FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CD write not working

krazycapital
My cd writer isn't working! It's an LG brand DVD-RW combo drive. It isn't virus/spyware/adware cause I checked all that. Thanks!
Zach
lSaKenl
Hmm, maybe your burning program? try a new burning program, also can be that the cd you are trying to burn is damaged, try inserting a new blank cd, maybe the cd burner led is dirty, there may be several reasons, try the things i told you ^^
selim06
Check the cables which contacts Cd-Writer to Main Card...And a cd writer could work limited..So every CD destroys it some so may be your drive full destroyed! Evil or Very Mad
krazycapital
Quote:
Hmm, maybe your burning program? try a new burning program, also can be that the cd you are trying to burn is damaged, try inserting a new blank cd, maybe the cd burner led is dirty, there may be several reasons, try the things i told you ^^

I've tried 3 burning programs. I've tried 3 cd's. The computer place we bought it from just installed it. None of those.

Quote:
Check the cables which contacts Cd-Writer to Main Card...And a cd writer could work limited..So every CD destroys it some so may be your drive full destroyed! Evil or Very Mad

It's the first times I've ever used it. Also, opening the case voids our warranty. Sad
Miniwood
krazycapital wrote:
It's the first times I've ever used it. Also, opening the case voids our warranty. Sad

If it's under warranty and it doesn't work then call the place you bought it, they have to fix it or replace it.
krazycapital
I'm hoping it's just simple so I can fix it. It would take a few days up there.
Simulator
So does it just not record onto DVDs, can it read it and that, or is it completely dead?
krazycapital
It can't write to CD's
It can read CD's
It can read DVD's
I haven't tested writing to DVD's because I don't want to waste a disk.
Bones
So what happens when you try to burn a disk? Without an error message, I would say the first thing to check is to make sure disk writing is enabled.

Go to My Computer, right click on the dvd drive, left click properties
click the recording tab, and make sure the 'enable recording on this drive' box is checked.

Have you tried writing a disk with the windows burning software (XP only)
What OS are you using if it isn't XP?
FerSx
LG DVD burners r having A LOT OF PROBLEM lately, I work in a reseller here in Venezuela and we have to return all the lot to LG DVD’s because of problems. More than half of them come with riding righting problems. So don’t hesitate in going to change it.
krazycapital
Quote:
So what happens when you try to burn a disk? Without an error message, I would say the first thing to check is to make sure disk writing is enabled.

Go to My Computer, right click on the dvd drive, left click properties
click the recording tab, and make sure the 'enable recording on this drive' box is checked.

Have you tried writing a disk with the windows burning software (XP only)
What OS are you using if it isn't XP?
I already checked writing was enabled. I've tried it in Windows. I've never got an error.

Quote:
LG DVD burners r having A LOT OF PROBLEM lately, I work in a reseller here in Venezuela and we have to return all the lot to LG DVD’s because of problems. More than half of them come with riding righting problems. So don’t hesitate in going to change it.
Wahhh... I guess I'll have to get them to change it. Sad I'll be without computers for awhile then. Thanks!
flashmoto
Now a days it's alot cheaper to get a new cd writer. Same thing happened to my cd writer but i got a new dvd writer for $40.00 Very Happy
anthonygerbils
maybe the power supply isnot inserted corectly or the any other wires and if that is not problem then you should get nero its the best but if yiou by a new rw it normally comes with it your choice
corey
Just like any mechanical device, a cd burner will wear out. You're likely best off replacing it if this is a new problem and not an issue with drivers.
sush
Power might be OK, or it wouldn't even read. Try a firmware upgrade (last resort)?
abhishek_2410
i was having the same problem with my sony drive.it was only able to read dvd s.it was under warranty so i replaced it.the problem occured when i changed the drive with my friend drive.it was not working on my friend pc.then i saw that it is not working on any system(only reading dvd s).when i replaced the drive for a new one,i noticed a sticker on it which read-WARRANTY VOID IF USED WITH A DUPLICATOR OR FOR COMMERCIAL USE.i suspect that the companies now are doing something to prevent commercial use of drives.may be by installing some new mechanism in the drives which tracks the hardware config. and prevents drive from working if config is changed.i am suspecting this because after i got the new drive after replacing,it was workink well in my computer,but when i installed in my friend pc it again stopped working at the same moment as i installed it.i again had to replace it for new one.after that i didnt tried again.
cheeta
best thing is not to do any thing... as Computer is under warrenty so, calling up the support team would the best idea... there can be many problem...
  • may be the cables are not connected properly
  • may be a jumper issue (if it is faulty from the Day1)
  • may be writer is faulty
  • may even Mobo is giving trouble by not accepting the CD drive
so better call up the computer guyess....