FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I wish to be a student in the art of being a teacher's pet

Would you be a teacher's pet so you get favored?
YAH!!!!
64%
 64%  [ 18 ]
Nah, my friends wouldn't like me...
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 28

TheDarkLord
Ya all hate em. Yeah, teacher's pets. Im a bit of one. But when a real teacher's pet is against me, the teacher's on the pet's side.
So my reason for posting is that I want to become a supreme teacher's pet. Can you guys give me any tips or some links to some websites that will teach me? Thanks, me. Razz
TheDarkLord
omg its been hours and still no replies!!!!!!! argh!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
lpclimber
I don't think it is a good thing!
Be independent,be yourself!
TeenZine
I am a teachers pet so far i got.
Arrow Extensions on homework
Arrow Give a kid who was buggin me a referal to the princeable
Arrow More which im to lazy to right.
sky
I hate teachers pet myself, never like them.. But being one would be cool Very Happy
They have all the advantages in class..
TeenZine
I know im as i mention befor a teachers pet in my computer class and was the first one to get games on the computer. For use in my free time since i can type pretty fast.
n0obie4life
I was the super professional at it.

- Volunteer for EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING that your teacher asks you to do so.
- Hand up your homework punctually.
- Screw up on your homework (certain chapters), then just ask him/her for help every now and then (like after school, go look for her/him)
alkady
I know how you feel, The teachers always treat them better than the rest. There this one girl who sucks up to the teacher all the time. She volunteers for everything the teacher needs help it, Either bring the recycling bin to the recycling room or washing the board. I don't know what she gains by being a suck up but could someone explain the benefits?
quixotic
alkady wrote:
I know how you feel, The teachers always treat them better than the rest. There this one girl who sucks up to the teacher all the time. She volunteers for everything the teacher needs help it, Either bring the recycling bin to the recycling room or washing the board. I don't know what she gains by being a suck up but could someone explain the benefits?

Extensions on homework, less chance of getting in trouble when you do something wrong, possible gifts, and overall, a REALLY easy ride through school, because the teachers are all on your side.

I stopped being a teacher's pet in 3rd grade. My grades dropped about then and my mental problems started, so it was hard for me to get work done, plus my teacher was a REAL bitch. No one liked her, and to this day people I still talk to from 4th grade say "Man, she should have gotten fired for the way she treated you".

I only made it through 4th grade because of my 3rd grade teacher. ^^; She'd let me come have lunch in her room, and she took me bowling on weekends.
[FuN]goku
nah alot of my teachers are dumb
curnow
at my school we're pretty much equal with the teachers. we're most of their friends here a link to my favourite teachers myspace for an example http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=61670664
haris3
I wouldn't mind being a teacher's helper. It has many advantages;
better grade,
easier assignments,
come to class late or leave early,
if the teacher is hot, get other advantages. Twisted Evil
you don't have to act like a loser if you are a teacher's pet or helper, you can prob. get make more friends that way. give them cheat sheets.

I wouldn't mind.
coolclay
Well since I am a pro at being teachers pet. I can offer some tips, like someone else said the biggest thing is to volunteer for everything the teacher asks, even if you don't know the answer it will show the teacher that you at least care and are trying. Make sure to have after class, or after school contact with the teacher, it shows you really care. Call them by there first name when you get comfortable with them, they will then see you more as a friend then a student. There are many other things as well but you'll have to discover them on your own, I can't give you all the secrets!
meet in rio
I've only ever achieved this via the 'loveable eccentric' route, which tends to work better for the Arts subjects than the Sciences.

I wasn't popular with Chemistry/Biology/Math teachers but Design/English Lit./French loved me, man... despite being notoriously "ahem... concise", handing a lot of work in very late and barely talking in class.

Write essays from interesting angles to give the techer a break from the usual 30-odd identical 1000-worders and smile like a three-year-old at all times.

Doing your work well usually helps a bit. Laughing
haris3
I agree that people do get along better with art teachers and than subjects, but only if you are an Art Student. I dono i guess it's just a thing that come with being an Artist.
izcool
I think I was a bit of a teacher's pet for the past year and a half.

For the entire year last year, I was sucking up to my Earth Science teacher by helping him set up his laptop computer before school starts, because we used it a lot to watch DVD's of what we're learning about and doing research on the Internet when students are watching. He was always busy doing other things in the class, so I got out of doing the "Question of the day" that was on the board, as I was always up in the front of the room on his stool waiting for his laptop to boot.

Anyway, for the past year and a half, I was a Library Aide. Not sure if I'm going to go and do it next year since I think my schedule is going to be full. It's really easy (you have to be dumb not to know how to organize books by the call numbers) and do simple computer operations with checking in and out books on the circulation desk computer. The Dewey Decimal system isn't hard (easy to remember by each 100), and it's not hard to find books when told to do so. Most of the time I'm sitting around reading a book behind the circulation desk computer waiting to see if anyone needs anything. It's supposed to be put onto my permanent record saying that I done volunteer work for the school (library aide) and it's supposed to be sent to the college and help me out.

