FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A frihost newsletter © DDS

DeFwh
I think it would be nice to have a frihost newsletter that gets pm'ed to us.

Like it could have popular topics and latest statistics on Frihost (such as how many posts, how many new members, a What would bondings do section, and anything else frihosters would like to here about)

Also it could be something that we could print out and show to our friends.

----------
Wink Note to mods: I dont believe this has been suggested but do not close this because you think it may seem like another thing to day at the end of a long day. I would like to see some opinions because if Frihost might not do it, I might by myself just for fun.
----------
If this idea doesnt go anywhere I still © the idea because I will still end up doing it. But I would like to have the support of the frihost mods and admins.
tidruG
I think this idea was brought up once or twice and discussed among the mods... but nothing really came of it... not quite sure of it.

The problem with the mailing list is that we would have to take sign-ups for the list (as I'm sure not all members want a FriHost newsletter).

And also needing to be discussed is what exactly it's going to contain.
DeFwh
tidruG wrote:
I think this idea was brought up once or twice and discussed among the mods... but nothing really came of it... not quite sure of it.

The problem with the mailing list is that we would have to take sign-ups for the list (as I'm sure not all members want a FriHost newsletter).

And also needing to be discussed is what exactly it's going to contain.

Well I could find out who wants it and also what people would like to see in it. This would take a lot of effort but im willing to put in the extra hours to do it. I believe the only thing the mods would have to do is maybe write a column and help by mailing it.

I could also design and format the letter all I would need is the info we would put in the newsletter.

If any would like to see a sample, just ask me! Wink

~DeFwh
Bondings
DeFwh, this has already been discussed quite a few times. It is indeed a good idea, but has however quite a few disadvantages as we're talking about a lot of people and email providers could see this as spam and block our email.

Anyway, all problems aside. I am planning to make a newsletter (probably monthly) for members to opt in, but I doubt it will be soon.
DeFwh
Ok, bondings i was thinking that we would pm it instead of email to avoid the spam hassle and anyways this would only be sent to people who wanted so officially they could add the email to their address book and have it viewed as a non spam emailer.

I have ATT Yahoo GLobal and i get that service i think AOL does too. And i would be willing to make the newsletter.

EDIT: i have made an example layout which will change from time to time on holidays

I would for a small price charge a yearly fee of maybe like 10frih$

and the ad space would probably cost 5frih$ for two printings (u wont be able to purchase adspace more then two weeks in a row)

~ill have an example with content soon
JokeBoutMaple
No ads better, look at mine...

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/4987/untitled4vd2.th.png
Scorpio
JokeBoutMaple wrote:
No ads better, look at mine...

Look at yours

that is a thumbnail

How do you expect us to see anything specific there?

EDIT: Just removed a harsh word, sorry
JokeBoutMaple
Done...

Scorpio
anyway, joke. the problem even if frihost starts a newsletter, is that ads are important and they help earn money

So unless they include an ad or two they will not be rewarded for their efforts and stuff
mOrpheuS
JokeBoutMaple wrote:
Got prob lolx, I get it fixed!
JokeBoutMaple wrote:
Done...
JokeBoutMaple wrote:
Done...

Shocked

Please use

instead of

Thank you.
Animal
mOrpheuS wrote:
Please use
instead of

Yeah - seconded. But I think I cleaned up at the same time you posted this. Sorry m0rph!
munkey_boy
Hi, i have made a cheap dodgy template with publicator from microsoft office here it is #Newsletter Here#
Hogwarts
JokeBoutMaple wrote:
Done...

Also, firhost is a new word to my vocabulary as of reading that Wink. I suggest you fix that bit. Although, the ad's wouldn't be that bad.
TeenZine
Ok I thik it should happen I like Defwh idea about It Mabe it could happen if frihost swiched to it's Cms community project on php fourm. Which I assume they could because theres alot of people doing it. ( even though N0obs is using a diffrent probider) . I think it definently should be done by pms so it isn't spam And I assume alot of people use the frihost email with Da.*not sure though* which I think spam filter could proabably be made for every one to not get the news letter as spam. Tell me what you think I hope this helped

-TeenZine-
babumuchhala
A good idea, but i would be the first one to opt out of this. The reason being there isnt anything so specail about Frihost Forums that i did like an email informing me about it. Also if you regularly vist the forum, you already know whats hit and whats not. So why spend time on reading the newsletter.

