FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ROCK MUSIC

gibsonguitarfreak
Hey, Whats up folks!! Who likes rock round here? THe ROCK that puts fire in your step? Ya, capital stuff is what i'm talking bout.

Bands like LEd Zeppelin, Metallica, Deep Purple, THe WHo, Pink FLoyd, Spoons, THe Hives, Artic Monkeys, Nirvana, George Thorogood, Atari, Strokes, Scorpions, Smiley Faces, Gorillaz, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin (again), and many more?

What other bands you guys like??????
schudder
I see several bands in there that aren't rock... Metallica (metal), Pink Floyd (too experimental and mellow to be rock imho, though good music) and Gorillaz (don't know what they are, but it's one of the most boring "bands" I've ever heard and def. not rock) come to mind...

In any case, I do like rock & metal music, it's pretty much the only kind of music that can be found in my vast music collection.
Mr Smith
My grandfather also collects rocks, although I haven't heard about the rocks that you have listed above, are you sure that they are genuine? You may have been ripped off. =/
gibsonguitarfreak
my last post was just to earn points and i jotted down any band i could think of.

THe actual bands i like are

Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Loverboy, Scorpions, The Who, Stryper, Def Leppard, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Black Crowes, and many more.

As for Gorillaz, THEY SO SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bonestorm74
Pink Floyd and Zep are cool. Tool is my favourite band, even though their last album probably wasn't up to scratch (in terms of their very high standard).

They are the reason I first picked up a guitar and started to play, cos I just wanted to play their songs. Wink
Andrew426
I like KISS, AC/DC, THE RAMONES, Shihad and the sex pistols, as well as many other bands.

Normally when I tell people I like KISS they start saying that they think KISS is crap, but when I ask them if they have heard any KISS songs they ushually just shrug their shoulders and make a comment about their makeup.

I dont know why so many people say KISS is crap, just because they think that the makeup is some kind of novelty, yet they have never even bothered to listen to their music.

KISS play a broard range of music, from "Beth" to "God of thunder", yet people still think they can hear only 1 song (or in some cases none) and form an opinion on that band.

Rant off...
gibsonguitarfreak
ya, KISS is pretty good. Some guy at my local guitar store is doing a kiss reunion concert here in Minneapolis. Ya, and Def Leppard and Journey are coming too! It's going to ROCK! Hey has anyone heard of the band "SPoon"??? I wonder when my guitar will break. oh ya that's a happy thought for a cloudy day. ya, like once my neck snapped off, but it didn't matter cuz the guitar was only like twenty buckaroos. not much, it sounded like crap but at least it was cheap. now i am trying to settle for a gibson les paul standard with fifties neck.

bye
conicon
What is rock these days? How do you define rock anymore? Nowadays there are so many subgenres of music that I can't keep track of where they originated from. Emo, Screamo, hardcore, brocore, metal, black metal, death metal, nu metal, alternative rock, punk rock, punk, ska, and the list goes on.

However the one genre that I find of interest on principle alone is alternative rock, like there weren't enough ambiguous sub-genres of rock.

Does anybody know just how many genres of music there are? And if so who belongs in what genre?

P.S. I forgot to mention post rock like god speed you black emporer and Om. I actually like OM.
kazza
There is grunge rock which I think Silverchair (an Aussie Band) belongs to. Is Good Charlotte punk rock? There's pop rock too which I think I lot of the chick rockers (eg, the veronicas and Hillary duff) fall into.
nevillethenerd
Here's a hot tip. Check out Robin Black and the Intergalactic Rock Stars. they are going to be massive http://www.robinblackrocks.com. You want other cool underground stuff? check out the Love Injections http://www.loveinjections.com/
telugulive2006
hey dude you have aasked a question which is not much liked by me. But anyways i want to mention something about this rock music. I have a lecturer in my college who is very much fond of the rock music, he used to tell me to download the songs of various bands which i never know at all. But thorugh him i liked the songs and heared it. The favorite band of mine is steppenwolf and also new order. This too are my favorite. The best song is ostrich of steppenwolf and jetstream lover. This song really rocks me and it brings josh to me.
anthonygerbils
hey i love rock music too i love linkin park, greenday and when blink 182 were around them too, i also like nirvana and other rock bands but 1 thing

