FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Teens Give Marijuana-Filled Muffins to Teachers.

TeenZine
Ok I herd on the news 2 kids localy made marawana muffins and gave them to there teachers as a " teacher apreciation (?) Day gift" How stupid can they be they have been suspended and will be arested . Stupid people these days.

Edit my source was my local news channal who dosen't have website.
Scorpio
Yeah sure/

Where is the damn source for this?
i_am_mine
it's spelled marijuana.

have a cookie.
tidruG
Read the forum stickies.

-locked-

(have another cookie)
(and remember, there is no spoon... just like there is no open thread without a source... as much as possible)
gh0stface
Actually, I remembre hearing about this. Although nothing as of late. The only article I could find was this: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12954430/

So tidruG, I hope it's ok for me to unlock this thread as I have provided a source. Albeit, it's a weak one.

Few more sources:
http://www.woai.com/news/state/story.aspx?content_id=CDDA85EA-BE40-4A23-8A7C-BA6E94CCA962
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/051706dnmetmuffins.49cc00be.html

It also looks they arrested the teen. Not quite sure as I only skimmed the article
TeenZine
gh0stface wrote:
Actually, I remembre hearing about this. Although nothing as of late. The only article I could find was this: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12954430/

So tidruG, I hope it's ok for me to unlock this thread as I have provided a source. Albeit, it's a weak one.

Few more sources:
http://www.woai.com/news/state/story.aspx?content_id=CDDA85EA-BE40-4A23-8A7C-BA6E94CCA962
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/051706dnmetmuffins.49cc00be.html

It also looks they arrested the teen. Not quite sure as I only skimmed the article
They were not for the same citty but I see they have the same point how stupid are they ?
tidruG
gh0stface wrote:
So tidruG, I hope it's ok for me to unlock this thread as I have provided a source.

Definitely is.
Though I did change the title to something that gives a better idea about the news than "Read this" Wink
TeenZine
Ok im sorry I should of named it better i was in a hurry that night.
alexcheng
i know some highschool teachers that would've appreciated that gift Razz

haha, i mean, if u know ur teacher's 'cool' about it, i don't see why not (as long as they KNOW what it is)
Biodiesel
Yeah, but feeding someone a tranquilizer without their permission is not cool. Plus, ingested pot last for what, 12 hours? The teacher probably had to drive home.
TeenZine
No they had to rush her to the hospital and worst off it took a week to find the
kid who did it.
joshumu
Thats great. I wish i could do that, but my teachers are too hip and would know with the first bite. D.A.R.E. to make a statement.
felisleo
well it would be good jole if the teacher just found muffinns on the table and
ate one or two.
Soulfire
Like the teacher put up much of a fight. In all honesty, the kids were pretty stupid to do that.
area547
Well I really have mixed feelings on this.
It sounds like a pretty funny prank, assuming you put maybe 2 muffins on display that are "special", but making so many that 18 people get high is a little over the top (not to mention expensive).
The charges they are facing however are ridiculous:

" If a suspect is arrested, he could face federal product tampering charges as well as local and state charges, FBI Special Agent Lori Bailey said. Tampering charges could carry a 10-year sentence. " link

A ten year sentence for a prank? That just doesn't seem right.
Just let the kids not walk at graduation and have them do a ton of hours for cummunity service.
TeenZine
area547 wrote:

A ten year sentence for a prank? That just doesn't seem right.
Just let the kids not walk at graduation and have them do a ton of hours for cummunity service.

I know that's what im saying that is way over the top also the source mention above is not the one localy ( happened twice i guess) but any ways this sad And I agree dont let tem graduate do comunity serves but jail time for the FUNNY prank is to much im sorry but this is the funniest pranl I ever herd of/
diverden
What if the kids get a slap on the wrist and some community service but the next groups of kids puts someting toxic/poisonous in the coffee or whatever. The crime is the same if the student did not know it was toxic or did not intend to poison anyone. Sort of like the lookalike weapons rule in schools, it is not whether it is a real gun or not, it is the perception it gives. I think 10 years is too much but probation and community service is a little too mild.
noexes89
Kinda off topic, but the Google ads for this topic are hilarious.