Trust me, it's not all bad. Whatever people say about you being a "teacher's pet" is just words in one ear and out the other. You're benefitting from it in the longrun.

- Mike.
Underlined
Well the good news is if you deliver you can talk all you want and the teachers don't say anything to you, it's great!
KernEnergie
I've never been a teacher's pet. I think most of the teachers I had or have liked me because I was/am a good student, serious and sometimes funny. But I've never gone too far with them.
Vashni
i hate pets/favorites, so why would i want to be one. They're so stupid and then get treated way betyter them anyone else. Most of themend up feeling left out later anyway, so boo to them
Jeslyn
I don't believe you need to suck up to a teacher to become noticed their "favorite", just do the above and beyond on assignments. They'll notice. Especially if you make a habit of it.

I always feel weird if I volunteer for everything, or if I talk to teachers after class, doing this makes it so you stand out but not in a weird creepy way.

One of the main positives of being noticed by a teacher is that if you're teetering on a grade, so two or three points between a B and an A, they'll be more likely to give you that extra help to get you to that A.
whatif
I sometimes wonder what the teachers think of the sucker-uppers. : )
myrevolt
Sometimes teachers think I'm trying to impress them. But I'm not. I tend to talk behind their back calling them the various obscenties that they are. And as for the teachers that aren't pains in my side, my the class tends to be 95% morons, and so after 10 min. of people saying "IDK" or guessing the wrong answer, I get called on, or if I see the teacher wants to kill themselves I'll answer. Rolling Eyes Don't get me wrong though, I don't have a huge ego. I just happen to be the dumbest of the "smart" people at my school. Therefore, I have slowly chosen easier classes: the easier classes boost my GPA. whereas in the advanced classes, I'm a total idiot. borderline sucks.

edit: back to your question:
Raise your hand, look them in the eyes attentively. And when you do answer, make sure you give them the right answer (or the answer they are LOOKING for Rolling Eyes ).

Reminds me of the drama in my spanish class; girl A is the supreme teacher's pet; girl B tries to be the teacher's pet, but often answers incorrectly and does things that annoy the entire class (no particular things come to mind...however, there once was a tally of offenses that we kept track of Evil or Very Mad ) girl C motivated by desire to know the language is second. Oddly enough the teacher seems to pick on (in the bad way) the native speakers and the lazy people in my class equally. I just sit with my head looking down hoping not to get called on Wink

P.S. No one in the class will like you. And your grade shouldn't be affected by sucking up. Most teachers strictly stick to your tests scores and homework.
haris3
Ther think of them as their slaves and if something comes up and they don't want to do it, usually the pet is going to be doing that chore. Arrow

whatif wrote:
animejunkie48
Me and my friend used to be teachers pets. Once you stop, I'll admit you have major advantages over other people. I really wouldn't try to become one though. I mean, its not that bad when you're a little kid but teenagers are horrible with this kind of stuff. It's license for someone to mock you for the rest of your school career. But if you must know, here's what I did:

--Turn in you homework on time. Never try to be late in turning it in.

--Actually PAY ATTENTION in class. I know it's hard but this is a big thing if you want to do this.

--Try to get involved in extra things or volunteer to take charge of a group or something. Just try to go that extra mile.

--Answer a lot of questions in class. This shows the teacher that someones ACTUALLY paying attention to his/her long, boring lectures.

Thats all I can think of. If you try this, things are going to be different when you're around your peers. You've been warned...
asforoneday
I don't think it's worth sucking up to do. I have been the teacher's pet a few times but that's only because I actually -pay attention- (whoa!)
haris3
Being a student aid instead or a teacher's pet is better. You get scoulded less. Student aids just walk around and deliver hall passes and get students from classes. Most of the time you just sit there and do your hw and stuff.

It definetely is better than being a teacher's pet. Very Happy
izcool
haris3 wrote:
Being a student aid instead or a teacher's pet is better. You get scoulded less. Student aids just walk around and deliver hall passes and get students from classes. Most of the time you just sit there and do your hw and stuff.

It definetely is better than being a teacher's pet. Very Happy

Right indeedy. I've mentioned on here before that I was a Library Aide for the past couple of years, and it's unbelievable on the amount of things you can do. Not only can you eat snacks that the librarian brings in, but you can do your homework instead of being an aide for the day (as there are generally several of us there, and one off doesn't much matter). Sometimes you get to go on the internet on the Circ computer (well, when no one is watching, as you're not really supposed to lol). I was sent out a few times to get a few students from classes about having a book for so long and never returning it. One time, the library was closed and we had to be Dean's Aides for the day. That was fun, giving out passes and saying hi to the kids we know and see in those classes. That was different. Well, that's how things are at my school.

