FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Yahoo Domain (.com) Question

NjRocket
Hey guys, I see that yahoo is having a special for 2.99 for a .com domain name for the first year. Somewhere else on the site i see its for 8.99, is there any catch or something to the small business domain they are offering? Can you just buy a domain, or are you forced to get hosting and such? Thanks

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/index.php?
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/

Whats the difference between the two...Pretty good deal, must be a catch or something.
Scorpio
Someother dude asked a similar question earlier.

Now let me make it clear:

When the 2.99$ offer appears, go ahead and register.
There is no catch, no forced hosting and nothing else except your domain with all your facilities.

If you find 2 different prices on 2 different pages, even then, your final price when you go for billing will only be the 2.99$(lower price)

No difference between the facilities or anything else.

it is just a short time offer.

I can confirm this because my domain is hosted there with them(.com domain) and I have had no problems.
bgbg
I quess the promotion period is over. :(
NjRocket
bgbg wrote:
I quess the promotion period is over. Sad

It keeps changing, watch for the link lol. The last question i have is , The first year is going to be 2.99 i see, but if the prices go up, I will have to pay that for the second year correct? With yahoo, Do i have FULL control over the domain for server access and stuff? Also, when this year for the purchase ends, do i have the first shot or right to continue the domain or is it up for anyone?

Thanks alot.
Animal
NjRocket wrote:
The last question i have is , The first year is going to be 2.99 i see, but if the prices go up, I will have to pay that for the second year correct?

Yeah. Usually, a "cheap" domain is only cheap for the first year. After that, it will go up in price to (I think) $8.99

NjRocket wrote:
With yahoo, Do i have FULL control over the domain for server access and stuff?

As far as I'm aware, yes. You own the domain - it's not just a redirection account like .tk or .co.nr

NjRocket wrote:
Also, when this year for the purchase ends, do i have the first shot or right to continue the domain or is it up for anyone?

You have the right to re-register the domain under your name. If you let it lapse (for about 1 or 2 months, I think) then anyone can buy it. In the first month though, only you have the right to re-purchase or transfer the domain.
Scorpio
With yahoo, it will exactly be 60 days before your domain will be available for transfer after it is unlocked.

it will automatically unlock if you let it expire