FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with phpbb forum

Ohsakm
I had installed my phpbb forum one moth ago, but 3 days ago it said that i can't access to my admin panel, i have reinstalled it, but i continues with the same error, how can i fix it? it is because of the forum or samthing in the webhosting datbase?
engeland
were you able to access when you first installed it?
Ohsakm
engeland wrote:
were you able to access when you first installed it?

when i install it, i can login, and i can enter to the admin panel, but some hours later i can't enter to my admin panel, but i can login and logout, and write new posts or topics, and peopla can register
wumingsden
Never heard of this problem before. Are you sure that you haven't got your username/password wrong and that you haven't "disabled" the board ?
Also, does the board changed in its appearance. Meaning has it been Defaced ?

Also, is the forum in question hosted here at FriHost ?
Ohsakm
my username/password is right, i didn't disable de board. it is hosted in frihost
wumingsden
Do any errors appear through-out the forum ? When posting, for example ?

Is your config.php file left in-tact ? If you don't know then PM me your details and I'll check for you. i odubt that there is a problem with this file but you never know.

Also, can you give the URL ? If you don't want oto give it publicly then please PM it me.
Ohsakm
wumingsden wrote:
Do any errors appear through-out the forum ? When posting, for example ?

Is your config.php file left in-tact ? If you don't know then PM me your details and I'll check for you. i odubt that there is a problem with this file but you never know.

Also, can you give the URL ? If you don't want oto give it publicly then please PM it me.

it only appears when i try to access to the admin panel, and when somebody login and logout, i think it is not an error. it only appears a web saying that it can't be show.

P.S.: the forum link is http://www.j-m.frih.net/foro
wumingsden
I don't know what could be wrong then, sorry. It maybe really simple but I just can't think of what could be wrong. If there was problems in the files then errors would more than likely appear so this probably isn't the case. That though just leaves the database Confused there is a possibilty that its your cookie settings. Check via phpmyadmin whether their correct.
Ohsakm
if ti is a cookie setting, how can i fix it? how can i check via phpmyadmin if it is correct?
wumingsden
The easiest way is to download the database via phpmyadmin and to open it up on your computer. then search for the settings in the config table, which should be close to the top of the file.