FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

X Men 4?

joxang
Went to see X-men the last stand yesterday, excellent film.

HE did just about kill everyone off though...so will there be a 4th X-men? The 'final last last ever stand (promise)' :p?

It did end on a bit of a cliffhanger...I won't say anything cos that would just ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen the film.
shinnoyami
I don't thik there will be an X-men 4, but there may possibly be a spin-off movie.. In an interview, Hugh Jackman says that there is a draft for a wolverine movie. So, lets keep our fingers crossed that Fox will accept the new movie
GDG
I saw the movie and I have to say that yes it was awsome, I think better than the other two! K look he does not kill of everyone, these are my thoughts,
AND PLEASE DO NOT READ ON IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE

Any ways we know that Beast stabbed Magneto with not one but 4 needle cures! Yet at the end of the movie Magneto tries to use his powers and somehow actually manages to make the chess piece move a bit which means he may have lost some control over his powers but not all!

If you stayed after the credits you would have seen something that almost everyone missed, guess what our favourite characer Xavier is not dead! If you remembered that movie he showed his class in the beginning about that person without the consciousness well Xavier goes into that persons body and is well alive again!

Now if you ask me something was strange about Jeans death! She dies twice as Jean, yeah if you think about it in the third movie she wakes up from her trance and tells wolverine to save her so he kills Jean. But then what about the phoenix! I think it still lives.

If you ask me, that wolverine movie might come but also X-Men 4. Seriously right now that is all Marvel is making money of from the movies and Fox is also making a ton of money off of the superheri movies Very Happy !

Once again those were my ideas and I hope no one read them who did not see the movie!
Rsam
Potential spoilerism here, but really just speculation

For people who saw the scene after the credits Xavier is alive with Dr. Moira McTaggert using the mind transfer thing.

We never saw Scott Summers(Cyclops) actually die.

Pheonix is actually a seperate entity from Jean, and they will find the real Jean Grey at the bottom of the ocean put in suspended animation by Pheonix, I think this is how the comic did the Pheonix arc, not sure exactly.

Magneto was getting his power back at the end of the movie. So X4 is easily possible.
joxang
gr fine, since everyone's posting spoilers :p.

I think it's quite obvious that they're setting it up for a fourth film, what with Xavier still being alive, and Magneto regaining his powers.

What could they possibly call it though? The 'last stand' sounded quite conclusive.
Eyre
i agree with everyone. I didnt stay after the credits to see that, but thanks for telling me! When the movie ended, it left lots of people wondering if there was going to be another one. It might've been just something to let the audiance think about, or could've been a sign that another one will be coming out. Guess we'll have to wait Very Happy
Guyon
I liked this latest X-Men movie the best. The plot to use a serum to remove all mutant powers was soooooo cool. It kept you on your toes while you watched, since you weren't sure if some of your favorite mutants were going to become just mere humans.

Wolverine -- tough and very much in character throughout the movie.

Storm -- at her best for sure. She was there at all of the critical moments and will surely do well as she takes over the school.

Professor Xaviar -- Such a critical character and I hated to see him die, but it did prove how strong Phoenix's powers truly were. His character will surely be missed.

Jean Gray / Phoenix -- I liked the flashbacks so that you could see where she came from and exactly how strong her powers were. Xaviar did a fine job of controlling them to a manageable state -- but that changed. The theatrics of her eyes glowing and face molting were a bit overdone.

Rogue -- Stuck in the middle of two choices. I think she made the right one, since she was always uncertain about her powers.

Cyclops -- Not seen too much - he was missed.

Beast -- WHOA! He was way cool. Loved the makeup job. His character really added a diplomatic part to the movie with the interaction with the politics of the country and how they treated mutants.

Magneto -- Did he REALLY lose his powers with the injections? I don't think so. Moving the San Fran bridge was such a cool idea.

That's all my thoughts for now. . . enjoy!
joxang
Guyon wrote:
Professor Xaviar -- Such a critical character and I hated to see him die, but it did prove how strong Phoenix's powers truly were. His character will surely be missed.

but he's not dead...as you may well have found out had u read the above posts Smile.

lol. it was a short clip after the credits.
angelussum
Eh, I hear that they aren't planning on making another one. And I agree, the last stand has this final ring to it.

