FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you use to make your page layout?

gnas
I use html tables and css. But thats all i know so for. What do you guys use? Razz
sky
I use photoshop to create my layout.. it would be better looking if you know how to use it. Wink
snowboardalliance
THe layout I'm starting is only css. I use the GIMP for the graphics in it.
SNES350
HTML+CSS, but it's only pictures (screens from a TV show) right now, and a few links and a visitor counter (which I had an awful time trying to get to work with the cPanel WYSIWYG HTML editor!).
meangurl
HTML and CSS, photoshop and paint shop pro for the graphics and webcoder and notetab pro for coding.

for the pictures, i usually use celebrity pictures and anime pictures
Hi33
I use Netscapes Composer... it isn't any thing special but it is really easy, and I like it! I use tables... and tables only it is a very complex system.
WickedGravity
I use a little bit of HTML: and a Lot bit of CSS, it makes life so much easier
geoff
Mostly tables and a little CSS. I use the Blogger service a lot, so editing CSS is a quick and easy way to change the whole website.
krazeek
http://freewebtemplates.com/
Deviatorz
Well first off, I use Photoshop to create my layout. Then after finishing the layout, I would use photoshop to create my web site. It will code in HTML for me if I select the save>save as web (I think). Well anyways it'll code my web site for me, afterwards I use Dreamweaver to create my forms and frames and whatnot, then I use my web browser to check for any problems, both Firefox and IE. Then I would insert php codes into the page and see if they work. Then I sometimes would use Notepad to add more content. Smile
orangeshoesgirl
First, I find spiffy people/images to use. Then I destroy them using photoshop and then usually put a faded parchment paper for blends... plus a lot of brushes. Then I code it in, using HTML and CSS. I'm trying to learn XHTML, but for some of the coding I need to use php, so I use that too.

I use a bunch of inline frames so everything looks nifty too. And a lot of color. Wink
mark
I use html mostly but actually, you shouldm't use html because everyone can see your source of the page, the codes and everything and easily modify your page. So, I am learning something different now.

I currently work with Macromedia Flash 7
ignition
Photoshop for desinging and slicing.
snowboardalliance
mark wrote:
I use html mostly but actually, you shouldm't use html because everyone can see your source of the page, the codes and everything and easily modify your page. So, I am learning something different now.

Confused

Ummm, where'd you come up with that? Sure people can view your source, so what?
Tieskevo
MWAHAHAHAHAHAH..

you cant without html.. even if you would use PHP you would still have html as output...

ontopic: i use photoshop..
nilsmo
I let PhpBB or TikiWiki do it for me Twisted Evil
althalus
Divs and css mostly. I try to avoid tables nowadays, if I can Wink Photoshop for graphics.

Hey Nilsmo Dancing
mark
snowboardalliance wrote:
mark wrote:

Confused

I use flash now. So, no one can view how I have made my website. Good eh?!!!
xunhandmex
sky wrote:
I use photoshop to create my layout.. it would be better looking if you know how to use it. Wink

thats what i use... you can make it as good as you want and as complex r the opposite... i dunno i use PS for EVERYTHING!!!
snowboardalliance
mark wrote:
snowboardalliance wrote:
mark wrote:

Confused

I use flash now. So, no one can view how I have made my website. Good eh?!!!

Sure, if you don't care if your text is an image. I hate sites like that when you want to copy paste something...
SamiTheBerber
I write all text with texteditor, text like HTML-codes and PHP, also CSS. Images I make with Gimp, it is good and easy to use, if you can you it Wink

I need to practice more with CSS and hope that next IE can support CSS right that most of people see my pages like I with Firefox ...
kurpol
I typically use photoshop and I am pretty fond of the Macromedia products. It all depends on the type of site and how much time I want to spend. If you want a good looking layouot I would stick to Photoshop.
xiao
I use Photoshop to create the graphics and DreamWeaver for the HTML and stuff...
Grievez
Photoshop designing, than cuting it up with imageready into .png (i dont know why png, but it seems better) than i code it up with dreamweaver, ussually taking it appart and making it css.
littlegiant
I use Paint Shop Pro to work up the design and then I use the image slicer tool (if necessary) to hack it up into pieces that will fit into HTML table cells. Then I start coding it all up in HTML Kit (which I have completely decked with tons of custom-made plugins). I use HTML with a heavy dose of CSS and some SSI (when it's more convenient).

I've experimented heavily with table-less design (my main site even uses a table-less design) but quite honestly I'm still not all that excited about supporting standards and all that. Quite frankly I think it's a royal pain in the arse. But I digress...
dreamt_death
Depends what kind of site I'm making and the effort I want to put in it. I like to use photoshop, but I'm not really good at it yet. I mostly use div layer style layouts. But whenever I'm doing something simple I like to use tables.
THE11thROCK™
I use Photoshop for images. Frontpage for HTML and Trellix for Lay-out. With trellix my HTML source can't be viewed. Only the framesets and robots not the actual page source. Very Happy
Nirotu
I use Div tags, and CSS and create my images with photoshop. Personally, i think this method makes it easier to modify your website when you feel something should be changed.
littlegiant
I see some have mentioned that they're concerned about hiding the HTML source. Frankly I don't see what's the big deal. Any designer worth his/her salt can take one look at any layout and take only a few minutes to visualize how it's done using HTML and/or CSS.
markgil
i recently used macromedia dreamweaver for coding html,fireworksand photoshop cs2 for designing and animation,flash mx 2004 for my flash designs.........
sky
Quote:
Photoshop designing, than cuting it up with imageready into .png (i dont know why png, but it seems better) than i code it up with dreamweaver, ussually taking it appart and making it css.

but PNG has a slow loading
Scott
For image intensive web sites (such as my current one) I use Photoshop to build the main "shell" of the website, then slice it up and save it to html. I then make little modifications here and there, make the images background images and such.

Everything after the Photoshop I use notepad for.
yenikadikoy
I use photoshop to create my layout.
Or HTML and CSS, photoshop and paint shop pro.
Mona
Does anyone know any good beginners guide to using photshop to make layouts!

I wanted to try this method!