ROCK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thealpha
I like Rock music veru much, however, rocks are not common in hong Kong, I know rock music is very popular in foreign countries, right? Although Hong Kong Singers are not famous to sing rock songs, Hong Kong do have some famous rock band and songs. Do you have any recommendation for me to listening to the foreign rock musics?
hErockZ
i like rock music too. headbanging is so much fun and its sounds crazy, but it gives power to me... Twisted Evil
sugarbox
i Love Rock too but i'm not a rock girl. Smile
foodman
well there alot of great rock band out there: pink floyd, the doors, the eagles, zepplin, the beatles, the rolling stones, genesis, jimi hendrix, def leppard, qUEEN......

rock is so much beter than rap, but thats for another topic
lors
I've always been a fan of rock. I love AC/DC and Van Halen, I wish these bands would put out some new stuff.
agustin
AC/DC!!!!! they are great! the greatest band ever!!!! angus rip it and also brian jhonson!!!! I used to went crazy listening acdc--- its damn good...
viviemaster
I like
nirvana
coldplay(dont know if its rock)
red hot chili pepers!!
AC/DC
Greenday(it is rock or not so??)
en some more metal bands like
Linkin park
Slip knot
and some more
Razz
yushaayush
Well the Rock music really rocks..
i like the followin bands:
LP
...nirvana
,creed
,oasis/greenday
,corrs
,Led Zeppelin,
Megadeth,
Rammstein,
Guns 'n Roses,
Aerosmith,
Godsmack,
Nickelback,
AC/DC, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi,
Evanescence, Hatebreed and
Seether....
although some of the above may not be exactly rock....but they srill rox!!
Afaceinthematrix
I like Papa Roach and Rise Against. Those are my favorites, but I'm not too picky. I like almost anything.
chrisallard5454
LEd Zeppelin, Metallica, Deep Purple, THe WHo, Pink FLoyd, Spoons, THe Hives, Artic Monkeys, Nirvana, George Thorogood, Atari, Strokes, Scorpions, Smiley Faces, Gorillaz, Van Halen, But metallica is my favorite band ever
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
Eagles of death metal is THE rock band I love! They are very stupid and their music rocks a lot! Try to watch one of their music clip! it's amazing!
login-myspace19
if u like rock music or have a rock band, then u should go to strictlyrock.com look at whats goin on there! it is really cool! they also sell rock merchandise!
hiquality
I love rock music A LOT.Especially punk and alternative

Here are some of the bands that i listen : System of a Down , Nirvana , Billy Talent , Disturbed , Gorrilaz , Linkin Park , Green Day . SlipKnot , Godsmack , Nickelback , AC/DC , Evanescence , Red Hot Chili Peppers , and last but not lest PAPA ROACH Very HappyVery Happy
arquivo
rock is to roll, doesnt matter the kind of rock or the style...
when somebody ask me if i like rock, i dont feel free to answer "yes i like rock" because what i like is the "roll" part... so, from Johnny Cash'n roll to White Stripes'n roll i will enjoy...
gtherockgod
schudder wrote:
I see several bands in there that aren't rock... Metallica (metal), Pink Floyd (too experimental and mellow to be rock imho, though good music) and Gorillaz (don't know what they are, but it's one of the most boring "bands" I've ever heard and def. not rock) come to mind...

In any case, I do like rock & metal music, it's pretty much the only kind of music that can be found in my vast music collection.

Oh mannn did you just say Pink Floyd AREN'T A ROCK BAND? Shocked jesus, they're one of the most influential PROGRESSIVE rock bands of all time.

And as for Metallica not being rock- nearly all metal can be classified as rock, seeing as how its merely a more extreme version of it.

