FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What powers your relationships?

Love or lust?
Love
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
Lust
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Neither
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Nothing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Physical bondage via restraint
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

bladesage
Hello, let me get straight to the point. It's my opinion that too many relationships are the direct result of lust, rather than love. Why is this? Is it even so? Prove me wrong.

Love = Really wanting to be with someone for their personality, their spiritual attractiveness, or just plain out of true love

Lust = Only actually wanting to be with someone because of their body, paying little or no attention to their mind, but wanting to be with them because of a strong sexual (or other physical) attraction

Really, what honestly drives your relationships?

Poll Edited by Wumingsden; 1 option removed.
Th3St1ck
for me itsLOVE
idk about other ppl..
Devang
bladesage wrote:
Hello, let me get straight to the point. It's my opinion that too many relationships are the direct result of lust, rather than love. Why is this? Is it even so? Prove me wrong.

Love = Really wanting to be with someone for their personality, their spiritual attractiveness, or just plain out of true love

Lust = Only actually wanting to be with someone because of their body, paying little or no attention to their mind, but wanting to be with them because of a strong sexual (or other physical) attraction

Really, what honestly drives your relationships?

Poll Edited by Wumingsden; 1 option removed.

I think, it's love.. no no I dont think... but believe that it's love.
Citizen Kane
haha, a strong poll indeed. I had a couple of relationships were the attraction was mainly physical. and I think a lot of people do have them. especially men tend to overlook the mind and personality of their partner.

But now I am in a relationship because physical attraction wasn't the initial trigger to like eachother. Plain looks didn't do it this time, I wasn't even attracted to her in the first place, although I like her figure as she is. This time things were about making a choice, based upon what you feel in your heart. no more nailing around, no more sniffing pussy, no more looking around. This time I chose my girlfriend because their was this common sense in her (which lacked in other relationships I've had) and although she wasn't the easiest person to be with, she was PLEASANT to be with and I eventually fell in love with her. she was really nice!! I love her personnality, her way of doing and her way of life. I loved the whole feeling she gave me. I wasn't looking at her as some walking method of procreating, but as a whole other (new) person in which I could reflect and could find peace of mind.

I think this is truly love. I (!) made a choice, not my yanker.
indianinworld
As far as my knowledge goes, before 25 - how ever you term the Love as - It is just LUST.

You tend to fall in Love with the Beauty. But not with the Person. Wink

keep smiling
m00tmuffin
Lust, I think, is what has to be there intially to drive all relationships at first, or to drive them to even start. "Lust" at first sight makes more sense then "love" at first sight...there has to be some initial, base attraction. I'm not talking about being in a relationship where you feel nothing but lust and that's why you're staying together with them, just because of your attraction toward their body and such, I'm referring to the lust you might feel for someone before you even talk to them, by just looking at them. (Though sometimes that deep lust might not even happen until after you start to fall in love, if your partner isn't super particularly attractive, hehe.) So initially, the lust propells the beginning of your relationship, where you figure out things about your partner and enjoy doing stuff for the first time with them, but after a while, when you fall in love, then the love holds it together.

Kind of relating to this is how the Greeks had four types of "love": agape, eros, philia, and storge. Agape is "modern love" and refers to the ideal and "pure" type of love rather then eros, which is usually considered to be lust--it's the passionate love, involving desire and romance and "love of the body." Philia is "friendship love" and relates to family/community/friends/etc...and storge is affection, and is usually used in relation to the affection parents feel for their kids.

But, overall, I don't think that it's a bad thing to have lust drive your relationship at first--it's sort of necessary, in a way. But after a while, ideally, you should "evolve" with your partner and reach a point where your lust turns into genuine affection and then later into love.
Tasa
You are missing an important option. Both love and lust. I mean I love my littleone I made an agreement to spend the rest of time with her. I close my eyes and she her smiling face hear her laugh and I want to hold her and talk to her and just be with her.

At the same time she is Hot, I enjoy touching her I enjoy her touching me. I love the physical connection we have.

But if I must pick one I would say love I would happly give up her body for being with her.