FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Composite Video to SoundCard Line-In???

squirrelmaster
is is possible by using a RCA Video to 3.5mm audio jack connected to line-in on my computer to get the video on my computer?
Is there some program out there to decode the video signal from the audio??

If you know anything PLEASE reply, telling me to buy a video-in card DONT reply, it's not for saving money just a project i have started!!
psycosquirrel
The jack you are referring to is not an audio jack, there is a special RCA 3.5mm jack that has four connectors. But, you can never import video throuh a sound card. You need a capture card (sorry, had to say it...)
NGRU-Kamikazie
He said it, there is a special jack for it, and the jist of the matter is is that audio data and video data are 2 totally different theings. Its like expecting to get sprite from a carton of orange juice, it just wont happen uless you can overwrite software and alot of bios, and even then it still might not work depending on hwo your computer handels the data processes it and then simply exports it out fo the jack.
Nyizsa
The other guys are right: it is not possible. Why? To put it simple: bandwidth.
Bandwidth of the sound cards is 20 kHz or less. You will never capture a 6,5 MHz signal with it.
squirrelmaster
Nyizsa wrote:
The other guys are right: it is not possible. Why? To put it simple: bandwidth.
Bandwidth of the sound cards is 20 kHz or less. You will never capture a 6,5 MHz signal with it.

Oh well, i just had that crazy idea and went with it Wink
too bad it can't work

-----------
Can a MOD close this topic, I got my answer
Xeniczone
Are you talking about the white and red audio cables used in dvd players and playstations etc.

If you are then yes. I even have an adaptor that came with my ATI tv card.
Nyizsa
Xeniczone wrote:
Are you talking about the white and red audio cables used in dvd players and playstations etc.

If you are then yes. I even have an adaptor that came with my ATI tv card.

No, you are talking about audio, certainly he can capture that. But he wanted to capture video. (The yellow one.) And that is not possible.
squirrelmaster
yeah, I wanted to use that cable Xeniczone was talking about but instead plug one into the yellow, and try to decode it.

But as the others pointed out I can't do that with a soundcard, it decodes the audio signal on a smaller frequency, and i guess all i actually recieved was only part of the signal, too tiny of a part to be of any use for a picture.

what i will end up doing is usb-2-rca cable like here, eventually Wink

anyway, THIS TOPIC IS SOLVED.