FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My domain is not redirecting to my account

mike_phi
Hi there, I have a domain registerted else where which I am using to point to my account, I am pointing it to my index page, it worked all along but just today I realised that it is endiny up at a apache instalation page has anyone had this problem what should I do to fix this.

I set up my NS on the external domain, and it seemed to work all along I dont know what could have changed.

I can still access my site using the frihost url <my domain>.frih.net/index

but from this other domain which is pointing to the above listed url it dose not seem to work.

I set up a Domain pointer in direct admin which is the domain name of my external domain I thought I needed to set that up so that my frihost domain would recognize the incomming call.

I now deleted this pointer but still nothing is working the page that i am getting is the following :

Quote:
Hey, it worked !
The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
successfully installed on this website.
If you can see this page, then the people who own this website have just installed the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.

ATTENTION!
If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending mail to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running the Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to the Apache Group, so please do not send mail about this site or its contents to the Apache authors. If you do, your message will be ignored.
The Apache online documentation has been included with this distribution.
Especially also read the mod_ssl User Manual carefully.

Your are allowed to use the images below on your SSL-aware Apache Web server.
Thanks for using Apache, mod_ssl and OpenSSL!

please help

cheers Mic
Animal
I suspect you are trying to access your site via https://www.your-domain.com - this is a secure server connection (https). Try it with http://www.your-domain.com.
Scorpio
The thing you have done is to point the domain name you bought to frihost's IP address.

What you must do is this.

Set up the domain name in DA first. Dont use domain pointers or anything in DA. Just set up the new domain name by adding it in the DA control panel.

On your domain name's control panel(at the place where you registered your domain) point the domain name to the nameservers of frihost.
Do not go for a domain redirection even there. It is enough if you point it towards frihost's nameservers.

These 2 steps are more than enough to resolve your new domain.

Dont try anything unnecessary like domain pointing or site redirection.
mike_phi
Thanx for the feed back I will double check this, But its strange how I did not change anything and suddenly it just changed behaviour.

But thanx agan for the speedy responce

cheers Mic
Scorpio
By the way if this does not work(it must), then undo everything you did earlier and start fresh and do the steps as above.
It will and has to work
Bondings
Otherwise post the domain and I'll take a look at it.
mike_phi
Here is the domain

www.worldcupsouthafrica-2010.com

cheers mic
Bondings
mike_phi wrote:
Here is the domain

www.worldcupsouthafrica-2010.com

cheers mic

It's redirecting to http://www.southafrica.frih.net/index.php for me. If that's what you want to do, then it's ok.

However it might be better if you don't redirect, but just show the same thing. It is do not choose the redirect/alias feature in DA.