FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do electric cars have a future?

marques1975
With todays high prices of fuel, will the electrical cars have a future in the next years?
I think they do, but only if they are associated with another motor. I dont think an isolated electrical motor will ever be the solution, because there is the need to produce electricity from oil/ nuclear or coal.
The hydrogen will be the future, because of its efficiency. But it can be optimized with an electrical motor, for better consuming and ecological performance.
Thats why I think best way is this hybrid: hydrogen + electrical.

Oscar
SpellcasterDX
Actually, I think scientists are leaning more towards Hydrogen-powered cars. I saw it on the news the other day. Hydrogen cars would use well, hydrogen obviously as their fuel. The exhaust would be water, so Hydrogen cars would benefit the environment. They wouldn't pollute the enviornment with smoke or any of those other nasty chemicals. I think electric cars would be too expensive to manufacture anyway. Even though Hydro cars will be quite expensive too.
Archetype
After seeing this thing, it can really show that performance can be added to an electric car. This thing is nuts, I mean, it it beat out a Porsche Carrera GT, and a Ferrari 360 Spider in the 1/4 mile.

Check out the video
CrookedBlaze
My uncle is making fuel injection systems for hydrogen cars. He's an engineer and working on that.

I definitly think we'll need tocome up with something...because we only have enough oil to last the world 60 something years. (I don't know if that's including the oil reserves in Alaska...)

So, basically, we're screwed.

The Prius and other hybrids intoduce a great idea an exellect fuel efficancy, but they are new and there can still be some changes made.

Smile
tomahawk19
Archetype wrote:
After seeing this thing, it can really show that performance can be added to an electric car. This thing is nuts, I mean, it it beat out a Porsche Carrera GT, and a Ferrari 360 Spider in the 1/4 mile.

Check out the video

They modified an ariel atom. I don't know how they are going to make that legal to sell, unless they get the rights from Ariel. The ariel atom has a supercharged 4 cylinder (I think out of a civic type r if I'm not mistaken...but I was reading somewhere about them wanting to change to a supercharged or turbocharged mazda engine). The ariel atom only ways like 1000 lbs. So obvioiusly it has a much higher power to weight ratio, but you don't get any creature comforts and maybe one square foot of storage in the front cover.