FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

anybody knows text pattern

budazz
Im planning to use this free cms software but i dont know how to configure the mysql thing at cpanel i dont how to set it up.. and also i want to have an offline version so i can customize it. im using easyphp for my offline works...

can anyone knows to do this or anyone who has time to configure it for me...

textpattern
easyphp

or even xampp

please help me[/url]
wumingsden
I have just downloaded it and the instructions seem very simple. Upload the files to your host account and create a mySQL database. Next go to www.yoursite.com/textpattern/index.php, or www.yoursite.frih.net/textpattern/index.php - don't forget to change "textpattern" to the name of the directory. Then follow the instructions.
If you cannot do it then PM me your hosting details and I will do it for you. I'm not at school for a long time so I'm not busy.
budazz
yeah i know that part the uploading and create database but the problem i dont know how to create the database for textpattern.. for my hosting

and the offline version... can you please teach me how to do it?...
wumingsden
Well it autopens on where your hosted. Here we have DA/cPanel so we can do it from there in the mySQL section. If you have full access to phpmyadmin (which isn't so here) you'll also be able to do it there. When you do create a database you need to edit the /textpattern_root/textpattern/config.php - more specifically the following lines:

Code:

$txpcfg['db'] = 'databasename';

$txpcfg['user'] = 'root';

$txpcfg['pass'] = '';

$txpcfg['host'] = 'localhost';

After you've made a database and placed the instructions in the /textpattern_root/textpattern/config.php file you need to go to /textpattern_root/textpattern/setup/index.php and then follow the instructions.

if you want another version of textpattern on your own server then you'll need to follow the same steps. If you want to use the same database, or the same set of files, then you need to edit the /textpattern_root/textpattern/config.php file to represent this. So if you wanted to host the database yourself instead of using:

Code:
$txpcfg['host'] = 'localhost';

you'll have to use:

Code:
$txpcfg['host'] = 'your_IP_address';

or visa-versa.
budazz
ok ill try that one thnks