FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do you know if its love?

Nisk
Well i ve had loads of different relationships with girls: friends, best friends, almost like sisters and girlfriends. But the question i want to ask is this: How can u tell what ur feelings for the particular girl are?
And this one: How can u get close to a girl?
I've had a brilliant conversation with dis girl i like. She has a boyfriend, but i realy like her an i think she likes me. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!plz
jaysen
Thats probably the toughest question there is to ask, because everyone has a different definition of love. For me, i don't think it's possible to love someone until you know almost everything about them... up until then it's simply lust, or puppy love as they say. Once you know all the bad points of a person, if you still want nothing more than to be with them, then i think thats real love kicking in. My present girlfriend and i have been together (off and on) for over 4 years now, and I could probably write a book on all the things that hurt me and that i dislike about her... but when i sit down and think about it, i have to accept her faults just as much as i accept all the wonderful things i love about her, and I'm still willing to be by her side as long as she's willing to do the same with me. We are planning on getting married although we havn't set a date yet.

As far as getting close to her, all i can suggest is to give her reasons to hang around... i'm not sure what she's into, but be yourself, and have fun with her. if she really does like you she will come around more often if you give her the opportunity to...
Sabz
I know I'm in love when suddenly I am in a room with 50 other guys who all seem like the PERFECT guy for me, and I am not even remotely interested in any of them. My eyes can only see the one guy I'm in love with. When it gets to that stage I realise I have no choice but to do all I can to make that relationship work, there is no turning back! Razz Rolling Eyes
wowz
lust, love and infactuation

well first it's almost always lust, or love for something else about them - money, sense or humor, etc

infactionation - your first love is almost always infactuation. and chances are, you will be infactuated more than once in your life...

don't be blinded by love

yes, yes, love does blind us - the chemicals in our brain reduce our social judgement capabilities.
but that's the problem with love.

remember - you can't love someone you don't know!
and you can't know someone you don't love

if all you ever do is talk good about them, if you love everything about them - it's not love, it's infactuation
if all you ever do is complain about them, if you hate everything about them - it's not love, it's infactuation
if you always talk about them, it's not love, it's infactuation
if you never talk about them, it's not love, it's just something to do til you find someone you love
when they are your best friend. when you are comfortable with them in every situation. when you have no secrets. when you can be yourself and they can be their selves. when you can unconditionally trust them. when nothing you do infront of them embarasses you... that's probably love.
Edmonds
All I can tell you my friend is that love can hurt, and love can heal, But unless you go after it you'll never know either.

As a child I read a poem that always stuck with me

If love becons you follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep.
And when his wings unfold to you yield to him,
though the sword hidden among his arrows may wound you.
And when he speaks to you believe in him,
Though his voice my shatter your dreams, as the north wind lays waste the gardens.

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you.
Even as he is there for your growth, so is he there for your pruning.
Even as he ascends to your height and carresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
So shall he decend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
It plucks you from yourself
It frees you from your husk
It grinds you into whiteness
It kneads you untill you are soft
And then it takes you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread, for the gods sacred feast.

All these things shall Love undo to you so that you may know the secrets of your own heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of lifes heart.

But if in your fear you would seek only loves peace and loves pleasure,
then it is better for you to pass from Loves threshing floor,
Into a seasonless world where you will laugh, but not all your laughter
and weep, but not all your tears.............

It goes on for another 5 or six verses but the message is if you are afraid of the bad things that can come with love...you'll never know the good ones.

Hope it helps.
Srs2388
this will be the least likely to be your favorite answer
but, when it is love you will know it
no questions to ask
the post like
Quote:
when they are your best friend. when you are comfortable with them in every situation. when you have no secrets. when you can be yourself and they can be their selves. when you can unconditionally trust them. when nothing you do infront of them embarasses you... that's probably love.

post like this above ^^ are really good also they are true as the
you will know post i just made.[/quote]
altikris
Its love when you can not get enough of that person. There are people that you could spend time with but need time away from. When you can spend all of your time with that person, and it seems as if you two are kindred souls, sharing the same time and experiences and you are perfectly happy to do so. When its love, you feel as if every moment counts, and you want to be the best possible person to them as you can be. Love.
cath_welch
I am in love. Love is when you get this feeling inside of you when u know that he is the right person. Its when the person can make you smile without even saying a thing. Its feeling secure with someone. Its knowing that you would trust the person with all your heart.
jenss
cath_welch wrote:
I am in love. Love is when you get this feeling inside of you when u know that he is the right person. Its when the person can make you smile without even saying a thing. Its feeling secure with someone. Its knowing that you would trust the person with all your heart.

Which of the two guys you said you are in love with in the other post would this be?
Starrfoxx
Don't confuse true love with infatuation. True love means that you would do anything for that person and love them unconditionally, through thick and thin. Even when times are tough, you love them deeply because they are the best friend you could ever have.

That's true love. It's how my wife and I feel about each other, and we've celebrated a fun 7 years so far and still love each other as much as when we were first dating.
RosenCruz
i think everyone feels different about love...or feeling that she/he is the one...of course there are common ways like butterflies on stomach or so.... Arrow
Bikerman
The best way to avoid butterflies in the stomach is to avoid eating caterpillars.

The simple answer is that there is no answer. Infatuation produces physiological effects and may, or may not, lead to long term 'love'. Trying to define love is something that has eluded scientists, poets and philosophers for millennia. Some people will say 'you will just know'. I don't subscribe to that myself - I know that you can be instantly attracted to a person, but whether that will develop into a long term relationship is uncertain.

The best bet is to get to know someone who you find attractive. If you can live with them and their little foibles (and, believe me, everyone has their annoying habits) then you have a chance of developing a long term relationship. You can call that love.
Battle_Off
Sabz wrote:
I know I'm in love when suddenly I am in a room with 50 other guys who all seem like the PERFECT guy for me, and I am not even remotely interested in any of them. My eyes can only see the one guy I'm in love with. When it gets to that stage I realise I have no choice but to do all I can to make that relationship work, there is no turning back! Razz Rolling Eyes

I agree, except... girls.

I go to a... sort of a club type thing, and there are plenty of hot chicks around, but if my girlfriend isn't there, I wont be as happy...

So I guess I'm saying that her face is the face that lights up the room, for me.
chatrack
I think every one has such an experience, even a little bit of it.

you MEN get more charmy and smooth in their behaviour
You GIRLS get more more beautiful .. when you are in love
afreedi
Depending on context, love can be of different varieties. Romantic love is a deep, intense and unending. It shared on a very intimate and interpersonal and sexual relationship. The term Platonic love, familial love and religious love are also matter of great affection. It is more of desire, preference and feelings. The meaning of love will change with each different relationship and depends more on its concept of depth, versatility, and complexity. But at times the very existence of love is questioned. Some say it is false and meaningless.
venometal
if that girl becomes all ur dreams n nightmares, if u see her face with every single detail everywhere 24 / 7, that means u r in love. amazing thing is, when u fall in love with a girl, u just remember that moment. i mean u dream of her with the clothes n that hair when u saw her while u were fallin in love .)) n that moment hasnt be the first time uve ever seen her. u just could fall in love at the second or third sight.
Sphaerenkern
"True" Love is for me when you accept a person with all their mistakes. A relationship can be based on less, though. Wink