FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does playing games count as hobby?

yaashop
I like playing games so much and i think i cant live without it XD especially online games it make me addicted to it( what a bad game!) before i like to do sport as a hobby but now everyday i just stay at home and playing games after or free from works. what's yr opinion?
Freezon
In my opinion, even playing games is a hobby. I think a hobby is just an activity you enjoy doing in a sort of habitial manner.
Traveller
Sure, games can be hobbies. Since there is already a forum for games, however, that would probably be the best place to discuss them.
TeenZine
Good question ????
bonestorm74
Yes I agree that they are a hobby, in some ways I think you could even class them as a sport.

I mean, take Counter Strike as an example. The gameplay is relatively simple but you still need a lot of knowledge about how the game works to get good at it. You need to know which weapon to use in which situation, where to go on a map, when to reload etc. Plus you need excellent hand-eye coordination and those twitch reflexes.

Darts is a sport, but you only really need to know how to aim to get good at darts. So maybe CS should be a sport?!

Or maybe I'm just tooo big a nerd...
sour_lemon_1k
it should be!

hobbies are defined as something you do to pass time or something you like to do and do often. playing games, if you like to do that and you do it often, would count as a hobby.

but, it wouldn't look good on your college application. Wink
hlavco
I don't really count gaming as a hobby. It's like... everybody does it. Like eating. Smile Eating isn't a hobby of mine. If almost everybody in the world collected stamps, I wouldn't really call it a hobby. More of an... activity.

But maybe I'm just weird.

About the sports thing, I think sports require you to move around a bit. In darts, you throw things. Only my little brother throws his controller. Very Happy DDR could be a sport (and is a sport in Norway). But video games in general: Not a sport.
Dillydally
I would classify games as a hobby. A very very fun hobby ^_^ Well like the other guys said, a hobby is something you do to pass time and have fun! I just wish they wouldn't pass time so fast....
But I would play games AND play sports. So I don't get fat lol ^_^
ashok
definitely.. it can be classified as a hobby.
ashen
I think playing games is a hobby too!
carolinehjkim
Playing game is definitely a hobby but it's kind of general.
you can say
"playing sims is my hobby"
"playing super mario is my hobby"
"playing tennis game is hobby"
"playing card game is my hobby'
game is kind of general thing so you can specify it. Very Happy