Yeah, im a rockaholic.
I cant live without rockahol.
safatech
rock.. any recommended mucis.. guy..?
sent me some url plz..
takashiro
I prefer pop music to rock music. By the way, I guess the thread should be post in music forum.
hlavco
I like rock music, but mostly only classic rock. I'm not a fan of most of the newer stuff.
Stevezorr
I used to like classic rock, but now the only form of rock I like is progressive rock, just Rush in particular. I have moved on to thrash, speed, power and progressive metal. Smile
dougblackjr
I'm with some of you who enjoy Pink Floyd and such?

Are there any heavy music fans? August Burns Red, Chiodos, Inhale Exhale?

Anyone?

~ Doug
Dyspepsia
I listen lot of rock music. My favorit bands are Children of bodom, norther, metallica, helloween, judas priest etc.
dungeon
Hy everyone,

i love death metal and grindcore,

my favourite bands are carcass, Berzerker, Rotten sound

Check it Wink
drunk3n_f1st
gibsonguitarfreak wrote:
Hey, Whats up folks!! Who likes rock round here? THe ROCK that puts fire in your step? Ya, capital stuff is what i'm talking bout.

Bands like LEd Zeppelin, Metallica, Deep Purple, THe WHo, Pink FLoyd, Spoons, THe Hives, Artic Monkeys, Nirvana, George Thorogood, Atari, Strokes, Scorpions, Smiley Faces, Gorillaz, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin (again), and many more?

What other bands you guys like??????

definitely the strokes they're frekin amazing
Thamerwaste
I like the FOO FIGHTERS, LED ZEP, GREEN DAY, OZZY OSBOURNE, KISS, LORDI, ALICE COOPER, WHITESNAKE, POISON, and many many more Razz
deanhills
I also like classic rock and heavy metal music. Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Santana, Journey, Queen, guitarists and artists like Brian May, Freddie Mercury, Gary Moore, Joe Cocker, Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart, Jimi Hendrix, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Elton John ...
poppat
As usual the older bands are the best: Led Zep, Black Sabbath, etc

I like Jet (Oz band) and I think the Zutons have done a few great rock tracks, but are essentially pop.

For me AC/DC rock the most.

poppat
burntup56
I listen to a lot of punk metal and other genres. Some of my favorite bands are:

Story of the Year, Four Year Strong, Lostprophets, Senses Fail, Taking Back Sunday, sevendust, new found glory.

ofcourse there are the originals too like jimi hendrix, led zeppelin, haha and the black magic woman is about the only song i like from santana
kristofer
black rebel motorcycle club...!!!!!!
kristofer
if we΄re talking about new music.. led zeppelin did quite alright Cool
dbershevits
I like classic rock, and basicly any type of rock.
jwellsy
I am tired of all the 40 year old rock music.
I prefer newer alternative rock or college music,
stuff that has never been in the top 20 played to death bubblegum lists.
SimdudeS
I'm a fan of just about all music (but country)... and my problem with answering a questions like 'name some good rock bands' is:

What counts as rock? Genres are so blended now-a-days. It's quite impossible for the most part to categorize most bands and artists... So i just go with the easier answer of I like it all...
Z0DIAC
Here is a list of some music I like:
Iron Maiden.
Bullet For My Valentine.
P.O.D.
Guns N' Roses.
The Used.
War Of Ages.
Fear Factory.
Linkin Park.
As I Lay Dying.
Senses Fail.
30 Seconds to Mars.
Stick to Your Guns.
The Devil Wears Prada.
Renfue.
Hollywood Undead.
Phinehas.
Alien Ant Farm.
Culled Circle.
Three Days Grace.
Switchfoot.
Avenged Sevenfold.
System Of A Down.
Cellador.
Staind.
Trapt.
Lostprophets.
Dragon Force.
Twisted Sister.
Disturbed.
Underoath.
Godsmack.
Rage Against the Machine.
First Blood.
Judas Priest.
Black Sabbath.
Lamb of God.
Mindless Self Indulgence.
The Bravery.
Napalm Death.
Suffocation.
Fentruck.
Z0DIAC
SimdudeS wrote:
I'm a fan of just about all music (but country)... and my problem with answering a questions like 'name some good rock bands' is:

What counts as rock? Genres are so blended now-a-days. It's quite impossible for the most part to categorize most bands and artists... So i just go with the easier answer of I like it all...