Whatever though, they went crazy killing everyone off =/ It's pretty sad how death is never final in hollywood anymore. People just keep coming back one way or another.
alkady
Even a Wolverine Movie will be worthwhile, But X-Men 4? I dont know. Usually most movies end at 3. But hey, X-Men is a great serie, Worthwhile to go watch.
shwetanshu
Well i have not seen the movie yet, but read on Digg that X-Men 4 will be there... here's the link:
http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2006/01/fox_confirms_xmen_4.html
Rsam
The Last Stand was apparently the title for a a story arc, for the first trilogy. X4 will probably start on a completely unrelated plotline: Mr Sinister and Apocalypse.
zanzou
Movies confirmed:

Wolverine
Magneto Prequel
Emma Frost
One on "the kids"

No talk about X4, though I really want it... I need me some Gambit! D:

Sources:
http://superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=4329
deiphobus
There was a news article about this, which I read a couple of days ago. Fox confirmed that there will be X-Men 4. They named X-men 3 "The Last stand" because they worked as a trilogy. The story of each film was strongly related to each other (Mutant prejudice). X-Men 4, or what ever name they give it as long as it has X-Men, will indeed come true. But it would be a completely new story. Very Happy
selim06
X-Men The Last Stand was excellent when i watched i thought that it must continue but I don't know because They say this movie is "Last Stand"
hErockZ
i think too, that there will be xmen4...
the last szene, when magneto played chess, u saw that he didnt lost his power.. maybe hes still a peril for the non-mutant people...
i hope there will be a new, cause xmen3 was very good Smile
squeakypants
waiting...
TSpiralP
That last scene after the credits, kind off ticked me off. I seriously got dissapointed due to the fact that they totally changed the whole original story line from comics to end it at a third movie. If they are really creating a 4th movie/film.. I belive they should have kept at least some of the original story line.. to expand on, instead of making a random suprise and making people wait for another movie sequal
dexterius
X-men are great. But i still havent seen the last one Smile but i'm looking forward to see it soon Cool and bout 4th Film, i could be great .. i always enjoy some x-men story Smile
Arcannus
At the end of the movie when you see Magneta moving the chest piece, it is the serum wearing off.

When you think about it, the kid that was the source of the serum, his effect wore off almost instantly when he was not near you.

Now, the human scientists would have made the serum more potent yes, however i don't think it will be permanent.

Therefore magneto is simply regaining his powers, and guess what folks.......... that means rogue's powers will return also.

Sorry kiddies, no sex scenes for her.
faker_phil
Arcannus wrote:
Sorry kiddies, no sex scenes for her.

Fine with that...

Btw, I did a little research and found out about "Onslaught", he is magneto and xavier in one. Might be that xavier's conscience gets into magneto. However, in the "real" series, magneto gets into xavier d'oh!

Sources: http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/o/onslaught.htm
missmurder
I actually think the idea of all those spin-offs is really stupid, i would much rather see an x-men 4. i loved x3, it was really cool
nikogiant
Listen to this:

Quote:
The Last Stand

i think theres your anwser
Rsam
nikogiant wrote:
Listen to this:

Quote:
The Last Stand

i think theres your anwser

The Last Stand refers to the end of a story arch. The end of the first trilogy. The next archw ould be totally unrelated to this one and could easily stand-alone.

On an off note: GAMBIT PLEASE!!!!!

picsite
i didnt like the ending in X3 so i hope they make another one
jennahenrywagner
I actually saw Rogue (Anna Paquin) on T.V. recently. She seemed to hint at the fact that since The Last Stand was so well received, that there will be another X-Men movie. I would imagine that since the movies have been so profitable, Fox would see no reason to stop.
OsterhouseProductions
The 3rd movie was alright. I kinda liked the storyline, but all the stuff with Jean and the pheonix force and stuff was kinda gay. And why did so many people have to die off or lose their powers? It was kinda cool at the end how magneto pointed his hand at the metal chess piece, that was a good cliffhanger Razz .
matttai
it seems to be a trend to leave movies open ended nowaydays in case they are successful still so a proper sequel can still be made. Such as Doom. Wont definitely mean that there will be one though Smile
GProject
Rsam wrote:
On an off note: GAMBIT PLEASE!!!!!

Gambit had a role written in X3 - but when the actor they had in mind turned down the role, they didn't bother to try and recast. Gambit was written out, and the movie went ahead as planned.

You guys might want to check out the imdb pages for: Wolverine & Magneto
jeffsolodky
X-Men III sucked! But I blame it on the director for the first two not directing the third. I hope he directs the fourth, maybe it will be as good as the second.
GProject
jeffsolodky wrote:
X-Men III sucked! But I blame it on the director for the first two not directing the third. I hope he directs the fourth, maybe it will be as good as the second.

I don't think the departure of Bryan Singer was a major drawback for X3 - I can't say that X3 was badly directed. Plus he was too busy working on Superman Returns (which I can't wait to see). I get the feeling that he won't be back for X4.
Sappho
Rsam wrote:
Pheonix is actually a seperate entity from Jean, and they will find the real Jean Grey at the bottom of the ocean put in suspended animation by Pheonix, I think this is how the comic did the Pheonix arc, not sure exactly.

Nope they were inpersonating the same body. And Jean/Phoenix cant die since she is an omega level mutant so i a wouldnt be worring about her Smile

Some facts about Jean/Phoenix for those that didnt read the comix.

