FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SSB:B (super smash bros: Brawl, the one for Wii)

Mamsaac
so, I guess everyone in here has already seen the video (if not, ask and I'm posting link to it). I don't know if you've heard of this, but at nintendo japan, they are making a poll to people on which characters they would like to see in SSB:B

who would you like to see?

I personally would love having Golden Sun (GBA) characters in it. Plus, Diddy Kong and/or King Rool too.
Balthamos
Looks like an awesome game to me. I loved the SSB for the 64 and the NGC, so this one can only be getting better. My only question is how they are going to be using the Wiimote in this whole deal. Hope it's actually used and not there to do something stupid like select a menu.

~Balthamos
Mamsaac
the wiimote (yeah, that's the name) won't be used for the game, but another controller that will come with the Wii (free, the wii comes with two different kinds of controllers).

the developers of the game said they didn't see a way to use the controller to make it better than it was already, so they are going to stay with a similar kind of controller. Now, this doesn't mean the Wiimote won't be used in most (almost all) games, as anyone who paid attention to last E3 can know.
Whong
Thats really cool that Nintendo is giving 2 controlers! And thats cool too that you can use the GameCubes controlers too!

I think Pit looked really cool and so did Mario and Link and Snake too!

Link has defenitely gone trough a whole lot of development when compared to Super Smash Bros Melee Link! Link looks really cool! Cool Idea
hlavco
I love how the Super Smash Bros. characters always look much better than their normal game counterparts. Compare Melee Bowser with any other Bowser from a Mario game. It makes them all look bad. And since every sports/party/whatever game uses Bowser, that's a lot of games it's making look bad.

Yoshi, too. Have you noticed that Yoshi from all the third party games has some sort of hump on his back under his saddle? That can't be very comfortable to ride on.

Mario's never looked bad, but have you seen the detail on his pants in Melee? That sounds kind of weird, I know, but you can see the labels for crying out loud. And Brawl Mario looks even better. He even has the treads on the bottoms of his boots.
linkman2004
Dude, I can't wait for this game! It looks frickin' amazing!

But how can you call the characters in SSB looking better than their normal game counterparts, hlavco? The only reason Mario has buttloads of detail on his jeans is because the game is supposed to be more realistic. The same goes for Bowser. In Mario Sunshine they were going for cartoony, in Brawl their going for realistic. I wish they had kept the same style link from Malee, though. Razz
Whong
I like the new style Link, he looks really cool and very well detailed!
He has developed so much! And the characters special moves look really cool! Very nice adding! I really wish Nintendo would keep the trophies and bring in more new trophies!

It has been great fun to collect them! Wink Idea
Hanpusu-kun
Snake will own your butt online next year is the only thing I want to say ^_-

(and with me backing him up!)
hlavco
linkman2004 wrote:
But how can you call the characters in SSB looking better than their normal game counterparts, hlavco? The only reason Mario has buttloads of detail on his jeans is because the game is supposed to be more realistic. The same goes for Bowser. In Mario Sunshine they were going for cartoony, in Brawl their going for realistic. I wish they had kept the same style link from Malee, though. Razz

Well, I guess I'm just saying that I like the realistic ones, and that they look cooler. And I don't think Bowser looks vicious enough on the other games to be the boss character. Then again, how vicious is baseball or golf? Very Happy
Dekar
Well I haven't seen the video, but if it is anything like the previous two It will kick a$$! Can someone please post the link for the video?
xorcist
Ya this is going to be one of the best games that come out with the Wii and the characters and going to be way better then the other Super Smash Bros. They even bring players from other games.

@Dekar The link to the video is http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html they are both the same videos I dont know why they posted 2.
Whong
xorcist wrote:
Ya this is going to be one of the best games that come out with the Wii and the characters and going to be way better then the other Super Smash Bros. They even bring players from other games.

@Dekar The link to the video is http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html they are both the same videos I dont know why they posted 2.

That was because the otherone was more small and not that good. The other one was more detailed due to its slightly larger file size! Idea
SuperLala
I know a website that gives weekday updates on the featrues smash brothers brawl will have.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html
Packfan104L4
Mamsaac wrote:
the wiimote (yeah, that's the name) won't be used for the game, but another controller that will come with the Wii (free, the wii comes with two different kinds of controllers).

Am I the first one to call him on this one?

No it doesn't come with two different kinds of controllers. It comes with two different controller JACKS.

