You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Several Website issues.

I am in the process of building a website for my grandmother, and I have hosted it at frihost. The address is if you want to take a look. I am having several issues with setting up the site, detailed below:

When the site was hosted at frihost only, occasionally it would become unavailable, and this became rather frustrating. I tried to host it somewhere else, but there there were also times of unavailable-ness. So, I mirrored the site onto both places, and made the address point to the nameservers of both the frih hosting service and the other one. Does this make sense/would this make a difference?

When my grandmother tries to view the stie from her home computer, she can nearly never get it to show up, either at all or properly, when she is able to get to other internet sites without a problem. Any ideas why?

Thanks for all responses.
Well I highly doubt it has something to do with the servers in this case, if you are experiencing problems with both the hosting accounts.

Of course if you are able to set something up that your website is hosted on 2 different hosting accounts and that the one that is working, is being used, then yes that's a good idea. However, this will be quite hard if your website is using a database. If it doesn't, then sure go ahead if you know how to do it. It's not a bad idea.
If you're able to keep both sites up-to-date (and if your site is a simple one with no database), then yes, it's a good idea to have a mirror site.

When the site was hosted at frihost only, occasionally it would become unavailable, and this became rather frustrating

Could you access the site at all? Did the page load, but no pictures? Did you get an error (if any)?