Wikipedia wrote:
She has died several times in the history of the series, such as the classic "Dark Phoenix Saga," but due to her connection with the Phoenix Force, she, as her namesake implies, always rises from death.

Wikipedia wrote:
As the Phoenix, Jean can resurrect herself after death. Sometimes she resurrects almost immediately while at other times she stays for an extended period in the White Hot Room to allow the Phoenix to do "Phoenix Work" (affecting timelines, repairing realities, etc.). She can resurrect later within a new body formed from a Phoenix Egg/cocoon.
whplace
XMEN 3 Rocked ! ANd they all r alive alright!

Magento >>> Got his powers back. So the cure is temporary.
Bad Guys >> Back again including Mystique as the cure is temporary
Jean >>> Level 5 mutant! So she will surely have healing powers .......... She will come back just like she did in this movie!
Scott >>> We didnt see him die or his body!
Xavier >>>> Got his conscience transfered!!!!

So there we habve it!

The whole Crew is back! And X Men 4 will be here soon!

Maybe "Wolverine" is X Men 4! That is a thought isnt it ???? Lets wait and see!

Thank you,

whplace
triggerhappy
i have not seen x3 yet i just can't wait to see i personely think it is going rock Smile
vln004
there needs to be a movie in the xmen world that isn't about solely the xmen, perhaps a gambit spinoff would be good; he use to be a thief right? that would be a good movie. he has to be one of the cooler characters.

each character in the xmen has enough background material from the comics for them to make endless movies. i hope they will consider gambit's and psylock's story.

btw, psylock is a telepath that got stuck into a female ninja assasin's body, very interesting character.
Sappho
If i could choose a character from X-Men so they would make a movie about him it would be Iceman, i mean he is so cool (literally) Smile And btw he is also Level 5 mutant (omega level in comix series) but he doesnt even know it Wink
trilogy456
jeffsolodky wrote:
There were some slower parts but the underlying story line based on the comics is solid.
cloudship
I just have one question for the ending part of the X-men 3.

Why did the wolfman not give the woman the cure but just killed her directly?

I just cannot figure it out.
rein
angelussum wrote:
Eh, I hear that they aren't planning on making another one. And I agree, the last stand has this final ring to it.

Whatever though, they went crazy killing everyone off =/ It's pretty sad how death is never final in hollywood anymore. People just keep coming back one way or another.

Even bambi's mother didn't escape that fate. It's a sad sad planet.

Why did i get the feeling 'Xaviers school for gifted youngsters' felt more like Hogwarts in 'the last stand'? People levitating paper planes in corridors and all that. They're so setting us up for some mutant-puberty-drama in the forth.

I think the killing (or replacing with someone else, like xavier) has to do with keeping the future movies afordable for FOX.
m_furquan36
I havent seen the movie yet so cant really say how it is...but from all i heard it sucks pretty much...then again theres always that like 1 bad film in every trilogy Razz
sketteksalfa
Im expecting to see more action of other characters if X-Men IV will be cooked. And i want more characters to appear as there are more characters not revealed in the story. When i was a child i was collecting X-Men cards and i hope i can see those characters in the movie.
picsite
i didnt check if i already replied but i would be looking forward to a x-men 4
delun
I watched the XMEN 3 as well, my opinion is that 100% there will be XMEN 4, the story in 3 doesn't finish yet. so let just waite fot that day. Very Happy
juliox
I bet it will be interesting to see a 4th movie of xmen, but dont take me wrong, i guess there are many things missing, things that people would like to see that why they are hoping for a 4th movie to be make, but in my opinion, it would be best if there is not 4th movie, i would really like to have in my mind this last movie as the end, bc just think a bit, i know that it would be great, the return of Magneto, Magneto Taking out the Adamantium skeleton from wolverine, etc, but at the end people get a bit overeacted if they see a 4th movie...just i hope the wolverine movies will rulez
reddishblue
That was an enjoyable movie.
The plot is so open and so profitable that there will definately be an X-Men 4 and spin-off movies do suck and they are nothing like actual contanuaity.
I do like the fraisure spin-off from cheers Laughing
QrafTee
joxang wrote:
Went to see X-men the last stand yesterday, excellent film.

HE did just about kill everyone off though...so will there be a 4th X-men? The 'final last last ever stand (promise)' :p?

It did end on a bit of a cliffhanger...I won't say anything cos that would just ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen the film.

I have heard that Xmen will only be a trilogy... but then the same was said of Star Wars so maybe there will be another triology of Xmen after. Since I did read a spoiler about Prof X. passing I have to remind you that there are two mutants who have been known to transform into Prof. X in the cartoon/comic. One is Morph and the other is Changeling and either one may have "mysteriously" taken the place of the Professor somewhere and taken his place to die (if they needed to work something for Patrick Stewart's return, that is).
wahsap
Rsam wrote:
Potential spoilerism here, but really just speculation

For people who saw the scene after the credits Xavier is alive with Dr. Moira McTaggert using the mind transfer thing.