If the game ends up being $90+ for the game and new controllers that aren't Gamecube controllers, their sales WILL drop. The whole lure of the system is the wireless concept and if they revert back to the old Gamcube wired controllers, it'll be just retarded.
SuperLala
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Mamsaac wrote:

No it doesn't come with two different kinds of controllers. It comes with two different controller JACKS.

If the game ends up being $90+ for the game and new controllers that aren't Gamecube controllers, their sales WILL drop. The whole lure of the system is the wireless concept and if they revert back to the old Gamcube wired controllers, it'll be just retarded.

Actually, there are 4 different types of controls. The classic wii controller, the wii remote turned on it's side, the motion sensitive wii remote, and the gamecube controller.
Satori
Packfan104L4 wrote:
Mamsaac wrote:

Yes...you would be the first one to call him out...except he posted that in May of 2006, so he obviously didn't have access to the sort of information we do now that the Wii has been out for quite some time.

Also, the Wii doesn't have "two different controller JACKS." The wii has gamecube controller ports. What Mamsaac was referring to was the fact that the Wii comes with a Wiimote and a Nunchuck (technically two different kinds of controllers.) Keep in mind his post was BEFORE the Wii was released.

The game will NOT be $90 and will NOT come with new controllers. You WILL be able to play the new smash bros WITH gamecube controllers OR with 3 other control options (stated below.)

SuperLala wrote:
Actually, there are 4 different types of controls. The classic wii controller, the wii remote turned on it's side, the motion sensitive wii remote, and the gamecube controller.

This is almost correct. You will be able to play with the "classic" controller, the Wiimote turned on it's side, the gamecube controller, or the Wiimote WITH a nunchuck attached.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various01.html

If anyone wants more info, please consult the official website:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html
Packfan104L4
Satori wrote:

Yes...you would be the first one to call him out...except he posted that in May of 2006, so he obviously didn't have access to the sort of information we do now that the Wii has been out for quite some time.

Ah that would explain it. Didn't realize this was a one year old bumped thread.
EanofAthenasPrime
Where can I vote for the characters?
Sarcas
EanofAthenasPrime wrote:

Think i recall a link to it at the main site for the game, i'm not sure though so if anyone could give the full link it would be nice
EanofAthenasPrime
Sarcas wrote:
EanofAthenasPrime wrote:

Think i recall a link to it at the main site for the game, i'm not sure though so if anyone could give the full link it would be nice

hmm...
Satori
EanofAthenasPrime wrote:

I don't think you can anymore...though I'm not positive. My guess would be that they're already far enough along in development that they aren't going to add anymore new characters. The release date is December 3rd...so I doubt they have time to add any new characters before then.
Zach25
I can't wait for that game! The last one was amazing, and this one looks ten times better. They completely re-did Link, which is awesome. Mario actually has jean-overalls, not just blue straps. Very Happy
Magicman
This game does look like its going to be pretty awesome. The detail in the characters is amazing. I've been checking the site periodically to see what cool new thing will be in the game.
Satori
Every time I check the web site, I get more and more excited for this game! I loved the other smash bros games. They've always been in their own class of fighting games (if you ask me at least.) There just isn't anything else like them. And this new smash seems to be shaping up to completely outdo it's predecessor. Not only with all the new playable characters, but the new items, new level designs, and new minor details (like running and shooting, or jumping off other characters heads.) I absolutely can't wait for this game to hit stores! I will be buying it as soon as it comes out!

Who else is excited??
SuperLala
Super Smash Brothers Brawl has been delayed until February 10th. Proof: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/info/info03.html
QrafTee
Mamsaac wrote:
so, I guess everyone in here has already seen the video (if not, ask and I'm posting link to it). I don't know if you've heard of this, but at nintendo japan, they are making a poll to people on which characters they would like to see in SSB:B

who would you like to see?

I personally would love having Golden Sun (GBA) characters in it. Plus, Diddy Kong and/or King Rool too.

Even before the Poll, the Japanese Smash Bros Dojo had a message board allowing fans to introduce their character ideas, music, levels, items, and such. I went on it and typed up all my ideas... I wonder if they understood it because it was all in English. Mad

Anyway, Diddy Kong IS going to be a playable character, so that's good. King Rool... I'm not sure because there is already a enough fat, slow, big characters... :-p
Fire Boar
Ike FTW. I doubt Isaac or the others from Golden Sun will be in it but... well, we can hope. Wink I think psynergy would work so well in Smash Bros., a bit like Ness' PK attacks in Melee and the original Smash Bros. (blimey, how long ago was that?!).