FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Post Voting System + Expanded Profile

alkady
I have two idea right now.

One being a system where people rate the Post to give others a heads up on whether they should check the post or not and even a Flagging System to warn others of spam or unappropriate content.

Another is an Expanded Profile where people can write more about themselves so others can get to know them better.
Blaster
introduction forums.....

And i dont' think it is a good idea for that. It is getting to compicated...
Scorpio
Quote:
14) Post reporting system

Things that must not be suggested. I think that may apply for the reputation system as well.
n0obie4life
Redundant in my opninion.

The extended profile thing can be done in the introductions forum..and obviously the other one isn't allowed to be suggested Wink.
DarthSilus
A voting system would be fantastic. Perhaps a "top forums" page that has pages listed on there that are the most active currently. This would be great for obvious reasons, because although the featured froums are great, they all get locked, old, and useless to the user. But, for a brief period of time, they are great. So, another one, pehaps controlled by PHP using votes, rates the boards and individual forums.

Expanded bio space is not entirely necessary, but we could make it somehow have an IFRAME in which we can have any webpage we want come through it. Saves server space, yet satisfys our need to express our deepest pesonality traits to strangers Wink .

That's my two cents. NOIW LET'S MAKE THESE BOARDS BETTER!
simplyw00x
Why aren't we allowed to suggest something like that? It would make everything much easier and might actually add some benefit to making god posts instead of borderline spam ones.
Bondings
Rating posts - No, I hate that.
Flagging/reporting posts - Yes, but will take a while before being implemented.
Expanded Profile - I used to be thinking of something similar, but it certainly doesn't have much priority. Not with an iframe-website though.

simplyw00x, that's because those are/were being suggested all the time and it doesn't help a thing. Some are certainly not going to be implemented and some other are already planned but will take ages at least (or just a few days in other cases).
simplyw00x
Quote:
Yes, but will take a while before being implemented.

Err. Why?

I appreciate you have a lot to do, but spam is becoming an epidemic here at frihost and it's making browsing a chore. I'm sure it can't be fun or quick for the mods to root out all the bad posts themselves either. This would save a _lot_ of time in not very long at all, encourage community participation and also a greater understanding of and compliance with the rules. Just some thoughts..
Bondings
It needs to be completely integrated with/coded for Frihost in specific. Using an existing mod would only mean more work instead of less.

The mod you specified doesn't seem bad, but certainly lacks a few important features and of course no integration with Frihost. It may be a help for ideas, but that's it.