FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does anybody like X-Men?

Media_Entertainment
Hi out there,

just wanted to know, if there are some X-Men fans out there?

If you like them: Who do you like most?

My favourite is Wolverine, for sure!

Let me know!

Bye
Alein_Atryda_III
Well, I was reading X-men in past and I still have strong feelings towards it. I liked X-factor series too(which was bassically X-men Very Happy). Wolverine is cool, Cyclops is Gay, Magneto is magnificent Smile I stopped reading X-men when there was that saga... fatal relations or something, where Xavier killed Magneto. I quess it is so old that you can't really call it a spoiler. And there are so many strange x-men series that came out recently that tell old stories again...

I liked Jim Lee's(if I recall the name) pictures. You know, back then they were wearing yellow suits, there was Bishop, Jubilee, Gambit, all that "go-to-space/future" sagas... just fun Smile

Sorry, this post might be kinda unstable but I went into remembering ol' good times.

Oh... and my last chapter was Cyclops and Phoenix's(whatever her real name was) marriage.
Media_Entertainment
yeah, you're right Cyclopse is gay...

Btw: How much do you like the movies?
Do you think, that they are made well?

I was positively surprised!

Excuse my english.
TeK
I use to love X-men when I was younger. I still have a stash of X-men comics collecting dust in my closet. I also have a few of the novels in my bookcase as well. The show was pretty good back in the day too. Too bad the movies all sucked...
ColdFire
i loooooove Psylocke. Oh mama! sooo sexy! Twisted Evil
dac_nip
i love X-MEN, ever since i was young. i have those comics and magazines still stock in our house..maybe it turned into dust now. hehe, i also used to draw them, and my favorite character is wolverine. and what the heck, tomorrow would be the showing of their new X-MEN movie, i'll sure will watch that,.
TeenZine
xmen sucks sorry i hate them.
HDirtwater
TeenZine wrote:

What a great post. Thank you so much for offering such enlightened discussion. IMO, people who post this @#$! should get points taken away. Sheesh.

Xmen was a great comic back in the days of Byrne/Claremont, but in the 90s, it got a bit over the top, and with the movies, it has gotten worse and worse. Same with Spider-Man.
Scaramanga
HDirtwater wrote:
TeenZine wrote:

What a great post. Thank you so much for offering such enlightened discussion. IMO, people who post this @#$! should get points taken away. Sheesh.

So people are not entitled to opinions these days?

As for my OWN opinions, I used to like X-men, pre-Ultimates. And come to think of it, pre the huge comics boom in the mid 90s. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the art of people like Jim Lee and Whilce Portacio (let's just pretend Rob Liefeld doesn't exist,) but the industry, and especially the X-titles (of which there were like 10) was just pissing me off. Every other month it seemed like there was some lame crossover with variant-holofoil covers.

As for my favourite character, it's easily Magneto. I mean c'mon, people think Wolverine is badass? He can't hold a candle to Magneto.
</geekery>
HDirtwater
So people are not entitled to opinions these days?

Not if they don't have something legitimate to say. To say something sucks and give no reason for it is a total cop out and just plain lazy, not to mention spam for this board. If he/she said why it sucks, then that's fine.
rightclickscott
As far as opinions go, it's not that people shouldn't be entitled to their own opinions, it's that people should explain why they have these opinions, like you did, Scaramanga. People who just say "it suxs" do deserve to have points taken away, unless they say "it suxs because the oufits are stupid," then it's slightly acceptable. Any person who compares something to being gay shouldn't have, and most of the time, doesn't, have a full, well thought out opinion, since when was being gay ever a bad thing? It's prejudice!

I never payed that much attention to the X-Men, but I did watch that crappy television show that was on FOX, because I had nothing better to watch. It did give Wolverine a very much needed bad-ass voice, because Wolverine will and always will kick so much ass.
exarkun
I like storm more, as her ability seemed more god-like Wink

And I don't really like beast, as he depends mainly on his big-size body and his strength.
NewGuyinTown
I like the X-Men movies, but I don't like the cartoon of it... for unknown reasons.

My favorite character was Wolverine when I first watch the cartoon (older ones). I didn't like Cyclops... maybe because Wolverine hates him too.
Thug
Sup, yea the Xman cartoons where realy good. Allot better then the movies in my opinion. Movies never keep it true to the storyline from the cartoons thats so wack.

