FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Police that act like this need to be prosecuted.

odinstag
Check this little video out.

These police need to be punished. The sad thing is that these are all standard tactics for police these days. The little mind games they try to play to get something to arrest you on.

Mad

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_033170755.html
alkady
Man, Thats a first. But the guy who was making the complain didnt cooperate much. His tone sounded like he was pissed or something like that. The cop on the other hand was no better. Since when did you have to tell him what happened. It sounds more like the cop wanted to protect his collegue.
Code of Ruin
That can't be good for the reputation of the police force. At least make sure there are no camera's around when knocking somebody senseless.
It depends on the situation what force and how much of it maybe used and it is kind of hard to tell what exactly is going on.
Rmgk
Police.... these days they have wayyyyyyyy too much power, you can get your bag randomly checked, at anytime, or sniffer dogs can smell "drugs" on you and you will have to be forced to strip down and be searched by police while everyone searches, its just not fair. and this is only what happens in my city im guessing it gets much worse in other countries... does it?
mceejaydee
Cops are crooked.
snowboardude
quite unfortunately, this is true, and yes, cops do beat people if they don't co-operate.[/i]
cfackler
The other day I was reading a story about a boy who was shot to death by police officers because he was holding a knife. He was thought to possibly be bi-polar and his parents called 911 for an ambulance to take him to the hospital for evaluation. The police came instead, and after surrounding his house, they provoked him. He started towards a staircase, and before he even reached the bottom, the police fired almost 20 shots at him. A teenager still in high school, walking around his house with a Bible and holding a knife. He wasn't threatening anyone; he wanted to be left alone. And he was gunned to death. Puts the police to shame....

Edit:

I found the site:
http://www.drypen.net/
odinstag
Alex Jones has a bunch of stuff on this at Infowars.com

The Police State is here! A Prison Planet is on the way!
HoboPelican
I agree that those departments shown are deeply F**ked up. It would have been nice to see it unedited and see how long the guy was there before the cops started acting like that, but it was still terrible.

Those depts need to torn down and rebuilt with better people.

But I gotta say, don't assume all cops are anything like that. I've met a LOT of cops over the years and mostly in bad situations that I got myself into Wink But the vast majority where incredibly cool about things. I say fry those bastards, but dont accuse the whole profession because of pockets of fascists.
Soulfire
I think you should steer away from generalizations that include all cops, because as we ALL know (or should know by now), generalizations (aka Stereotypes = BAD things).

I agree that while police officer's methods may be strange, there are certain tactics that police officers must use to gather information... because you'd be surprised, not everyone comes out and sings like a canary.

I'm not saying that police should go unregulated or anything, but just in a bit of a defence of many police officers (I know a few police officers pretty well, they're not bad people).
odinstag
Soulfire wrote:
I think you should steer away from generalizations that include all cops, because as we ALL know (or should know by now), generalizations (aka Stereotypes = BAD things).

I agree that while police officer's methods may be strange, there are certain tactics that police officers must use to gather information... because you'd be surprised, not everyone comes out and sings like a canary.

I'm not saying that police should go unregulated or anything, but just in a bit of a defence of many police officers (I know a few police officers pretty well, they're not bad people).

No reason to justify bad behaviour as a nescessary evil to get their jobs done.

And stereotypes are not always bad. That's just parroting the party line.
rightclickscott
Luckily, or unluckily, I don't need to worry about this. My town is run by the mafia, and it's a really well run town, well, it looks like it. The police don't really bust anyone for anything here except for speeding (of all the things), because the mob is in charge of them too. This is why every person who lives outside of Middletown think's we're all drug dealers and stoners, which, unfortunatly, it true alot of the time. It's all stereotypes, especially because, personally, I quit taking drugs for my girlfriends sake, because she's really innocent. Anyways, yeah, you guys worry about that.
Josso
That's ridiculous. In this country luckily we don't have that much police corruption... that's one of the reasons I wouldn't live in America (no offense).

After media attention stuff usually get's sorted out though... that totally sucks Confused
lors
Just another case of people getting power who don't know how to handle it. It's too bad they don't remember that the police are there to protect and serve.
coolclay
I didn't see anything wrong with what those cops did. They did everything right it was the tester that was not cooperating. The cops tried finding out what the problem was, they tried finding more details so they could direct the tester, to who they needed to talk too or what they needed to do. If someone came up to you and started asking you stuff, and then you asked a question and they refused to answer that would piss you off too. I mean just like a store or something if you have an issue with an employee what do you do? You don't just ask for a complaint form, you tell an employee what happened, and if is a worthwhile complaint you get sent to speak to the manager, and then you tell him what the problem is. Its as simple as that.

People are so freakin hard on cops. If you had to live everyday with the risk of being shot, or stabbed, you would be cautious too, even too the point of shooting someone. Yes there are some bad cops out there. Just like there are bad game wardens, bad employees, bad bosses, bad anyones.

So don't ever say the people out there risking there own lives to protect your @ss are bad, I'd liked to see you do it.
HoboPelican
coolclay wrote:
I didn't see anything wrong with what those cops did...
So don't ever say the people out there risking there own lives to protect your @ss are bad, I'd liked to see you do it.

Dude, you are insane! The standard for the country, as quoted in the flick and verifiable in other places, is to have a form for complaints. This is to avoid exactly what we saw in the clip, intimidation. Chasing a guy down the street? That is way over the line and is simply hassassment.

