FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pitbulls RULE!!!

LA Ridge
I have owned pitbulls for quite awhile. I get tired of all the bad press about them. They are PEOPLE dogs... Period! That is in their genes.

Ask yourself this question... "If you were fighting dogs in a ring, would you want the dog aggressive toward you, or the other dog?"

I don't fight animals, I think is is totally cruel. But, these dogs have been trained to obey handlers and fight other dogs, NOT PEOPLE!

Fact is, the majority of so called "Pitbull" attacks aren't even pitbulls to begin with! You can train ANY dog to be vicious. I have seen more little dogs with attitude that just about anything else. My dog has no idea what the papers say about her... She is just a dog!
Hobbit
I do agree that dogs can be trained. However, I have been attacked by a dog before, I was bit, and traumatised for life. It wasn't a pitbull but it was still scary.

Like a month ago my cousin WAS attacked by a pitbull. His hands and stomach were destroyed. Crying or Very sad In fact, I'm going to go ask my mom right how he's doing.
LA Ridge
I'm sorry that happened. It is the OWNERS fault! The dog is a product of it's keeper. And what in the HELL was that dog doing out of his keepers control in the first place? There are some retarded dogs out there. The reason is overbreeding! You can only have sex with your sibling so long before you reproduce a strange being.

I was bit in the face also. By a dog that I was told did not bite! So I understand the pain and the fear.

I live in a large and violent city. There are home invasions all the time, but I DARE some a*sh*le to try it over here! I feel VERY safe with this dog in my house. I am a pretty big person, and I love to fight, but with this dog around I don't even have to. I do not worrry about anyone even coming close to this house without this dog going nuts! Other than that... She NEVER barks.

So a Properly trained dog is one that is safe around anyone and only attacks if needed.

And I am sorry that happened to your friend. It was not the dogs fault though, it was the OWNERS!
bi42069
I totally concure. To elaborate a little more on the subject. There are also working class pitts and what I call pretty pitts. Working class- bred for a job and their genetic superiority. Pretty- bred cause they look good. The latter are the ones that are ussually bred to their brothers,sisters,moms and dads because they are looking for specific look of pittbull not a genetic predisposition. My pitts look the same as they did when they were born. They have not had their ears cut cause they were not born that way and because I don't want them getting ear infection and they are not fighters so therefore their ears not going to get ripped off. If they were supposed to have pointy little unprotective ears they would be born with them. And I too am appologetic about ur cousin being attacked,but any untrained dog isan accident waiting to happen. Training is essential in any dogs life whether its a 2lb. Chihuahua all the wa up to 150lb.+ great dane. U wouldn't just let your kids do what ever they wanted when ever they wanted so you shouldn't let your dogs either.
ato784
LA Ridge wrote:
I have owned pitbulls for quite awhile. I get tired of all the bad press about them. They are PEOPLE dogs... Period! That is in their genes.

Ask yourself this question... "If you were fighting dogs in a ring, would you want the dog aggressive toward you, or the other dog?"

I don't fight animals, I think is is totally cruel. But, these dogs have been trained to obey handlers and fight other dogs, NOT PEOPLE!

Fact is, the majority of so called "Pitbull" attacks aren't even pitbulls to begin with! You can train ANY dog to be vicious. I have seen more little dogs with attitude that just about anything else. My dog has no idea what the papers say about her... She is just a dog!

so true, people complain about them, but they are not so violent. granted they are not as friendly as most lab's..., but still quite nice, usually.
Hello_World
Actually I disagree. Violent dogs kill people.

Owners can't be trusted, better to ban the violent dogs. Nothing against any individual owner, but these dogs seem to escape all the time.

Why on earth would anyone want a violent breed of dog is beyond me.

Is it really worth having such dogs around, when they kill?

How can you really justify what happened to Hobbit's cousin? It is a tradgedy.

There was a young girl on the news a few weeks ago, a dog escaped and ran into her house and killed her in her backyard.

This is why they have a bad reputation. They deserve it.

If you want to guard your house and have a good pet, what is wrong with a German Shepard?

I am very glad that they are bringing in that legislation here that says if your dog kills someone, you are guilty of involuntary manslaughter...
nigam
Hobbit wrote:
I do agree that dogs can be trained. However, I have been attacked by a dog before, I was bit, and traumatised for life. It wasn't a pitbull but it was still scary.

Like a month ago my cousin WAS attacked by a pitbull. His hands and stomach were destroyed. Crying or Very sad In fact, I'm going to go ask my mom right how he's doing.

ohhh...your story is a scary one...so how's your cousin by the way? i thought he'll die because of his stomach were destroyed...hope he'll gets better....
bi42069
a dangerous dog can be of any breed. And german shepards are also typed as dangerous dogs in some states. I have been bitten and growled at by more tiny dogs than I have ever been with big so called "dangerous" dogs. So why aren't chihuahuas on the "dangerous" dog list? No body seems to think tiny little 2 pound dogs can seriously hurt you, but they most certainly can. So saying ban the dogs is wrong. If you banned all the dogs that are labeled as being "dangerous" there would be no dogs allowed in any state because they can ALL be dangerous.
jwellsy
A 2lb ankle bitter isn't going to tear the face off a toddler.
tonberry
I'm sorry to bump a 2 year old thread, but I just had to drop my two cents when it comes to pitbulls. They get a lot of bad press and some if ot is justified, mainly because of 'pitbulls' without a pedigree that were owned by God knows who and were taught bad things and kept in terrible conditions.

