FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music and Film Industry Gossip, News and More (May 21st)

essentialmedia
ANOTHER LATE POST SORRY....

All the news, gossip and rumors that are fit to print....

1. PEARL JAM HEADQUARTERS MAY GET THE AXE
Pearl Jam recently moved into a new office complex in Seattle only to find out that their new digs may soon be demolished for a waste treatment facility. Well that pretty much sucks.

2. OH LORDI WHAT THE HELL?
So the Eurovision contest has ended and the winner is: LORDI from Finland. For those who don't know the Eurovision contest is basically a battle of the bands between entire countries and they take it very seriously. Well the russkies are pissed because the Finns won, and I am pissed because some whack jobs in latex (See Here) won a contest based on musical talent.

3. DOG GETS CHAINED
Duane "Dog" Chapman finally married his 16 year partner Beth. I know we all thought they were married anyway. It was bittersweet though as the wedding on Saturday was only one day after Dog's daughter Barbara was killed in a car accident in Alaska. Just goes to show you can't keep the Dog down, or at least a guy in a mullet with way too much jewelry.

4. BRITNEY ALMOST FUMBLES THE BABY
Britney, not exactly mom of the year, was walking out of a Manhattan hotel when she stumbled and almost dropped Sean Preston. His head snapped back and his little hat went flying, he escaped without physical injury thanks to a security guard that kept mom Britney from falling on her face. As for psychological injury, well that damage has been done, I mean come on Mom is Britney Spears? So the tally is, one drive with the baby in the lap, one baby sitter dropping the baby on the floor and now Brit almost drops the baby on a sidewalk. Sounds like a bad start for little Sean Preston.

5. DANCE NAKED NOW I DARE YOU
Richard Hatch, the strange naked fat man we all watched in horror during the first Survivor, has been sentenced to 4 years and 3 months for Tax Evasion and Perjury. Think he will march around the cellblock naked like he did on the beach? If so he might quickly find out which "Hatch" they prefer down on cell block D.

6. LIMO DRIVER vs. DIDDY
Diddy settled the lawsuit filed against him by ex-limo driver Cedrick Bobby Lemon. Lemon claims that Diddy's possee beat the piss out of him as he was hanging outside Mary J. Blige's dressing room in 1995. Lemon probably didn't get much if anything out of Diddy as the lawsuit was pretty much BS anyway. Well I guess if you are hanging out backstage and someone tells you to move you better.

7. CAGE GETS SECOND ROCK
It must be nice to be Nicholas Cage? He purchased his second private Bahamian island this week for a meager $3 Million. Well I guess that is one way to avoid the papparazzi. Word is there is going to be one hell of a housewarming party in September, invite only of course, interested parties will have to remain interested and just imagine it because your probably aren't invited. I'll make sure I post pics for you though Wink

8. J-LO GETS REAL
Okay I have a reality show and now J-LO has a reality show, damn copy cats. I think my show which is based around rock celebrity stylist Jake Gravbrot and titled "My Warped Life" has a lot more potential than the show J-LO is putting together called "Moves" and is based around some dancers trying to break into the business. I think we should settle this with a little old school action, my team (Jake, myself, The Warped Tour and my crew) versus J-Lo and her dancers. We would so kick their little dancing booties.

9. SECOND INSTALLMENT OF CHRONICLES OF NARNIA DELAYED
Disney is delaying the second installment of the Chronicles of Narnia until Summer of 2008. Not that the first film was that great anyway, so I don't think anyone will be to upset about it.

10. RAP AND THE BRITS DON'T MIX
So Snoop Dogg is no longer allowed in the UK due to an incident a while back and now DMX has been arrested for causing a scene on a London to New York flight. Wouldn't it be nice if people could become successful without becoming ******?

11. THOM YORKE ALL ALONE
July 11th is the date set for the release of Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke's solo album titled "The Eraser". Should be interesting.

12. YOUNG JEEZY GETS LUCKY
Yep he's a survivor, Young Jeezy gets the charges against him dropped. He had been up on gun charges stemming from a March 10th shooting incident in Miami, but all charges have been dissmissed due to lack of evidence. So how about becoming successful and not becoming stupid, can we do that?

13. RED HOT RESPECT
It took 23 years as a band but the Red Hot Chili Peppers have finally landed a number one album with Stadium Arcadium. Much love and mad respect to the boys.

14. HANG OUT WITH THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS
Well you can virtually at least. Interscope and the Pussycat Dolls have launched the Pussycat Dolls Lounge, it is an online virtual nightclub where fans and online geeks can virtually "hang out", chat and "Dance". The Dolls themselves even log in from time to time to "hang out". So my question is: If you can walk around this virtual "club" and check things out and hang out with virtual "people", can you go in the virtual "bathroom" to find virtual "rockstars" doing virtual "coke" off the virtual "countertops" or at least virtual "groupies" puking up their virtual "booze"?

