FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Graphics prog - help!!!

lurch003
Hi

I've used a program a few years ago that helped you cut around images (heads, taking people from backgrounds etc) and place into new backgrounds but the hard drive went wrong and lost it.

I can' remember what it was called though I'm sure it was a microsft program and I keep trying to find it but can't.

I've looked at photoshop but its a bit advanced for what I'm looking for

HELP!!!!
forumposters
I know it's not easy but Photoshop is your best option. There are some good tutorials out there on this and here you will find many responses to this same question you are asking about:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=62720
novisdesign
Photoshop all the way. It might be what you had.
Balthamos
If it was made my Microsoft, then it was probably none other than the confounded Image Composer. While it gets the job done (sort of), you are better off getting Photoshop or the free Gimp (or can get Gimp with a PS twist to it; GimpShop)

~Balthamos
ashok
Photoshop's the best.. Wink
Balthamos
Well, you get that power for a pretty penny. The alternatives are for those who want a good, free application.

~Balthamos
lSaKenl
Hmm, i dont know which program you used but, i'd suggest you "THE GIMP" it is a linux image editor, and there's a version for windows, its free, good and easy to use ^^
fribee
I would suggest ACDsee 7.0, its also very easy and
still compulsory.

Its a good start for the use of Photoshop later, the logic
in it is similar.

Have fun.

Fribee
megafx
yeah deffonatly, photoshop is the best and pretty easy to get to grips with after a while
grab the free trial here

http://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/win/cs2/Photoshop_CS2_tryout.zip
f.e.m
Photoshop is a little bit advanced. Maybe you want to try out GIMP?? It's simple and effective yet still have many features but of course, less than Photoshop. Besides, its layout is similar to Photoshop too, when you're familiar with GIMP you can easily move on to PS with no problems Very Happy
phinguyen
photoshop too advanced? maybe you should try paint shop pro or like everyone else says the gimp
mOrpheuS
lurch003 wrote:
Hi

I've used a program a few years ago that helped you cut around images (heads, taking people from backgrounds etc) and place into new backgrounds but the hard drive went wrong and lost it.

I can' remember what it was called though I'm sure it was a microsft program and I keep trying to find it but can't.

I've looked at photoshop but its a bit advanced for what I'm looking for

HELP!!!!

Perhaps you're referring to Microsoft Photo Editor that used to be a part of MS Office 97
That product has been discontinued, and is not available in the newer office systems.

However, there's a new advanced image editing product that's Microsoft has come up with - Expression.
The beta is available for free trial - http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/graphic_designer/gd_free_trial.aspx

For basic image editing tasks that you are looking for, something like Paint.Net or Gimp or Photoplus should be good enough. (All are free Wink )