FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Advertising Majors

truhill7
Do advertising majors really make alot of money. Our whole society is fueled by advertisements. It's difference between us choosing between coke and pepsi. Now the companies pay for this advertising. Actually they pay alot for advertising. They are always coming up with new commercials and billboards. So if I majored in advertising, would I be making as much money as the engineers and as the business suits? Cool

Let me hear all the opinions and all thoughts. Thanks.
evilryu530
well you can't really compare advertising associates and engineers directly. Engineers, wheather mechanical, bio, or civil, etc. will always be wanted everywhere. they will always have good salaries and benefits and you are pretty much guranteed a job (as long as you play your cards right). advertising majors have it a little harder. If you are one of the few who are very creative and talented, know the right people, and are ambitious enough, you can work for a big advertising firm and design cool advertisements. On the sales side, you can be an associate and basically push papers and cater to big clients such as pepsi and coke like you mention before. And then there are the people who cant really find jobs. they end up selling ads for the local magazine, newspaper, etc. so it's broad, really look into where you want to be, those big time ad people are usually in NY, SF, or LA so plan on moving there if you're not there already.