All dogs with a pedigree are a different story and after all the generations of eliminating aggression, I would be very surprised if any visible percentage would end up aggressive without a reason.

I had the pleasure to meet two pitbull professional breeders and they had only positive things to say about Pitbulls. Of all the breeds, they are the ones that get extremely attached to people and get insanely protective over children (most of the time they even bark at the owner if he wants to harm children). They may look scary, but deep down are extremely affectionate and protective. Lovely breed!
grofet
Animal is still an animal. They have animal instinct on the brain. An angry dog can bite human to death. Children is an easy victim for dog. I think there are many logic explanation why dog is forbidden as human pet in my religion. I don't want to make other people hurt by my pet. I do not want to get sin because of my pet.
tonberry
grofet wrote:
Animal is still an animal. They have animal instinct on the brain. An angry dog can bite human to death. Children is an easy victim for dog. I think there are many logic explanation why dog is forbidden as human pet in my religion. I don't want to make other people hurt by my pet. I do not want to get sin because of my pet.

Excuse me for saying that, but what you just wrote is a complete @#$&$% Smile

A dog doesn't just bite a child because it is an animal just like you don't bite your father because you are an animal. Dogs are very protective of their owners and are often 10x more protective over children in the family! It is true that huge dogs can even knock out a child by accident during play, but they will never do anything with intent to harm it.

As a matter of fact, if someone would make stats out of this it would probably turn out there is a 100 times bigger chance that you will get hurt by your relative than by your dog.
fuzzkaizer
i will not go in defence of the relatives - they shurely can be dangerous, too..
but as for dogs, my friends one year old daughter, she couldn't even walk at that time, was attacked by a little lap dog and bitten in the face. thanks god he didn't get her too bad, the owner grabbed him instantely, still the baby was hurt. they had to go to hospital immediately, and what happens in such a case are automatically juridical procedures. now were the parents guilty of letting the baby too close to the dog, which didn't seem to be dangerous, though. or in how far is the owner to blame - she states that never anything happened like this before, of course, so she couldn't expect anything in the way... still there is no easy explanation why this could happen. it might be something with the dogs instincts.

anyway, the dog can't be blamed, he is neither good nor bad, he is just a dog, and all responsibility goes on count of his owner, naturally, still there are dog owners who do not have that so clear. (in the same way as parents you carry all responsibility for your baby, no matter what any court would say, you'll always blame yourself as parents somehow).
if someone says
"Animal is still an animal. They have animal instinct on the brain."
i don't think thats nonsense, but rather a confirmation of what someone stated before. that dogs have to be well trained, and that the dog owners should be trained as well how to understand their dog, how it would probably react in certain situations, because if the situation is not a trained one, it might stick to it's animals rules (instincts). just to be able to react responsibly in matters concerned to ones dog...
tonberry
Fuzzkaizer now I understand why you wrote what you wrote earlier. This is very sad what happened to that girl< hope she is ok now.

You are very right saying the dog's actions are his owner's responsibility and right again with animal instincts - its hardest to spot our own animal nature, but it's there and well. Anyone who doubts that should watch videos of store openings when new discounts arrive, or read about killing each other during wars since the beginning of time - animal nature doesn't get worse than that and we are the species that mastered that trade.

Few things need to be taken into consideration:

1. Did that dog have a pedigree? Responsible owners who have enough money should always go for a dog with a pedigree. The main thing breeders do is eliminating aggression - there is no single character trait that is more important for them. There are protective dog breeds that will kill anything that goes on the terrain and that can't be changed - generations of serving humans on farms etc. shaped them into what they are today, but when it comes to an inside job, like biting a girl in the face, this kind of stuff has a drastically lower chance of happening with a dog with a pedigree. The worst are dogs bought in bazaars and markets - they are kept in worst conditions and messed up childhood is equally destructive for humans as it is for dogs.

2. Children need to be watched with dogs, as some dogs don't understand their physicality and, like I said earlier, could knock out a kid. Hell, my adult friend was even knocked out cold by his dog when it was trying to jump through fence and he didn't notice it in time and got on the line. Since it was a pitbull with a thick skull at high speed, he didn't have much chance in that confrontation Smile Children can be also blamed some - most of young kids treat a dog like a toy and don't understand it is a living being. Sticking fingers into their eyes and pulling the tail are two most popular things little children do to dogs. When a dog is vindictive, it can remember those things and strike back at what looks like a random act of violence, but is the result of earlier actions.

3. Dogs are attention ****** and when a child is being born, that attention goes away from dog. If its owners suddenly stop showing their affection towards it, it can see the child as a competition and at some point a frustration accumulates in attack. This, again, can be spotted by a mile, but owners need to be on the lookout for abnormalities in dog's behavior and to even know when a dog behaves like it should and when it doesn't, they need to be learned those things before or early after that bought the dog. Having a dog is almost always more responsibilities than what people thought before buying one.
standready
Any animal can turn violent even humans. Environment plays a role.
sorgroundseo
It's very harmful.