FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash tutorial (why not???)

Metaphor
I've searched the forums for this but I haven't found any post like this, if there is one please redirect me and sorry for reposting...

Anyway, my proposal is for someone to post a kind of "newbies flash introduction tutorial". I mean a really begginer's guide to work with flash designing. The tutorial could contain tips about the available software and samples step-by-step with screenshots and comments...

Probably I'm asking too much, I don't even know if it's possible for a newbie to work with flash!!! Very Happy

Anyway that's just an idea...

Thanks and cya later.

Tiago
webbers
well, have you searched for actionscript.org, kirupa.com, flashkit.com. there are a lot of sites giving tutorials.

the best is pixel2life.com

its been a great site.

if you have any querry you may still contact me at

nishantkalia85 (AT) gmail (DOT) com
Metaphor
Thanks! great help. Many tutorials on many software! Wink
superk
http://pixel2life.com/ is a pretty good site..
I am pretty new at using flash. Have started using SwishMax. Really great application to start creating flash. However have been trying to work out how to call a custom function across different scenes. ie I have create a custom function in Scene_1.. but I would like to call it from Scene_2. In the hunt to find the answer.. but if anyone here can answer it, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Superk!
game_dev
Hi.

If you wanna go "couch potato"-style , there's a bunch of free video tutorials on Lynda.com too.

Here's the direct link for flash8 tutorials:
http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modListing.asp?pid=1

peace,
gd.