FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Senior Prank/Vandalism

Donutey
We came into school today and were all put in the gym, after two kids had spray painted, put baby oil on the floors, and eggs all over the school. Personally I think it was stupid... I mean you've got 72 hours to graduation, and there are cameras all over (they've been caught)... not sure if they should be expelled but it just bothers me, the spraypainting went too far...
mschnell
Some pranks are ok, but ones that just lead to a lot of extra work for others definitely aren't. I don't know if it's worth not letting them graduate, but it's still a bad deal.
mathechew
senior pranks are awesome... usually. Sometimes they just go to far. a couple of years ago, someone put motor oil all around the school. not really spread it all over, but made like pools and trails on the perimiter of teh actuall classrooms. sadly, school went on. they just brougth in a hazmed cleanup team and put up bariers around the puddles. not sure if the people got caught...
Hobbit
There's a difference between prank and vandalism. What happened at your school was vandalism, it doesn't look like a prank. Pranks are usually harmless, but still shocking.

My school was spray painted too. Every class has awesome art on the doors. In the beginning of the year they draw it, and it symblizes your class. Anyways, these dumb**** decided to vandalize them, now all the doors are white. Sad
snowboardalliance
Which is why when you do a senoir prank you don't break/ruin anything and don't get caught.
hlavco
Harmless ones are certainly better, and funny, too.

One time, on French Toast day, somebody filled the change slot in the snack machine with syrup. Everybody who went for their change got it all over themselves. The lunch ladies put up a sign over it that said: "CAUTION: Some IDIOT filled the change slot with syrup."

A couple years ago, a big fad that swept the school was "Milk Matters" stickers. (http://www.nichd.nih.gov/milk/milk.cfm) You could get them for free off the site in packs of a hundred or so. Kids were sticking them in any place imaginable. Eventually the website actually ran out, so people started using the Spanish version of the sticker. Checking the site, you can't getv those stickers anymore. Very Happy In my bedroom I have a giant Milk Matters poster, just because.
TeenZine
I couldnt agree more there is toataly a diffrence between vanalism and prank. I dont have any suggestion but this fourm has been fun to read over so thanks whoever made this !
cfackler
So far no one in my class has done anything that I'm aware of. Destruction of property is too much. However, I'm disappointed there has been nothing good to laugh about. I'm faithful, though, that the clowns in my class will cook something up for commencement night.
Hogwarts
When my class went on camp (Couple of days ago) there was a longdrop toilet (A hole in the ground with a toilet over it and some walls around it). Then we dropped some glowsticks down it. It wasn't vandalism but it WAS extremely funny.
Mithrandir
Here's an example of a harmless, yet intensely funny senior prank: The prinicpal of my school drives a brand new Infinity. Its a nice car and he loves it to death. The way he parks at school, it is visible from the road so we put "For Sale" signs on it with his office number and a hefty $1,000 price tag. Man was that great!!
Idoru
Well...

As some of you know, I work as a cleaner at a school. Laughing
Personally I agree with what's been said here, 'cause I don't like extra work.
But as long as it's fun, the kids may roam. They do it anyway, so the best thing
to do is to smile and try to remeber how it was. It's the only way of getting
how it is Laughing

So keep up the pranks! Even if it goes to far sometimes, but when it does, I
belive it should have been stoped earlier. Before the idea went that far Wink
tidruG
When we were in school, we used to have a few minutes of meditation each morning. (It wasn't real meditation... we were just asked to close our eyes, concentrate on our breath, and not make a sound) Naturally, the entire school is dead silent for these few minutes.