15. GET TO WORK DAMNIT!
Green Day is finally off their long deserved vacation and they are back to work on new "very exciting" stuff. After the last outing it should be very exciting to see what they have in store for us this time.

16. BYE BRENT, BUT DON'T PANIC!
Panic! at the Disco bassist Brent Wilson left the band Wednesday, some say it was amicable some say it was otherwise. Some reported gunfire (just kidding). Either way, he is out and a new bass player has yet to be found but don't Panic! they will be in fine shape for their first headlining tour this June with Ok Go.

17. UNWRITTEN HITS
Unwritten Law's greatest hits album "Hit List" is scheduled to be released in August through Artist to Market Distribution (A2M). Sounds like a must have album to me.

18. DUSTIN GOES SOLO
Thrice badass and frontman Dustin Kensrue will be doing a series of shows on both the East and West Coasts all by his lonesome. He has some great acts laying with him, so these should be some pretty cool shows you won't want to miss. Here are the dates:
July 27 Philadelphia, PA @ Northstar Bar w/Ben Nichols (Lucero)
July 28 Allston, MA @ The ICC w/Ben Nichols (Lucero)
July 29 New York, NY @ Knitting Factory w/Ben Nichols (Lucero)
July 30 Asbury Park, NJ @ Club Deep w/Ben Nichols (Lucero)
August 2 San Diego, CA @ SOMA Sidestage w/Chuck Regan (ex-Hot Water Music)
August 3 Tempe, AZ @ Clubhouse w/Chuck Regan (ex-Hot Water Music)
August 4 Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues Las Vegas Courtyard w/Chuck Regan (ex-Hot Water Music)
August 5 W. Hollywood, CA @ Troubadour w/Chuck Regan (ex-Hot Water Music)
August 6 San Francisco, CA @ The Swedish American Hall w/Chuck Regan (ex-Hot Water Music)

19. CASEY HAS HAD ENOUGH OF THE SIRENS
Guitarist Casey Crescenzo has left The Receiving End of Sirens to concentrate on his solo project Deerhunter (Triple Crown). No worries though TREOS will still be touring and meeting all of their obligations this summer.

20. CIRCA SURVIVE HEADLINING TOUR
Circa Survive has announced their first headlining tour to go down this summer. Dates are here:

6/30-7/25 w/ Receiving End Of Sirens, YouInSeries and Days Away
7/25-8/14 w/ Receiving End Of Sirens, Portugal The Man & Keating

6/30 Asbury Park, NJ Stone Pony
7/1 Hartford , CT Webster Theatre
7/3 Pittsburgh, PA Mr. Small's Theatre
7/4 Toronto , ONT Opera House
7/5 Rochester , NY Water Street Music Hall
7/6 Cleveland, OH Grog Shop
7/7 Chicago, IL Logan Square
7/8 Minneapolis, MN Triple Rock
7/9 Milwaukee , WI The Eagle's Club
7/11 Nashville, TN Exit/In
7/12 Greensboro, NC Greene St. Club
7/13 Norfolk, VA The Norva
7/14 Atlanta, GA Masquerade
7/15 St. Petersburg/Tampa, FL State Theatre
7/16 Ft. Lauderdale, FL The Culture Room
7/18 Orlando, FL The Social
7/19 Tallahassee, FL Beta Bar
7/21 Houston, TX Warehouse Live
7/22 Dallas, TX The Door
7/23 San Antonio, TX White Rabbit
7/25 Tempe, AZ The Clubhouse
7/26 Las Vegas, NV Jillian's
7/27 Hollywood, CA Henry Fonda Theatre
7/28 San Diego, CA House of Blues
7/29 Pomona, CA Glasshouse
7/30 Santa Cruz, CA The Catalyst
7/31 San Francisco, CA Slim's
8/2 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theatre
8/3 Seattle, WA El Corazon
8/4 Boise, ID The Venue
8/5 Salt Lake City, UT Avalon Theatre
8/6 Denver , CO Marquis Theatre
8/8 St. Louis , MO Mississippi Nights
8/9 Covington, KY Jillian's Tower
8/10 Towson, MD Recher Theatre
8/11 New York , NY Irving Plaza
8/12 Philadelphia , PA TLA
8/14 Boston, MA Avalon

21. OH NORMA JEAN
The new Norma Jean album drops on August 15th through Solid State. Yeah buddy.

22. THIS ALBUM IS DONE YOU SNAKE!
These Arms are Snakes have finished recording their new album "Easter" which is scheduled to drop on October 9th.

Okay I think that is all the juice I have for tonight. Hit me up with questions, comments and or concerns.

Shane Jay Hayes
EssentiaL Media Group