FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SAPPHIRE Radeon X800GTO 512MB 256-bit GDDR2 PCI x16?

Omega_Squid
Found this graphics card at at great price, and was wondering, is it a good card for playing current games, or should I get a different card? I dont game heavily, so i need a good card thats less than $200. Any advice?
psycosquirrel
Not many games will utilize that 512mb of memory. For around $200, I would go for the 7600GT
Omega_Squid
thanks was just checking, because this card is like $119 on newegg, good price for a 512mb gc
ForceRun
ATi cards lately are a good level lower than the Nvidia card, I would get the 7600GT it has a ton more power than the X800, plus the memory is the SLOWER GDDR2 get a card with the GDDR3 memory, trust me the 7600GT is a much better card at $150. If you want to stay even cheaper, get the 6600GT it still is a better card be far compaired to the X800, must faster, MORE POWERFUL and has the high tech, like the newer Shader. All for $80 to $120. ATi use to rock but they still haven't given a good showing sence the Geforce 6's came out. Wink
Doc_89
My 800GTO does 550/1250
ForceRun
Yeah but does it have the higher tech like shader 3.0, and what are the actual benchmarks for in game...
psycosquirrel
There is no denying ATI and Pentium are behind NVIDIA and Intel. Later this year, Pentium will pull ahead because Conroe rules and AM2 is worthless (939 with DDR2). ATI seems to want to be behind...
Omega_Squid
Laughing k, i think ill get the 7600GT instead! Thanks for all your help!
Xeniczone
if money isn't an issue try going for the...7900 I think the number of there best one is.

It is true. It seems all the companies that Intel and ATI put down have kick Intel and ATI's Ass.

Sort of fell sorry for dell all they use is ATI and Intel. No not really they should have used amd and nVidia in the first place.