FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are DiscoBoards Allowed to be Hosted?

SpellcasterDX
Are they? I've been wondering about this for a while now. I doubt it's nullified/warez/hacked software. It should be clean. I PM'd Bondings, but he never replied to my last question. So I'm asking it here.
Actually, the version I'm gonna be using is GC Boards (a modified version of DiscoBoards) So, they should be allowed, right?
wumingsden
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Are they? I've been wondering about this for a while now. I doubt it's nullified/warez/hacked software. It should be clean. I PM'd Bondings, but he never replied to my last question. So I'm asking it here.
Actually, the version I'm gonna be using is GC Boards (a modified version of DiscoBoards) So, they should be allowed, right?

Could you provide the link please that you will download from? I have searched google and so far have fount no sites that offer it for download that are still up and working. I will then check it out and see as I've never heard of it before.
SpellcasterDX
http://www.discosis.com/discoboard/discoboard_171.zip
That's the original DiscoBoards download place. I've talked with the creator of DiscoBoards before, his AIM is disc24au. So, you can ask him about it being clean.
For the modified version I plan to use, I'm afraid I've lost the link to that one. I'll find it, but I need to talk with someone to give me the link, only they know it. So maybe later on today I can post the link to the modified version I plan to use. The modded version is called GC Boards.
Bondings
If you talked to the creator, then it's ok.
wumingsden
Quote:
DiscoBoard is free for non-profit and academic use.

Sounds just like phpBB2 so it will be OK. If not then you'll just have to blame Bondings and me Laughing
Besides, if the owner supports it then there should be no problem with a Premodded version
SpellcasterDX
Ok. Thanks for the answers and the help, Bondings and wumingsden both! Very Happy
wumingsden
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Ok. Thanks for the answers and the help, Bondings and wumingsden both! Very Happy

If you need help installing it then drop me a PM and I'll help you out. I think I remember setting you up a phpBB forum, however, this was a very long time ago and I do not keep users hosting details so if you need help remember to send me them too.

-locked-