FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nice font for Designer

namneu
If u r a designer , u should use nice font for your graphic .
U can go here :

http://www.dafont.com/en/
http://www.1001fonts.com

to download many nice font .
Have fun !
Dor-S
Thankes, i know this webs
maxstro
http://www.fontgarden.net/
free font site
Anderman
Thanks for the links ;D
I have 1001fonts before
blackant
Anderman wrote:
Thanks for the links ;D
I have 1001fonts before

wa.. would it take up memory and slow down your pc?
theo
cool sites
Thanks for telling us
-=Dark Boo=-
I know that sites, but thanks. Smile
Grimboy
blackant wrote:
wa.. would it take up memory and slow down your pc?

Depends on the program, if the program scans the font directory each time then your on to a loser, but if it caches them and looks for more at each startup (ala flash) then you'll be ok. Basically, it will work ok with well designed, robust software (adobe, macromedia) but slow down others to a halt (word).
polarBear
You could also go for the pro option and get a font manager, and then the software manages your fonts and activates/deactivates them by your choice; that way you could have several DVD's of fonts (that is possible, believe me) and only use those you NEED, by the time you NEED TO, then deactivate them, and nothing slows down or anything.
post-gazette
I knew 1001fonts, it seems almost everyone knows that. I didn't know fontgarden and dafont. I think that each have there advantages and disadvantages. dafont is easiest to use because it sorted into categories, but it has a way narrower selection of fonts than fontgarden.
windval
thx for sharing
these websites are great
how can you find them?
samvig
Nice sites...
but quite well known...
try for some sites which are not so common ...
polarBear
here is the only place where I found the classic types, like baskerville, caslon, futura, bodoni, and also many of the new-fashion-faces like all the pixelfonts possible, scripts, several good medieval gothics, and more similar stuff:
Fonts.goldenweb.it

The only issue I found is that it freakin requests you to visit his sponsor, and that can be annoying (it pops an alert with the message, and when you're looking for a 25 fonts set it can turn out quite disturbing).
zdzichu2005
sites are great but fonts very simmilar. Do you know any aplication to create my own fonts. I wana have individual fonts Wink
polarBear
if you feel proud enough of your vector imaging, then try fontographer; it's the most frequent choice.
.edit. did you ever think that it could be for a reason, like legibility and usability standards? Or the fact that original 'fonts' were typefaces carved on lead blocks? Again, if you feel proud of your vector imaging skills, then give it a try... maybe you could get some advice with that looking for famous typographs in google.edit.
zdzichu2005
I dont think I can became the famous designer but my skill isnt bad. I know all standards and If I`ll get aplication to create my own fonts Ill leard the standards of font designing. Ewerything is possible to learn.
Second thing is that I really need avaliblity to create fonts. Im graphic designer and free sample fonts on the commercial image looks... you know how.
polarBear
I wasn't saying you can't, I just said that you have to feel confident on the vector skills, because apps like fontographer are vectorial, and then if you don't feel comfy with that, it can be a pain in the arse.
sevenos
1001fonts is fine, many updates but not enough diffrent goodiez, all similar :/ I'll check others now
supjapscrapper
hey buddies!
I just landed on here accidentally and discovered a lot of things.
I've always wanted to create my own fonts and I'll be trying it believe me!
Oh and thanks for sharing the website as well!
Tieskevo
i use these fonts:

04b_09
and
Shadow of Xizor
webapp
Thanks a lot.....its a lot to use....

By the way which Software do u guys use to create pics..?
polarBear
whichever floats my boat... I've even designed app. interfaces in MSPaint. The question is not what you use, but what do you need to make it happen.
Tieskevo
i always use photoshop, some ppl use paint shop pro. but photoshop is expensive.. so if you want to keep it legal and you dont want to pay too much.. i recommend "The GIMP", because its free...

but i think photoshop is the best programm
vadbe2l
Thanks man!
i will use...
BaZaY
Thank you... Smile
BaZaY
Thank you... Smile
Tieskevo
your welcome Very Happy