FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Something Happened...

krazycapital
Okay: I'm trying to set up a home webserver so I can test my PHP scripts and stuff like that. It all worked fine. I went to try to install ActivePerl, and I messed it up so I uninstalled it. Since then, I haven't been able to access some of my favorite sites! My computer is running slower... and some things are going weird. Can anyone explain this to me or tell me how to fix?
Zach
Comp info:
http://zach.frih.net/comp.txt

PS: I've run so many virus, spyware, and adware scans I don't remember the number.
SpellcasterDX
Perhaps your computer now has a bunch of useless applications on it. Try defragging it.

And if that doesn't work:
1. Save all the files you want to keep from your computer on to a CD or DVD.
2. Then uninstall Windows.
3. Then reinstall Windows.

That should work since you just deleted everything. So your computer should be good as new. Smile
krazycapital
I know about reformatting, but I just did that not long ago so I don't want to do it again so soon. Expecially since my poor hardrive once got reformatted three times in one night. Razz Also, I have soooooooo many files it'd take 2 dvd's...
selim06
krazycapital wrote:
Okay: I'm trying to set up a home webserver so I can test my PHP scripts and stuff like that. It all worked fine. I went to try to install ActivePerl, and I messed it up so I uninstalled it. Since then, I haven't been able to access some of my favorite sites! My computer is running slower... and some things are going weird. Can anyone explain this to me or tell me how to fix?
Zach
Comp info:
http://zach.frih.net/comp.txt

PS: I've run so many virus, spyware, and adware scans I don't remember the number.

Just clean up the registries...It may help you...
krazycapital
How do I do that?
selim06
krazycapital wrote:
How do I do that?

You can find many of prgrams for it.if you can't just tell there so i will explain how to do that manually...
krazycapital
I found one, it cleared a ton of stuff. But it didn't help. Any other ideas?

EDIT: I figured out what it was... But the registry thing definitely helped!
Thansk!
phx777
best web server distribution for testing php localy etc i know is www.xampp.org (apache friends) i heavly recommend it for personal use (even good for hosting if you dont need high security Razz (as long as its for one user and not commercial its great, for commercial purpuses it needs some reconfiguration, plus its better to install apache normaly if you install in on linux in case you plan to add stuff like cpanels etc)