We never saw Scott Summers(Cyclops) actually die.

Magneto was getting his power back at the end of the movie. So X4 is easily possible.

I thought they said they will not make another sequel. But Wolverine the movie is confirmed start filming next year
shinnoyami
now that you all have said those possibilities that there could be an x-men4, i'm convinced. i think there might be one too... i am particularly interested in seeing one about the kids.
angels
hey guys what's up i don't think there will be x men 4 ever
cause of x men 3 last,. is the final one in the x mens so what they will do else if there another one 4 i mean i think they will kill every body still remaining
that's alll
greenwoodmonkey
I didn't actually stay to see the movie past the credits, so I can't comment on the possibility that Xavier might still be alive, in limbo or whatever, but I think; just like all good movies the director has simply left the door ajar (rather than wide open) for a sequel... nothing generates debate or interest than the possibility, and if there is enough debate or interest then a sequel is likely to be made, he is a good director and he's simply given us a hope...

There is also the studio to take into consideration. What company would simply allow one the biggest grossing trilogies for them just finish. Would they give that control to one director? No, they would want to see the viewing figures, and then make the decision.... this is how it is with the majority of action blockbusters... although I will draw your attention to the final seconds of "Masters of the Universe" the 1986(ish) movie of "He-Man" starring Dolph (I make bad movies all the time, so why would this one be different) Lundgren...

I was 9 at the time, I went to see it with my best friend, and even at 9 I knew the film was pony... but at least Skeletor died... or thats what you were lead to believe.... oh yes, watch past the credits and sure as eggs is eggs old bone face resurfaces from the grave pledging to give his revenge in the sword holding chosen one......

And did he? No, because as I have mentioned above the studio more than likely wanted to see what the viewing figures were like before commiting to a sequel, and seeing as He-Man's one and only nemisis was Skeletor, killing him would slam the door in the face of that.. I just thank the lord (now daily) that the figures were abysmal and we never had to encounter that franchise again...

So back to X-Men 3 - The Last Stand

Magneto regaining his powers? Maybe.. and yes maybe the serum used is flawed and fades over time to give mutants back it's powers, but maybe Magneto is just strong enough to overcome something as trivial as being injected by 4 times the amount it takes to remove the powers of lesser mutants... as for Rogue, ah well.. I was just dissapointed she didn't go in a more gorey end, she was (in my humble opinion) one of the dullest characters and should have been dropped after her crucial part in the first movie - there was simply no need for her again...

Like all good things I think it is safe to make the assumption that sooner or later the X-Men franchise will come to an end... but while it is such a huge money spinner like all of the Marvel Page-to-Screen migrations I can't see why they would end it after 3 movies, apart from the viewer/audience fatigue...

Yes we all want more, and yes I am sure they will give us more, but I personally think they will do it via cross overs and spin offs rather than carry on with the X-Men format per se...

There is a weath of characters in the Marvel archive that they can dig out for film release and some that have already had a movie that can handle a sequel (well, maybe not Hulk, which I personally thought was the lamest of the them all - notwithstanding "The Punisher")... for example Fantastic Four... hmm Jessica Alba (drool)

A Wolverine spin off? Maybe, but only if Jackman does it, anything else is going to look rubbish...

Don't anyone suggest a Cyclops spin off, I have always thought of him as one the lamest characters in X-Men, and the actor that took the role in X-Men only cemented that for me....

A Beast spin off might work, again with the same actor (Kelsley Grammer - aka Frasier), but maybe only as a TV series... the guy is a great actor, but not always consistant on the big screen.

I'm just gonna wait for Spidey 3 and see what follows after that...

Oh, and have we even touched on Dare Devil with Ben Affleck, or Electra (DD spin off) with Jennifer Gartner??
MeddlingMonk
I liked X-Men 2 the most out of the three films so far. I'm certain that another X-Men film would be made (the trilogy has been very profitable so far, and the ending of X-Men 3 leaves everything wide open for another movie). Rumour has it that there might actually be two spin-off movies: Wolverine, focusing just on that character, and Young Magneto, which apparently might focus on the meeting and early friendship of Magneto and Xavier.
deStructuralized
Rsam wrote:

Yes, that's how the comic did the arc

It's NOT how X3 did it. They explained Phoenix using some BS about the id and the ego in the movie. So that possibility is out; killing Phoenix means you kill off Jean's "subconscious" or Jean herself somehow. She's dead. So's Cyclops.

The movie ruined the Phoenix arc. I'd be perfectly happy if they stopped making X-men movies after X3.