FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

IP Ban

Reign
I want to ban a user of my forum, how can I find his ip adres to ip ban him?

thanx!
wumingsden
Reign wrote:
I want to ban a user of my forum, how can I find his ip adres to ip ban him?

thanx!

look at one of their posts. In the corner of his posts will be an "IP" button. This will show all of the IP addresses that they have posted from.
Reign
thanx!

that button was small... Smile
TeenZine
I think that answered your question but I would also bann ips known for being free plublical to prevent him from coming back. One sec I will update this post in a min when i can get to a diffrent screen.
TeenZine
OK go to http://www.samair.ru/proxy/ have fun blocking. If you want I will block all of these for 500 frih$
Reign
this was my first problem on my board, and its not something like spam or so, its a person who says he knows us... so don't ban anything teenzine..

other question: can I find out who that guy/girl is?
wumingsden
You can WHOIS their IP here or use the built in feature that phpBB uses. This will show the country and probably city that they reside in. It will also show the ISP. Other than that I doubt theres anything more that you can do. Why not E-Mail them asking them who they are and why do they think that they know you?
n0obie4life
wumingsden wrote:
You can WHOIS their IP here or use the built in feature that phpBB uses. This will show the country and probably city that they reside in. It will also show the ISP. Other than that I doubt theres anything more that you can do. Why not E-Mail them asking them who they are and why do they think that they know you?

Useless spam reply from a moderator!

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Mods are allowed to make spam replies!!! So I'm going to make one too.
tidruG
That most certainly is not spam. The user asked how to find out who the guy/girl is and wumingsden is just telling him how to do it.
Marston
This should be closed before you mods start duking it out.
Daniel15
If you keep getting spam from that particular IP address, email their abuse department. The email address to use will be listed on the WHOIS page.
mathiaus
-close-