It was approaching Diwali time (people generally burst firecrackers during this festival). A couple of days back, the headmistress had made an announcement that anyone caught bringing bombs to school would be suspended for a week. None the less, one perfectly silent morning, during meditation time, the loudest commercial firecracker goes off! The timing was perfect down to the last second. No one was caught Razz

The trick was to wrap the fuse around an incense stick or a mosquito repellent coil, and burn the incense/coil at the other end, leave just enough for the burning part to reach the fuse in a few minutes and go to class before the "official" meditation began Laughing
alkady
This reminds me of a prank that happened last years, The seniors what they did was wet a whole wing with water, This lead the school to believe a pipe was burst or something, But they dismissed everyone because many wings had water. Too bad for the seniors actually got caught in the act when someone snitched on them.
Donutey
hlavco wrote:

A couple years ago, a big fad that swept the school was "Milk Matters" stickers. (http://www.nichd.nih.gov/milk/milk.cfm) You could get them for free off the site in packs of a hundred or so. Kids were sticking them in any place imaginable. Eventually the website actually ran out, so people started using the Spanish version of the sticker. Checking the site, you can't getv those stickers anymore. Very Happy In my bedroom I have a giant Milk Matters poster, just because.

Laughing This kid that worked a burger king got at least three giant boxes of little magnetic stickers advertising a new chicken sandwich. They're still all over everything..
Empire
so in conclusion

Pranks=FUN AND COOL
Vandalisum= Evil or Very Mad

So try all you can to stop vandalisum! If you ever see any action like vandalisum report them immediatly! SO HELP STOP VANDALLISUM TODAY!
R2.DETARD
people have different views on what is vandalism.
if it isn't broken or damaged then it isn't vandalized.
that's my opinion.
jongoldsz
What is the point of damaging your school before you graduate? When your relatives will come to see your graduation, they will think you go to a really bad school.
Donutey
UPDATE

The school decided not to press charges, and allow them to graduate, but they have to pay damages. It's pretty stupid because our school's official policy is that if it breaks the law, you go to court (things like fights etc...) and the State's Attorney was quoted as being kind of mad because the decision not to press charges isn't the schools decision to be made, so idk the state might still press charges.
izcool
Most of what's mentioned on here is just terrible. Just think of what would happen. People would slip and fall on the oil on the floor, and someone might inhale the paint when it gets sprayed. I'm sure that someone's going to get sued over this because of the health risks and injuries that people might encounter.

The other year, at my other school, a few kids somehow managed to climb on the roof and started to act like Hitler. They both got arrested and were charged for the crime, and letters were sent out to all of the students' parents in regards of what happened and how it was taken care of.

- Mike.
Pyro Man
When my dad was at school, a teacher owned a mini, and the school was nextdoor to chapel. One day a bunch of kids (men from the college really) picked up the mini, took it up the chapel steps and placed it in between the lines of pews and ran out again. The teacher thought it was stolen, and was gobsmacked to see it in the chapel!!!!

Yeah we dont have CCTV at our school, only in some places, and a lot of fire extinguishers are empty from water fights, and we have no sprinklers either.

HA HA HA the vending machine prank is hilarious!! But vandalism can go over the top. Once, this kid broke the mirrors off a teachers car, shoved a drinks bottle up the exhuast and wrote ****** YOU on the windscreen with a squirty yoghurt
Rmgk
kids at our school got in deep for even talking about a high school prank
Pyro Man
izcool wrote:
Most of what's mentioned on here is just terrible. Just think of what would happen. People would slip and fall on the oil on the floor, and someone might inhale the paint when it gets sprayed. I'm sure that someone's going to get sued over this because of the health risks and injuries that people might encounter.

The other year, at my other school, a few kids somehow managed to climb on the roof and started to act like Hitler. They both got arrested and were charged for the crime, and letters were sent out to all of the students' parents in regards of what happened and how it was taken care of.

- Mike.

