FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggestions for my Site

NjRocket
Hey guys, can you leave me some suggestions or feedback on my site. www.topsportlinks.frih.net , check out the forums and register too. Thanks alot
xorcist
You have make the layout look clear, it looks kind of blurry from my computer but I dont know if its just mine. You shoudl also put the ads to the left and the bottom so the first thing people see when they enter your site is your site and when they scroll over they can look at your ads.
NjRocket
xorcist wrote:
You have make the layout look clear, it looks kind of blurry from my computer but I dont know if its just mine. You shoudl also put the ads to the left and the bottom so the first thing people see when they enter your site is your site and when they scroll over they can look at your ads.

i was thinking about moving the ads down but than noone would see them .They also aren't that distracting. For your other suggestion, id rather not have the people be forced to scroll, i don't want that. Any other suggestions, thanks for the feedback
LukeakaDanish
Align your elements propperly. This will make your design look more clean and more profesional. Here are the steps i think your should take.

Make the top of your adsence add and your banner sit at the same height.

Make the "latest links things" and your banner the same width.
Make the text element and your banner the same width

Move your dropdown navigation to somewhre where its easier to spot. I suggest in the top right corner of your text element, however there are other possible solutions. Right now i doubt anyone is noticing it...

Im not sure whether this will seem necesary if you complete my other suggestions, however you could also move the add next to the rest of your site instead of aligning one bit center and one bit left.

Hope this was useful

Luke
NjRocket
Alright, I think i'm going to make some changes, does anyone else have any other feedback or suggestions to any of my pages or forums?
rein
Really nice work so far! Some thoughts though:

• Move everything up to the top of your page.
  • Put the google add thing at the right hand side of your page.
    Webpages are read in an 'F' like shape (read more here )so the first thing you notice now is the add.
  • Lose the dropdown navigation box. You've got a nice looking bar under your header so it's got no use anyway.
  • Don't center-align the text of your newsitems.

best of luck.
Donutey
you might want to make a custom 404 error page because so many pages are missing, just add it to your main directory as 404.shtml saying something like "this site is under construction"
lazaruslupine
looking at the main page it just needs a little polish.The banner definitely needs to be resized so its not fuzzy.Other than that things look pretty polished, but maybe some more colors(like from sports jerseys and such) might be nice