FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does anyone play "The Sims2"

sakura168
i love playing "the sim2"....it is very fun
just wondering did anyone like to play that game and have any hints or tips

thanks you
killerdevil
i played sims2 2-3 months ago,but i dont play now.

its good game yes.
SoljaProductioNZ
not on pc but played the sims on my gx15 cellphone was quite fun
selim06
Yeah i played it my sister may be the biggest fun of Sims...And try Nightlife,Business etc...(i mean packages of Sims 2)
djsamsung
yesh....played it and love it. I uninstalled it a few months ago. Tried to play it again with new expansions but my original Sims2 just wont install!

tips...don't get too much sim in ur house...it's very hard to control them. HEHE
Bourgondier
I really hate the sims. Better give me a good shooter, like Battlefield 2.
roadruner
i only played sims 1 for some time but got kinda sick of it Razz
i prefer a good strategy over sims any time Very Happy
but if people like playing it and are willing to pay a whole damn lot of money for all the add-ons that come on the market like crazy, let them Wink
meb09
i played it but it is getting boring
alkady
I bought it, I played it and I got sick of it. I think I'm better off running my own life than some virtual character. The game was fun when it lasted but its a simulation with no storyline so you can imagine how fast many will get bored.
ltbennett
love sims 2 got all the expations i know no tips tho look on the internet for them
Rebzie
i have the sims 2 i wasn't too impressed by the expansions though i liked the expasions on the original sims better like hot date was way better that sims nightlife imo my favourite sims expansion pack was makin magic.
amusic
I like to play the sims as well but felt boring after playing for a few weeks. Confused
Aless
Has anyone played Sims2 for NDS or PS2? I loved the original Sims, but I never got around to buying Sims2 for PC. Now I'm looking to expand my console game repetoire & this is a well-priced game. How good is it?
angelussum
I like sims a lot, sims 2 is pretty good.

Tips? Hmm, I don't think this is one of those games where it's possible to give them. Everyone has their own style of playing and how they like to see their people develop!
smithycpl
I am a creator of custom content for the game so i guess you could say i love the game.
I create many new things for the game: objects, hacks, clothes, houses, etc.
Most of my content is at ModTheSims2.com, but i recentely also create for a urban clothes website at designersims.net
Now i want to create a site via frihost with my own custom content.
I hope they accept me and i hope i can provide all the bored players here a bit of new thingy's to play with.

smithycpl
pokethamage
sims 2 is nice. much nicer than sims 1 in that you can create a unique sim. the expansions are quite nice too. i really like nightlife+open for business combo.
garionw
I have it, but am tired of it now. When I first got it I really enjoyed it but now its just getting boring. I mean, theres no real goal to the game. Just make more money, have more children. What would make the games better would be like a challenge mode where you need to get them all happy before they die or something and keep having harder levels.
smithycpl
garionw wrote:
I mean, theres no real goal to the game. Just make more money, have more children.

Maybe it is to realistic for you!
It is a game about life, so i guess that is the purpose of this game also!

smithycpl
soldeinvierno
Sorry but I find the game too boring... But the next game from Will Wright (Spore) is goint to rock!!!
Josso
Played the first one but wasn't massively impressed with it or anything. Fun game (apparently the second one is a lot better but I could never be bothered to buy it).
Shuragawa
i play it when i have nothing to do then i get hooked on it for hours and hours.When i start i just cant stop sometimes.i mostly love making up my sims and making my own houses.
redyns3535
i like it
angelussum
smithycpl wrote:
garionw wrote:
I mean, theres no real goal to the game. Just make more money, have more children.

Maybe it is to realistic for you!
It is a game about life, so i guess that is the purpose of this game also!

smithycpl

lol, I found this to be incredibly ironic.

game is too boring.
game is reflection of real life.
real life is too boring.

when it gets down to the nitty gritty, the point of life is really to survive (by making money) and proliferate (by having children).
guissmo
Gah. Playing Sims 2 is fun. But the installation is BOOORING. Four CD's? What the...? Well, anyway, it's waay much better then Sims (1). But I got tired of it and had to reformat and didn't realize I lost CD#1 (but 2 - 4 is still with me) and I'm too lazy to buy another as it's school time today.
pokethamage
lmao installation is not meant to be entertaining dude...you gotta endure the pain before you can relax...lol but yeah...4 CDs mean that they're just waiting to be lost and make you buy another copy, thereby making more profits for the company...unless you get the DVD version anyways...
CMA
My little sister happens to be addicted to the game, so I have it and all the expansions on my PC. Myself, I only play it for a couple of days after something new (like an expansion) is released, just to try it out. Then I get bored.

It's a time-consuming game with no real goal (like it was said before). I prefer faster-paced games, or otherwise games with some sort of action.
Theopolo
CMA wrote:
My little sister happens to be addicted to the game, so I have it and all the expansions on my PC. Myself, I only play it for a couple of days after something new (like an expansion) is released, just to try it out. Then I get bored.

It's a time-consuming game with no real goal (like it was said before). I prefer faster-paced games, or otherwise games with some sort of action.