HAHAHAHAHAHA lol sorry this made me laugh! The falling on the oil and getting high on paint. The hitler joke is classic too!!
area547
izcool wrote:

- Mike.

yeah thats proof that you can take everything too seriously... you slip.. you get up, or better yet you just don't walk in oil.
Health effects from inhaling paint from passing by? Are you kidding me? You've done more brain damaged if you sniffed those markers that smellt so good back in 3rd grade than walking past (fresh) paint.
secret_soul
Hmm. I think that when pranks could hurt people [like oil on the floors or whatever] or when they cause a lot of extra work/are pure vandalism then they're a bad idea because they're not funny. At our school they do manage quite funny ones. The whole year dresses in their too-small uniforms and runs around. They put sex toys in the library last year and toiler-papered the new building. It was very funny.

The best one was when someone put a 'for sale' sign outside the school. That was hilarious.

A note on the Hitler joke. That kind of thing I really don't like. A girl in the year below me was bored in one of her German lessons and so started chanting "Hitler!" at the teacher. Then she got up and did a Hitler impersonation. She is in sooooooo much trouble over that.
area547
when it was time for our senior year prank, we got those little stryrophome pieces and filled the entire main office with them.
Thats a relatively harmless prank and still loads of fun.
We also had pranks with our rival schools. What we did to them is we put about 30 pounds of fish under their bleachers before their homecoming game and rally.
They unfortuanatly got us back with motor oil on ours, but the student body cleaned it up and we didn't make too much of a fuss about it.
You just have to be mature and able to laugh at a good joke, even if it is done to you.
igor123d
The end of high school should not be a time for stupid pranks that can have great consequences for the kids. I mean after four years of hard work of surviving high school, why would you want to jeopardize your chances of finally finishing school and getting out? Doen't make sense to me,.
Ellosha
Pranks that can't hurt anyone, and don't make TOO much extra effort for anyone are funny.

The seniors at my school went too far this year. They spread cooking oil in the hallways, and on the stairs. Unfortunately, our school has horrendous lighting. Luckily, though, someone noticed before anyone was hurt, and the janitors were able to clean it up.
Donutey
area547 wrote:

yeah thats proof that you can take everything too seriously... you slip.. you get up, or better yet you just don't walk in oil.
Health effects from inhaling paint from passing by? Are you kidding me? You've done more brain damaged if you sniffed those markers that smellt so good back in 3rd grade than walking past (fresh) paint.

They actually sent everyone who was pregnant home, they repainted over the grafitti and evidently those paint fumes cause birth defects, and pretty much everybody else got headaches.

Also, if you fall onto a concrete floor, not bracing yourself at all, you can hurt yourself a lot. I was skating on a wood floor (softer than the concrete) and fell and broke my arm when i was younger (i think 6 or 7.. idk Rolling Eyes ) It's not like you could avoid the stuff if they hadn't cleaned it up, when it's up and down two hallways.
Kaisonic
Yeah, a prank and an act of vandalism are WAY different. A prank is simply an elaborate joke made at someone's expense to get a good laugh. An act of vandalism is basically someone's attempt at a prank that actually just makes everyone mad and have to do a lot of work. What they did was definitely vandalism. Morons...
Pyro Man
Yeah i know, It just sounded funny. Yeah we get a lot of pregnant people, sort of 12, 13, 14 years old, leave for a baby. Some dont return, and throw away their lives
Pyro Man
Last September, I came into school and the wheelie bins had been set ablaze, it was like a big waterfall of green plastic down the side, and apparently one had been set on fire and raced along the playground, and the heat made the casters merge into the bin, and it tipped over and just melted into the playground

A few years ago, supposedly somebody set a wheelie-bin on fire and pushed it throught the back doors of the kitchen at a pub near me (bar) its quite a funny thought really. Its been burnt for about 2-3 years now, and apparently it is going to be turned into a Burger King, about time Aylesbury got a BK because they are all in Milton Keynes!
izcool
Okay, I thought it would be relevant to bring this back up on what I had mentioned in this thread before. (Two kids at my old school climbed up on the roof and acted like Hitler, etc). I dug up the letter that got sent home the day the incident with my school happened. (I was cleaning my room and found this in an old folder).

So, if you do senior pranks, the odds seem to be stacked up against you rathar than with you.

- Mike.