FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Benchmarking your computer

DimaSafr
I have just bought a new Acer laptop (AMD Turion 64), I want to know how fast it can go and what it can do. I can not find good software (freeware) to benchmark it. What is a good way to test the Laptops performance? i thought using some latest 3D game may give a picture. any sugestions?
Animal
There's a free version of the industry-standard benchmarking software here.
DimaSafr
Many Thanks, will try it now!
psycosquirrel
That is the standard for benchmarking, also known as the 3dE-penis series. Keep in mind the values are theoretical, and do not necessarily reflect how well your computer will perform with actual games and applications.
ForceRun
Yeap, Just use the 3DMarks, I also like to test out my favorite games, F.E.A.R., CounterStrike Source, COD2 and so on. Most have a short play demo built in, and will bench the settings for you and show you the ending avg FPS. To me thats what matters, the game preformance, I use that over 3DMarks to setup my system, test different drivers, and to test out OverClocks. There are a bunch of benching freebies out there just do a google search on BenchMarking Programs. Some are Benchem all, Sandra Soft (also a very powerful system tool), and so on. Have fun...