FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

American Idol. How much money do they make?

LA Ridge
This show blows my mind! They have people calling in to text "vote". Last count 62,000,000 and that is just ONE show! They do this twice a week for the whole season. How much does texting cost? and how much does anyone here estimate that they make just from that?
Nigeria
my guess would be over 10 thousand because most text messages are 10 cents per text. unless you have cingular then its free so they arent getting a profit.
LA Ridge
No way... They charge for the call too I believe. Plus if text messages apply. I know they are making way more than 10,000. That's chickenscratch.
jeremoi
I thought that the texts were only from AT&T phones. But of those 60 million votes a lot of them come from phone calls.

For, Coke and AT&T must all make a lot of money because their logos are practically always on the screen.
LA Ridge
Exactly, they do. And they charge for those calls, like a 900 number. Most people don't pay that much attention to it.

I think it is a lot like people dowloading jokes. I think that is hilarious! Why do people pay for that nonsense? (If you do I apologize)

American Idol is a cool program. I like it. I am in the entertainment promotion business also and I appreciate their ideas.