Quote:
Plug-N-play Hydroponics
Help mainstream indoor gardens. No longer for growing illegal plants!

You know, if it isn't for illegal plants, why is it showing up under the keyword marijuana?
The_Gamer294
Vrythramax
I know a couple of professors who can't really stand to smoke a joit everyone now and then.

@TeenZine....marawana???....man, at least try to find the spelling, or use a spell checker.
Marston
Vrythramax wrote:
I know a couple of professors who can't really stand to smoke a joit everyone now and then.

@TeenZine....marawana???....man, at least try to find the spelling, or use a spell checker.
Ironically, he spelled marijuana correctly in the title. Confused
Soulfire
That sounds like something I'd do. No, wait... mine would be laced with "special white sugar". In all honesty I wouldn't do that, I'm not THAT thick. But anyways, comical, stupid... well, kids. What is that old saying? Kids do the darnest things?
vexation
These teenagers should definitely get more punishment than just not walking at graduation and community service. They force-fed someone an illegal substance. Because of that, they should get at least the minimum punishment for possession and distribution of marijuana(which is less than 10 years for an adult, it will probably be less because they are juveniles). It was a good natured prank, that's why they should get the minimum sentence, but it was an illegal substance and letting them off w/o hard time is conveying the wrong message to other potential pranksters who want to use something more dangerous.
Marston
vexation wrote:
These teenagers should definitely get more punishment than just not walking at graduation and community service. They force-fed someone an illegal substance. Because of that, they should get at least the minimum punishment for possession and distribution of marijuana(which is less than 10 years for an adult, it will probably be less because they are juveniles). It was a good natured prank, that's why they should get the minimum sentence, but it was an illegal substance and letting them off w/o hard time is conveying the wrong message to other potential pranksters who want to use something more dangerous.
Wrong, they didn't force feed pot to anyone. The teachers didn't have to eat the muffins. No, they can't really be charged with posession or trafficking: there's no way to prove the pot came from them (or that they themselves put the pot in the muffins - it could've been a prank on the people the baked the muffins). Additionally, I don't think you'll be seeing students putting cocaine into muffins anytime soon: who'd waste that kind of money?
simp
Wow, that is way cool! i'm glad to see that higher education is alive and well. The teacher should really thank those kids. Those must have been som expensive muffins.
Varo
Its probbaly happened more then you think. I know of an incident where the teacher (the counselor) was given brownies laced with marijuana. It had enough to make her really really high. I mean she was just out of it. The sad thing about it was that she lost her job because she tested positive for marijuana. They never figured out that it was from the brownies so the students involved were never punished in any form. I think it went to far since the teacher lost her job and wont be able to get a job with another school. I mean being fired for illegal drug use on a school campus (during school hours) just doesnt look good.
Vrythramax
Varo wrote:
Its probbaly happened more then you think. I know of an incident where the teacher (the counselor) was given brownies laced with marijuana. It had enough to make her really really high. I mean she was just out of it. The sad thing about it was that she lost her job because she tested positive for marijuana. They never figured out that it was from the brownies so the students involved were never punished in any form. I think it went to far since the teacher lost her job and wont be able to get a job with another school. I mean being fired for illegal drug use on a school campus (during school hours) just doesnt look good.

Given your just information, how are we all to know it's as you described? Nobody could be caught, nobody was charged....it seems like speculation on your part, either by acting on what you believe or what you have heard. How do you know this person wasn't a drug user to start with and didn't make it public knowledge? A job title entitles you to nothing, but it does imply many things.

Quote some references please.
IceNinjaa
yeah i saw it on the news last week. The kid was able to just walk in and put the bag of muffins in the teachers lounge. The guy that 'greeted' him didnt even bother to ask about what he was doing. Just pointed and off he went.

I'm sorry but I got a little laugh out of the incident. I know that some of the teachers got pretty sick, but just the thought that they were able to go through with it. All be it a stupid idea, maybe if they did it to the underclassmen...