Anyway my favourite X-men is Wolverine for sure and after that Storm
talonsmallville
I do, I do, I do.
I just loved X-men - movie, cartoon, comics, everthing. I just didnt try yet the games about the Mutants.
speedlikecy
me also....
yesterday just go to watch the movie
x-men III

i like jean...she have biggest power....
fenfool
I'm an X-Men fan, though I really preferred the New Mutants back in the day...Cypher & Warlock, Magik, Wolfsbane, Cannonball, Plasma, Karma...fun stuff. I stopped collecting altogether around the mid-90's, I just get the occasional graphic novel or collection now.
talonsmallville
Hi people,

I had colection about X-men (commics) but a long time I cant read anything. I read something another day that Jean Grey is dead again is that true?
wietn
I like X-men also
Saw the film a couple of days ago...
it was fun and a nice film Smile
ddukki
I'm not really what you'd call a fanatic, but I have read up on it a little on Wikipedia. It's just really interesting to read their extensive background stories; they're not even real people, but they have full biographies! Bobby Drake, Iceman, is my favorite.
bluefossil
I don't watch or read the comics, but I do enjoy the x-men movies. Jean is super hot!
Nikkori
I like the movie, X-Men 3, but i dont know if that was canon to the comics.. I wasn't reading comics...
Nikkori
wietn wrote:
I like X-men also
Saw the film a couple of days ago...
it was fun and a nice film Smile

Yes that was fascinating! Nice special-effects!
Axl Horse
I like Wolverine. Help save all the Mutants and Humans by saying to Jean: “I Love you.” Then stabbed with his Adamantium claw…It is the only way to sacrifice his feel affection for…
Scaramanga
Nikkori wrote:
I like the movie, X-Men 3, but i dont know if that was canon to the comics.. I wasn't reading comics...

It wasn't canon at all. And while he first two films weren't strictly canon either, at least they captured the ESSENSE of the comics, under Singer's direction. And that's the last I'm going to say about the movie(s); if you want you can discuss the film here, in the proper forum.

One thing I think I came to realize when I reread my old X-Men comics once I was older, was that the stories were simply FULL of corny dialogue and cheesy melodrama. And it wasn't just restricted to The X-Men, sadly.
clownkiller
mistique is the best dr.jean grey rules olso but her powers are way to hot
talonsmallville
Hi people,

Anybody can answer my question?

I had colection about X-men (commics) but a long time I cant read anything. I read something another day that Jean Grey is dead again is that true?
Tatsumaru
Never read the comics but I liked the cartoon a lot. My favorite is Wolverine also haha, he's so manly and rugged Cool I'd also choose close range combat over long range so that's why I like his powers the most. Claws ftw!

The movies are pretty nice as well. The last one was pretty weak in some areas (too much screentime for some xmen, and too little for others) but enjoyable nonetheless.
Scaramanga
talonsmallville wrote:
Hi people,

Anybody can answer my question?

She died during Grant Morisson's run on X-Men, but Marvel I don't think liked the way he killed off a lot of characters, so they retconned a lot of stuff he did. According to current continuity she's alive, but not active in any current storylines.
Melchizedek
I posted something similar in another post on marvel vs DC. I was really into the x-men in the early 90s. I really liked collecting the cards and watching the cartoon. I still have about 3 or 4 complete sets of x-men cards, one of which I believe is a marvel masterpeice set. Anyway, as for favorite characters, I really liked gambit as a character. He was kinda wild, yet still chivilrous(sp?) in his own way. As for raw power, I've always liked Jean Grey. I always though she had the potential for so much more power than she actually used, I really enjoyed the pheonix saga. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
talonsmallville
Thanks for answer me guys.
Im so sad about that - when she died on Phoenix saga I almost died with her. She was my favorite ever and was so many things happened in the same time - I freak out.
When she survive I was so happy - and now she is dead again - why they killing the same character - why - why.
Well, thanks for posting.
udaykamboj
Wolverine RULES!
GProject
I never really read any X-men (except when they happened to cross with Spidey), although from the 90s animated series I always really liked Gambit. It's a shame they kept him out of the movies (although that's not strictly true - there was a Gambit part planned for X3, the actor chosen turned the role down and instead of searching for someone else they just took the character out).
GW_Addict
I'm new to this thread, but have to pipe up and say that I grew up on X-Men, and absolutely love the comics and the movies (though it is sometimes hard to accept the fact that the storyline in the movies is only very, very, very, very loosely tied to what really happens in the comics.