FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Autoinstall script in directadmin?

codekiller
hello, i just want to know.. Is the directadmin have an autoinstall script? Something like fantastico on cpanel?
because i want to install gallery2 but it has 11+mb and the quota for uploading is maybe 2+mb... Is there any autoinstaller on the web?
Hobbit
You can't install it automatically. And you should be able to upload it and install it manually without a problem.

It's a bit more work, but you learn a lot.
Scorpio
There is an auto install script

It is called installatron

But that can only be used in DA control panels if it is installed on it like fantastico is installed on cpanel
Daniel15
scorpio wrote:
There is an auto install script

It is called installatron

But that can only be used in DA control panels if it is installed on it like fantastico is installed on cpanel

But we won't be getting that in the near future (unless someone pays for it Wink).

As people have said already, you'll need to upload it manually. If a .tar.gz version is available, download that, and then upload it to your webspace. Then, you'll be able to extract the files inside DirectAdmin (this is usually faster than uploading all the files individually).
codekiller
Can you give some instruction on how to extract the .tar.gz archives inside directadmin? Or may a link for tutorials... I tried to use net2ftp but I always got an error containing the upload file size limit... Thanks for you quick reply.
mOrpheuS
codekiller wrote:
Can you give some instruction on how to extract the .tar.gz archives inside directadmin? Or may a link for tutorials... I tried to use net2ftp but I always got an error containing the upload file size limit... Thanks for you quick reply.

perhaps this is what you're looking for : http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-282132.html#282132 ?

Regarding the upload limits, these are only limitations of the upload script that you're using. (net2ftp)
You should use a FTP client like FileZilla for uploading files in such cases.

Upload the file with FTP, and then extract it with the DirectAdmin file manager.
Bondings
We aren't providing any autoinstall scripts for DirectAdmin, so that's not an option.

And yes you should be able to extract a .tar.gz file in the file manager of DirectAdmin.