FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpBB forum

rafifaisal
Hi,
I have the recently installed the hidden content mod.
This is a mod where a user has to post a message in order to view hidden content.
But now my bbcode doesn't work anymore.
The buttons just dont work.
What did i do wrong ? ? ?
Ghost Face
You're probably more likely to get a response from http://www.getphpbb.com/support/

Hope that helps.
rafifaisal
I have put my problem on phpbb.nl but up to today i havent had an answer.
More than 200 views but no answer Embarassed
I will try on the site you suggested, but if there is anyone over here who can help, please please please do so
Scorpio
do you have a backup of your forum before the mod install?

If so replace the current forum files with that
rafifaisal
I am afraid this was the one time in my life I didnt take a backup
So it is lost i am afraid Embarassed
wumingsden
rafifaisal wrote:
I am afraid this was the one time in my life I didnt take a backup
So it is lost i am afraid Embarassed

If this is the only hack (MOD) that you installed then you can jsut download your version of phpbb and upload again, apart from the config.php file of course. This will essentially get your files back to the way they were.
It may be helpful that you provide the link to the forum also to actually see what happens.
rafifaisal
No this is not the only mod i have installed.
The link to the forum is
www.crescentcc.frih.net
If you try to post a message, do it in the forum "who am i" caus all the other have permissions...
wumingsden
Turn off HTML, this should solve your problem.

Also note that it is against your agreement with phpBB to use the phpBB forum software if you remove the copyright notice, which you have done.
rafifaisal
Ok i will try it.
Thanks
rafifaisal
No it doesnt work.
maybe i should post my code of posting.tpl or another file here so you can have a look
wumingsden
I see that turning off HTML hasn't helped. Nor will I help until you put back the copyright notice.
rafifaisal
You are right. Should give the credits to whom they belong.
I have put back the copyright.
Sorry for my mistake.
Now can you help me ? ? ? Embarassed
wumingsden
rafifaisal wrote:
You are right. Should give the credits to whom they belong.
I have put back the copyright.
Sorry for my mistake.
Now can you help me ? ? ? Embarassed

You can also have your own copyright there too, its not jsut limited to one. Also, you cannot get your account terminated because the copyright has gone, but to recieve my help I would like to see it there. After the error is fixed by all means do what you like.
As my last option didn't work its now more probable that the MOD will not work with phpbb 2.0.20, or which ever version you are using.
Please PM me your hosting details and the link to where you downloaded the MOD. I will then reverse all of the changes. I may come up with a fix in the meanwhile but either way cannot do anything till I look at your files.
rafifaisal
I have pm'd you the details you asked in full confidentiallity.
Thanks for helping
wumingsden
I have un-installed the MOD instead of creating a fix. This is because the MOD that you want installing was made for phpBB 2.0.4, it is now at 2.0.20 - I would have had to spend a lot of time updating the MOD which I haven't got.
Try finding another MOD that works for the latest versions. Also, make sure you apply the changes correctly, when installing this MOD you made a few mistakes which would have ment the MOD wouldn't have worked anyway. I corrected these errors yet still no luck. I have deleted the PM of yours therefore erasing all of your Hosting Details. if you would like me to do anything else to your account you will have to re-send them me.
I also created a test topic at http://www.crescentcc.frih.net/viewtopic.php?t=101 to see whether the Bbcode function works, you should delete the thread as it has no use now.
Also, if you don't need my help in the future then you can do what you like to phpBB's copyright. Very Happy
rafifaisal
hey thanks mate.
Really I appreciate the work you have done Exclamation Exclamation
You where right about the copyright. I think I will leave the credits to phpBB.
Once again thanks again.

Greetzz and keep up the good work
wumingsden
rafifaisal wrote:
hey thanks mate.
Really I appreciate the work you have done Exclamation Exclamation
You where right about the copyright. I think I will leave the credits to phpBB.
Once again thanks again.

Greetzz and keep up the good work

Your welcome. And forgive me about my opinion on copyright notices. I just think that is nice for people that made it to be credited, thats all. Do what you wish now that the problem has been reversed. Very Happy Doy ou want this thread locked ?
rafifaisal
Yes you can lock this thread if you want.
Once again thanks mate Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
mathiaus
rafifaisal wrote:
Yes you can lock this thread if you want.

I want to Smile

-close-