It is very addicting game. I play it every day 2-10 hours. I have all ep's. I'm waiting now Pet-ep.
Kamu8recon
i played it for less than a day. Its the same as the previous sims. not much has really changed. you get your character, go to work, pay bills and make friends. i wish they could put something else in their. like the others said earlier the game is boring.
rayx
I also playing THE SIMS 2 at beginning when my interest is high but now I feel that it is boring game. Maybe because it has no exact goal that is why this type of game has a short life time.
i-morgan
I have 'The Sims 2' but I don't play it that much because it lags just enough to drive me crazy. So I'm saving up for some more memory for my computer. : D

There are so many fun things to do on 'The Sims'
A few of my favorites are:

1. Inviting people over for a party, removing a door, and setting it on fire. (I'm sooo horrible. lol)

2. Creating a character and making him/her the ultimate pimp and make everyone fall in love with him/her. XD
Sabrina
I did try the game. It took a lot of space in my C drive and it was really slow (to load) so I had to take it off. I like the simplicity of SIMS (1), I have all the extension packs so I just stick to that. Maybe I'll try SIMS 2 again some day when I have more time. I really want to try Singles 2 though. Can't find the English version where I am right now. Confused
nanaya
i heard that game but i never play it because my computer cannot play,can someone told me why
moonblade
Oh yes. Played it and loved it.

So many nice details in it. They talk about eachother behind eachothers backs for one. Had a character once who i played to the top of the career ladder to become mayor. Had to have a lot of friends so he just kept having girls over with wich he "Whohooed" Razz.

Went pretty good until he decided to have them all over to a party. THen one of the girls decided to kiss him. Yeagh!. They both got slapped around for a loooong time and mass fights broke out. Ive never laughed that much over a game. Good thing you can quit and restart at last save Razz.

Never got any of the expansions though. Great game but im not completely hooked by it.

Have a friend whos char got abducted by aliens though. My wife started playing it again and keep star gazing to make it happen but i dont think shes had much luck yet.
smithycpl
i-morgan wrote:
I have 'The Sims 2' but I don't play it that much because it lags just enough to drive me crazy. So I'm saving up for some more memory for my computer. : D

There are so many fun things to do on 'The Sims'
A few of my favorites are:

1. Inviting people over for a party, removing a door, and setting it on fire. (I'm sooo horrible. lol)

2. Creating a character and making him/her the ultimate pimp and make everyone fall in love with him/her. XD

I bet you also like to see them swim and take away the ladder! Laughing
molif
used to play it.. FUN at 1st.. but got bored sooner or later.. i love to flirt around.. and WOO HOO..haha..
m_furquan36
Been playing sims since the first series came out....and love what they have done with the sims 2...the expansion packs are great fun to play plus all the cool new features are fun as well....gotta love the game Smile
mikajoh
Well, It was fun the first months, but it fast became more and more boring.
After I kind of "completed" the game, I manage to rais several families, built the huge houses and stuff.

So now its no more challenge in the game. I guess thats why i got bored so fast.
Hanpusu-kun
I never liked the sequel of The Sims, because it changed pretty much everything =/
Still, its a good game, but not my type of game
xeszline
Playing The Sims requires imagination. Without it, or without a creativity to create your own storyline the game gets boring fast. But not if you always have stories to play in your mind. Goals to achieve. I'm not the one that plays game with violence in it, i mean like shooting/ war.. I know it's interesting, but TS2 is very fun if you really know how to play it.

I guess it all depends to who play it.
graeinler
I love the game! My gf loves it too. I love the graphics on it and the gameplay is pretty easy once you get the hang out of it. Pretty nice game to keep whenever you get tired of all the FPS / RPG games once in a while. I definitely recommend it. *wink*

:: graeinler Manslayer RutterKiN
Magicman
I play the Sims 2 every once in a while. Its a good game with only a few restrictions like when my newly aged adult can't marry his teenage townie girlfriend because she wont grow up (but cheating a little helps that Wink ) .
darkhallow
hey.
I played "Sims 2" before. it took whole the time to control the game. I dont realy like the simulated game.
pokethamage
sigh...it lags like crap...someone said it should be renamed "The Lag 2" and I agree...how'd u guys manage to play it with all that lag?!

My Specs (which are WAY WAY higher than the minimun requirements):
1 Gig RAM
3.2 Ghz CPU
256 MB ATi Radeon X1300 Pro
56 GB Free Hard Disk Space

Minimum Requirements (So you can compare my specs with it. Gotten from Wikipedia):
Windows XP, 2000, ME or 98: 256MB RAM, 800MHz CPU, 32MB T&L Graphics Card, 3GB hard drive space, speakers and Internet access recommended

My Page File is like 2 GB big and only ~400 MB of it is currently used. I just dont get it....even if i turn all the details to the lowest setting it STILL lags...
Raijenki
I enjoyed too much that...
I created a man and a woman and haved a lot of fun with they...
I like The Sims because it's show a little part of the Real Life...
prototype_angel
yeah, i play sims2, just that i play it for fun. i like making life miserable for everyone. hehe. evil evil me
Evgenia
Yeah...i like playin' it!!!
I bought Sims 2 last summer, but still play in it from time to time, when i've free time and want:) Now i prefer not to play but to buld different places, cities, houses inside game.
It's a cool endless game!Smile

do u have addons for Sims2 (like Sims Night Life, Sims University and so on)? And do you use cheat codes?
Evgenia
Magicman wrote:
I play the Sims 2 every once in a while. Its a good game with only a few restrictions like when my newly aged adult can't marry his teenage townie girlfriend because she wont grow up (but cheating a little helps that Wink ) .

hmm..i had the same problem with my sims..
can u help me with cheat code?
datter
I have it, but rarely play it. Partly because I find it a bit boring but more because despite being boring, it's strangely addictive. Smile
Nameless
I play the Sims 2... but I only own a copy for the Gamecube. It's not as good as the PC version (biggest annoyance is the fire limit... so you're limited to fairly small houses. Confused ) but Story Mode is reasonably fun. It gets fairly repetitious, but still strangely addictive (although, I have a theory about that Wink )... although I don't play it too much anymore.