The only time i would like to receive an email from Frihost is that if and when we have a scheduled maintanence. This would be better since if you dont visit the forum on that day or even week you would still be knowing that there will be a downtime and blah blah.

So NO Newsleters for me Wink
Donutey
babumuchhala wrote:

The only time i would like to receive an email from Frihost is that if and when we have a scheduled maintanence. This would be better since if you dont visit the forum on that day or even week you would still be knowing that there will be a downtime and blah blah.

I agree with that, it would be helpful if you could opt into a announcement type of thing that would send emails to users when the server(s) were down, because if the frihost.com forum is down it's a big question mark to what's happening. Thankfully, there hasn't been a lot of downtime recently (on server 1).
n0obie4life
Firstly, you won't have any thing you will be able to do for the frihost newsletter because you don't HAVE access to the mods forum, anything you CAN actually tell or gossip about. Bondings most probably will NOT inform you of any possible downtimes/system information/area51 information or whatever.

Your newsletter would have nothing much other than what? New members, Frihost surpasses 20,000 members, the post of the day (which is some stupid post I guess) Rolling Eyes.

Stupid and pointless idea.

Just quit it.
Scorpio
n0obie4life wrote:
Firstly, you won't have any thing you will be able to do for the frihost newsletter because you don't HAVE access to the mods forum, anything you CAN actually tell or gossip about. Bondings most probably will NOT inform you of any possible downtimes/system information/area51 information or whatever.

Your newsletter would have nothing much other than what? New members, Frihost surpasses 20,000 members, the post of the day (which is some stupid post I guess) Rolling Eyes.

Just quit it.

I guess I do agree with babumucchala(sorry about the spelling) and donutey and though I am not using words as harsh as noobie did here, I would disapprove of this idea since it is a waste of your time.

You would not have anything to put there

Perhaps you can tell us what you plan to put there now
DeFwh
scorpio wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

Just quit it.

I guess I do agree with babumucchala(sorry about the spelling) and donutey and though I am not using words as harsh as noobie did here, I would disapprove of this idea since it is a waste of your time.

You would not have anything to put there

Perhaps you can tell us what you plan to put there now

For one this is a suggestion and this is something that bondings acctually has in mind, which even though you have been arguing like little kids. Also your TOP SECRET info would come from mods and bondings. The newsletter would be more of a picture rather than text. But also i would consider making a text one available. Also that template didnt take very long and with info from bondings, two pieces of gossip from mods, a great topics section, and a few minor ads would fill the whole the page very nicely.

And once again this is a suggestion, its a limbo idea its part way between a thought and a reality. Wink So chill peeps and keep it real Cool
n0obie4life
DeFWH, you are thinking waay too far.

Bondings said he'll make it himself. When he says that, he'll only do it himself and not get help from others.

Bondings didn't say he'll give any information to you, neither did he release a template.

It's just wishful thinking on your part. You released a template yourself and the user JokeBoutMaple too.

Your original topic was not telling us to make a Frihost Newsletter. You wanted to make one yourself, so I AM flamming you.

Arguing like little kids? It's called a relative reply to your stupid idea, which I totally disagree with.

Please, before you actually try to flame me, talk about yourself first. scorpio, mine, babumuchhala's replies were all relative to the topic. A suggestion is meant to be accepted or not accepted, obviously we're just stating our opinions. If you don't want opinions, don't start a topic.

Oh, and if you expected everyone to agree with you on Frihost Newsletter, I need to remind you that you are on Earth. Not in dreamland.
Scorpio
First of all defwh, I was being quite considerate in the criticism, so if you are not interested in any criticism and want only postitive reactions for this, then you are looking at the wrong place

Quote:
For one this is a suggestion and this is something that bondings acctually has in mind, which even though you have been arguing like little kids

Arguing like little kids? what the hell does that mean,

I was not arguing, I was just giving my opinion and I, and everyone else here have a right to do so.

If you call that arguing, then I can call your post, spam(oh and if you didnt understand what i said in the last line, then we are on the same boat)
Quote:

two pieces of gossip from mods,

Giving out gossip is not something a mod should do, and if they do they are betraying the trust bondings has in them

Quote:
Bondings didn't say he'll give any information to you, neither did he release a template.

Absolutely right.. Nobody volunteered any info for you here

Anyway, do what you please and what frihost allows