FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BSOD

kam311
Anyone ever resolved this one? KERNEL_APC_PENDING_ON_EXIT I'm trying to figure out what caused this, no new drivers or anything have been installed. Wierd.
djclue917
You're using Windows right? Well, you just have to live with that... Windows is really, uh, weird you know. It's very rare for a fresh Windows installation to even last 1 full year without being reformatted. I guess the best thing to do is to backup everything important and do a fresh install of Windows. That is, if you are really getting bugged by that evil BSOD.

I hope that helps...
tdk4u
kam311 If you are running Windows Xp have you tried looking at the Administrative Tools->Event Viewer->System section to see if there are any clues there?
Bones
kam311 wrote:
Anyone ever resolved this one? KERNEL_APC_PENDING_ON_EXIT I'm trying to figure out what caused this, no new drivers or anything have been installed. Wierd.

Are you sure that's the exact error message? It's strange because neither google nor the internal MS database have ever heard of that error message.
Please post the 0x number (the very first one) that is on the BSOD
What OS are you running, and when does the error happen?
kelhamcrisis
are you sure the message isn't "kernel apc depending on exit"?

Are you running an AMD64 by any chance, and using zone alarm 64-bit version? I think that error is caused by zone alarm.

Apparently the 64 bit version of zone alarm needs a lot more work before it is really bug-free. Try using a different firewall program.

If you're not using zone alarm, then sorry! i'm sure that's the reason though.
IceCreamTruck
Microsoft has a tool for cleaning up user profiles on exit, and this might help. Read This

I don't know, but if the system hangs for a long time on shutdown this tool may help. If it doesn't then you can always uninstall it. I would read about it first and see if this might help the problem you are having, or if it will help your system with other issues.

Just trying to help.