FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why are not to much drawers?

albusa
I was thinking about it if be a drawer, or simply an artist could be a elite group, because you see a lot of singers, a lot of dancer, but not to much drawers and painters, or sculptors, so what do you think about it do we are an elite group?
noliver
Well the problem with being an artist ( sketcher/painter ) is that art is very subjective. That means not everybody wil like what you do. Even if your picture it perfect in your point of view - someone else will hate it.

I, for instance think Abstract art is a a joke. Its takes no real talent to paint a few circles and squares and to call it a painting ( in my opinion ). If I do an oil painting of say- a leopard, it takes me days just to put the spots in the right place.

In abstract art they dont seem to care where the spots go Smile . So - art/painting/sketching drawing is pretty much how popular the "other people make you ".

Even some of the classic masters went through years and years of poverty. One day some rich Baron walked into their studio and declared them to be a magnificent artist and they suddenly were selling paintings that they never could sell before.

I would think anybody that can create something is an elite person. It takes a lot to create something and then to expose it to someone and ask their opinion. You have to be very thick-skinned.

Cheers,
Nick.
(somewhat of an artist)
Hi33
I don't know why i guess I have never thought of it.