FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lordi won!

Helios
lol Laughing

That's weird.

Though, you can't call them pop stars Neutral

http://www.eurovision.tv/english/index.htm

http://www.eurovision.tv/english/2510.htm
SunburnedCactus
Better than the usual boring winners, for sure!
Helios
Lordi suck, but you're right.

Freshed up EV a bit ^^
DimaSafr
I think they were pretty cool, and as you said not as boring. Good to have something different.
Nick87
Lordi, yuck... I think they are awefull, their masks are ugly and the song was no good, I didn't even think it was funny... But ofcourse it's 'shocking' on the eurovision songcontest... Same thing as a couple of years ago, one 'girl' won because there was a big hype about her being a transsexual...

I think the Lithouwenian contestants were awesome... It was so funny... I think they should've won.
achene
i think its good that they won. its not the greatest son but i think its a step in the right direction for eurovison.
hopefully more rock/heavy bands will join next year.
and think about - lordi got the most points someone have ever got in the eurovision - its kinda odd, but i think its really cool.
and i also think that all the other songs where boring and it was all the same pop songs with added techno beats.
not my style at all
but this was diffinetely a different eurovision, and i must admit that i only saw it because lordi was there cause normally i hate to see it

a thing i dont understand is why everyone (not everyone but a lot of people) freaks out about lordis victory. people should have voted for something else then Razz
Shewolf
achene wrote:
i think its good that they won. its not the greatest son but i think its a step in the right direction for eurovison.
hopefully more rock/heavy bands will join next year.
and think about - lordi got the most points someone have ever got in the eurovision - its kinda odd, but i think its really cool.
and i also think that all the other songs where boring and it was all the same pop songs with added techno beats.
not my style at all
but this was diffinetely a different eurovision, and i must admit that i only saw it because lordi was there cause normally i hate to see it

a thing i dont understand is why everyone (not everyone but a lot of people) freaks out about lordis victory. people should have voted for something else then Razz

Go Lordi, go Lordi!! *boogie* I am still amazed of the fact that they actually won... Very Happy
Helios
If it was 20 years ago, no one would have been amazed or shocked by their victory.

Music is like fashion, but not quite.
We don't really know if rock will even come back to the mainstream. I hope it will.
Ayame
I think it's great they won because it was original and funny.
The other band like France, were boring!
I saw some site saying the lyrics of Lordi's song are satanist and they didn't desearve to win, but this is wrong, they won becausr they were original and people nowadays want to have fun.
Bourgondier
I loved their show, and their costumes of course!
The song is also great, even my mother liked it.
HARD ROCK HALLELUJAH!
meb09
lordi is cool dude it is not a boring song like the others next year i want to see mr.lordi without that mask or somethin and his band too
9/10 NME
Helios wrote:
If it was 20 years ago, no one would have been amazed or shocked by their victory.

What, like Bucks Fizz?
Helios
9/10 NME wrote:
Helios wrote:

What, like Bucks Fizz?

><
Not really.

At least they were a group.
Nowadays it's 1 pop singer + some lousy playback.
9/10 NME
What I mean is, twenty years ago (i.e. 1986) rock music was not the mainstream norm, certainly not heavy rock like Lordi, and the Eurovision song contest has always been about light pop music.
Bombadil
They're strange. It is said the'are satanic, but the leadsinger says:
Quote:
It's a victory for rock music, Finland and Lordi. And for open-mindedness!

so, no satanic but openminded :S
Is that the truth? I don't know Confused