- Mike.
chargoyle
Arrow laugh at their crappy jokes
Arrow master the art of pretending to fully pay attention
Arrow go in for "help" and "clarifaction" on assignments
Arrow report cheating/suspicious behavior
Arrow most importantly, in class discussions have a comment that implies you made extra research, this is almost assured to get you teacher's pet status
snowboardude
pay attention no matter what
always put up your hand
never call out
always do your work
enjoy
darvit
whatif wrote:

Back in high school, a teacher confided in me that they do talk about those sucker-upper students and give them code names! Laughing This is especially true with those who blatantly try so hard..

Back in grade school and high school, I've been teacher's pet several times because I've always been class president. That's the easiest way to get popular with the faculty. I don't think that trying to be your teacher's pet is advisable, though. I would recommend that you should just be yourself and have your own opinions, thoughts, and style. Don't try to get noticed. Be a silent leader. Be the class' savior--I seldom participated in trivial recitations and class lectures, but at times when the discussion reached a point wherein nobody could answer the teacher's question, I would raise my hand and answer for the class. Lastly, be true to everyone around you... because teachers know who the phonies are.
haris3
At my school you can be an aid only for two semesters. It should be considered as an elective. That way i could have it for all my electives.

Prob. not gona happen.
haris3
Just wondering, has anybody ever heard of teacher's pet in colleges and universities. I know there are teacher assistants but what bout pets? It be pretty funny though.
karysky
I don't agree with the whole teacher pet thing... people who get used getting everything they want from their teacher will find it quite hard when they start working and can't apply this strategy to their boss.

People shouldn't try to become one's pet to receive advantages. If you want to be nice and volunter for work the teacher gives, you must do it because you truly want to help, not because you wait for something in return.

That's what I think.

Although, if I ever wanted to become a dependant, teacher pet, I'd probably follow all the above tips.
eday2010
I'd only do it if the teacher was a super hot babe who didnt wear panties, and my face was her chair.
haris3
The main reason behind teacher's pet is not just gettin good grades and passes. The only reason i would do it if there was more than just grades. I mean other benefits, if you know what i mean. But i guess that can only happen during the senior year, when everybody is 18. No need to worry about law suits.

Many Benefits. Very Happy
poisonhzkj
lpclimber wrote:

i act like this..
haris3
I agree being independend is a good thing. If every teacher had a teacher's pet, it might one day be a required thing. This will cause teacher
's pay to go down, because they have to do less work. Just a few teachers doing is fine.

When everybody does the same thing it causes wild things to happen.

poisonhzkj wrote:
lpclimber wrote:

i act like this..
haris3
This might be a good place to hide out, but it might get stinky after a while, in case i was tickling her or something. Laughing

eday2010 wrote:
I'd only do it if the teacher was a super hot babe who didnt wear panties, and my face was her chair.
Soulfire
I am a teacher's pet - and I never do it on purpose. I'm a very smart kid, get straight A's with 4.0 GPA. It's sort of a rare thing at my school, so it turns a lot of teacher's heads, and they have me do pretty much everything for them. I do it willingly, because I don't know the outcome of it. I'm not sure if it "gets me good with them." And if I refused to help - would it affect me? I'm not sure.

So, that made a little sense.
haris3
Mixing a 4.0 and a teachers pet is not good. That would defeat the purpose. It might make getting 4.0 a little easier but that's about it. It's not for 4.0 students.

They don't qualify. Sorry.
haris3
haris3 wrote:
Mixing a 4.0 and a teachers pet is not good. That would defeat the purpose. It might make getting 4.0 a little easier but that's about it. It's not for 4.0 students.

They don't qualify. Sorry.
Hammy
I never talked to my teachers Sad so i was never the teachers pet. And i never realy related to people who were the teachers pet.

So it's not a good thing dude lol.

Hammy.
felisleo
kids..don t be a teacher s pet.i was in elementary school.but i gave it up after.it is bad for the provement of independent personality.never allow anyone protect you.protect yourselves.(specially boys).
evilryu530
raisie your hands to answer questions, stay after for help, volunteer to pass our papers, study really hard, clean the chalk board before and after class...whipe and polish their shoes, give them christmas cards, bring them an apple...ask for extra homework...
haris3
Yes it definetly get's you down, you are like their slave. Or it's like a job; you work they give you in return good grades.

Shouldn't be like this, But. and it's a big but.

felisleo wrote:
kids..don t be a teacher s pet.i was in elementary school.but i gave it up after.it is bad for the provement of independent personality.never allow anyone protect you.protect yourselves.(specially boys).
TheDarkLord
kewl i bring back thread after 9 month!!!!!!!!! i cud have had a child by now : )