Ya, its tough job and I DO give them credit and lots of respect. But that does not mean that every cop out there is a good decent servant of the law. Some overstep the line, just like any other profession involving power. To ignore the bad apples is just a slap in the face to the cops who day after day do the same job, but dont become power crazed fascist. Sorry, man, those cops were WRONG and those stations need to be reorganized.

Again, to clairfy, I firmly think most cops, in fact the great majority of them, do a great job. Those I salute
coolclay
Does it really matter "what all the other police departments are doing". If a police department choices to have one on one "customer service" instead of here fill out this paper, is that bad. You completely ignored this whole section of my post.

Quote:
The cops tried finding out what the problem was, they tried finding more details so they could direct the tester, to who they needed to talk too or what they needed to do. If someone came up to you and started asking you stuff, and then you asked a question and they refused to answer, that would piss you off too. I mean just like a store or something if you have an issue with an employee what do you do? You don't just ask for a complaint form, you tell an employee what happened, and if is a worthwhile complaint you get sent to speak to the manager, and then you tell him what the problem is. Its as simple as that.

The cops don't have time to listen to some gangster complaining about how the cops put the hand cuffs on too tight, when he was wrestling with them to get his knife. So the cops ask for more details so they can determine if it is a legitimate complaint for them to talk to a supervisor, chief, or what other advice he can give the person.
HoboPelican
coolclay wrote:

The cops don't have time to listen to some gangster complaining about how the cops put the hand cuffs on too tight, when he was wrestling with them to get his knife. So the cops ask for more details so they can determine if it is a legitimate complaint for them to talk to a supervisor, chief, or what other advice he can give the person.

Don't have time? Get back on your meds, man. The first cop had time to FOLLOW the guy around town. I didn't respond to the rest of your post because I didn't see anything worth replying to that wasn't addressed already. And YOU don't address the issue of police intimidation. Which is exactly why police stations across the country have made it as easy as possible for people to file complaints without fear. Do you deny that there are a small number of people in authority who misuse it? Are police supermen that are immune to abusing power?

Gangster? Laughing I guess you have to make up a situation so that it is easier to ignore what was in the clip, right?
seanooi
i never liked the police force in my country cause they're always bribed. Just makes me wanna give each of them ugly basta*** a tight slap.
bdoneck
alkady wrote:
But the guy who was making the complain didnt cooperate much.

Thats because he didn't have to cooperate with the officer, he can avoid his questions like that because he does not feel comfortable discussing the complaint with the officer.

Also, the officer was asking very intimidating questions like what's your name and where do you live, when I heard those questions I was thinking that the officer might be trying to plan on steaking out the guys home and watching him.
coolclay
Quote:
steaking out the guys home and watching him.
Anyone that would act as suspicious as the tester guy did should be steaked out.

Well I have to admit, I like police intimidation and all those other supposedly "bad" police things only because I am the son of a cop, and friends with all the other cops in the area. If you can become the friend of a cop you really can get out of anything lol. I've never even recieved a ticket before. Well I sorta did but then when he saw who I was he threw it away . Laughing
tyrant
It is funny why all the cops wanted to know exact details before allowing the tester to make a complain. If someone comes to make an enquiry you answer his question, not ask him another question.

oh well, things like this happen all the time, and its not like he had anyone to complain against.. i don't think cops are that dumb to stir up trouble infront of people for no reason.
Lied
There is the other side of the coin tho.Here police has strict rulles.Like that a policeman cannot use his weapon if not fired upon,plus even if he uses it,The case gets under investingation to examine if the use of firearm was nesesary.

This has lead to many officers being permanently suspended because they woonded a thief that broke into thier houses for exaple without provocation for example.

Plus at a few hostage situations the hostage has died.That could have been avoided if the criminal was shot at at the duration of the "hunt"(i do not remember the exact word) before the crimial took the hostage.

With the goverment being strict towards the police, th policemen are afraid to do their job and they end up doing it badly.
coolclay
Very true Lied, it happens every day, when a police officer is scared to do something because of fear of lawsuits and other BS.
Ellosha
Its really sad. You hear about these horrible police brutality stories, and because of them you hear about how horrible police officers are. But you never seem to hear about the ones who saved a life. Or who managed to rescue someone.

Or maybe that's just my local news. Either way, its sort of depressing to realize that all you're hearing about an organization is the bad things it does, when in reality it does more good than harm.

Not to say that the level of police brutality that occurs should be ignored, things like that should definitely be made known, it would just be nice to hear some of the good things, too.
cbf-cma
Yeah this looks bad for the cops. Im glad they caught it on film. It's important to keep police under close watch. They should have a show about bad cops.
pjv
Sometimes, its really hard nowadays to rely on the cops. Im not telling that all cops are bad. But others really are. I think you can call it abuse of powers. They have the access, they have connections, they have the authority, they have the guns. So what Im telling you is that when they want to pin you down, they can. And its hard to go against them because you can be charged of so many things like resisting arrest or worst an evidence will be planted. Unless they will be caught on camera, its quiet hard to prove your innocence.

Hopefully the good cops will stay as they are.
Marston
Yeah, I wouldn't make the generalisation that all cops are bad. Some are good. Some are bad- they're people, you know.
HoboPelican
Marston wrote:
Yeah, I wouldn't make the generalisation that all cops are bad. Some are good. Some are bad- they're people, you know.

Absolutely! As I said, I think most US cops are great and I give them loads of credit. But anyone in a position of authority should be held to a higher standard of conduct. That cop in the clip and those stations in general do a great diservice to the rest on the nation's police forces with their abuse of the powers they wield.
sujan
police are only for maintaing peace