FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unusual motoring antique

lurch003
Hi

I've had a 1956 highway code left to me along with a 1961 tax disc. It has sentinmental value and so I woudn't be looking to sell but wonder if there is any value in this sort of thing and whether I should look at insurance if it is of high value

Anybody with any genuine thoughts, I would be grateful for a reply
Rolling Eyes
Thanks
richie6963
What are those items you speak of? What do they do? Just curious because I have never heard of such items. In terms of value and what not, I would check with 2 sites: eBay and Froogle (the google thing), and you might find what you are looking for!
lurch003
You must've heard of the highway code?!! The government general rules of the road booklet. Green means go and all that?!!!!

The tax disc's are what you put on your car to show you have paid excise duty - more government tax?!!

Must be an English thing!!
ocalhoun
If you found just the right buyer, it might be worth the paper it was printed on. You'd be suprised how much stuff like that is sitting around.
I bought a Mark Twain novel printed in '21, signed by the author for $5 in a garage sale.
sugarbox
Smile more tax