I am with you on that one. I love mostly every type of music, I just don't like country to much and that goes for jazz as well. If you notice from my list of music I am more of a rock & metal type of guy.
poppat
I love ACDC. Angus Young is the greatest guitarist in the world and Bon Scott had the best voice before he tragically died. Those were the days I would love to go back to purely to experience the first time I heard 'Whole Lotta Rosie' again (LP If You Want Blood You've Got It).

poppat
mikakiev
I was a BIG fan of silverchair-"I am a freak of nature..." "In the year of 2000" They were not bad those days.
Battle_Off
I find the newer rock to be to much like Metal.

And Im not a big fan of metal.

I like Meatloaf, though that is more rock n roll.

I have recently discovered a group from the 60s and 70s, called ELO, the electric Light Orchestra, If you are a fan of old school rock, that is the band to listen to
dbershevits
Here is a list of some music I like:
Iron Maiden.
Bullet For My Valentine.
Guns N' Roses.
Linkin Park.
Renfue.
Hollywood Undead.
Phinehas.
Alien Ant Farm.
Culled Circle.
Three Days Grace.
Switchfoot.
Avenged Sevenfold.
System Of A Down.
Cellador.
Staind.
Trapt.
Lostprophets.
Dragon Force.
Twisted Sister.
Disturbed.
Underoath.
Godsmack.
Rage Against the Machine.
soljarag
Here are a few i like:

Disturbed
Korn
Linkin Park
Tool
Adema
Red hot chili pepers
Staind
Green Day

and...

Maserati (if you have never heard them, check them out... there are no lyrics, but this sh*t jams)
bobnorth
metal and rock rules, how can you listen to dance it's so annoying.
my fav bands are:
Metallica,
Iron Maiden,
Slipknot,
Led Zepplein,
machine head,
Guns n' roses,
rage against the machine,
weezer,
disturbed,
pantera,
megadeth,
black sabbath,
ACDC,
Audioslave,
Def leppard,
whitesnake,
ZZ top,
red hot chilli peppers,
scorpions,
Alice Cooper,
judas preist
and so on but I hate indie and that stupid pop rock rubbish.
the old stuff is always the best
lpgotti
I'm a big fan of power metal. I love bands like sonata arctica, dragonforce, angra, celladoor etc. The guitar work is usually really good.
annipsa
Z0DIAC wrote:
SimdudeS wrote:

I am with you on that one. I love mostly every type of music, I just don't like country to much and that goes for jazz as well. If you notice from my list of music I am more of a rock & metal type of guy.

I agree both of you. I couldn't say it better.
west18
Gotta stick with the classics, Bob Seger, Alman Brothers, .....Steppenwolf!
kriszara
I love classic rock!
All time favorite is Queen, my biggest regret is never seeing them live-in-concert.
For vocals there is Triumph, Styx, Journey, Meatloaf
For gettin' up and moving there is Southern-Fried rock - CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd
For raw power there is Zeppelin and The Who
Then came the 80's and the hair bands, some of which could actually play - Motley Crue, Van Halen, Guns N Roses,
Hard Rock and Metal - Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Ozzy, Metallica,
I occassionally get surprised by new bands, digging Nickelback right now.

Kristine

Knightly Games has great deals on comics and games.
jessicawalker
I think I'm mostly into the indie type of music. I love Bright Eyes, Iron and Wine, Wilco, Death Cab, Postal Service, Feist, Bon Iver, Cursive, Animal Liberation Orchestra, Matt Costa, The Mars Volta, The Shins, MGMT... You know.

But when it comes to rock, here are some bands I love (that I consider to be more of the rock persuasion): Tool, Primus, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Audioslave, Stone Temple Pilots, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, At the Drive In, The Raconteurs, Foo Fighters, and many more...
la_Duchess
I love...

Bon Jovi
Aerosmith
Kid Rock
Cold Play
Alice in Chains
Nine Inch Nails