FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hangman Contest - Contest Ended

dwcnps
Okay I've set up this hangman comp, I won't choose the word SNES350 will.

10% of the pot goes to me
10% of the pot goes to SNES350
5% of the pot goes to the next pot (this may be temporary)
and 75% of the pot goes to the winner.

The winner is the person who posts the phrase in first (even if all the letters have been said).

Final pot is 64.91 FRIH$

Thankyou and may the best Frihoster win...
bladesage
dwcnps wrote:
Okay I've set up this hangman comp, I won't choose the word SNES350 will.

10% of the pot goes to me
10% of the pot goes to SNES350
5% of the pot goes to the next pot (this may be temporary)
and 75% of the pot goes to the winner.

The winner is the person who posts the phrase in first (even if all the letters have been said).

Thankyou and may the best Frihoster win...

When will this begin? How many parts will be used here? Are you going to limit the amount of tries each person gets in a row (preferably 1)?
Blaster
Yea you have to at least make it so that we know if it is a six letter word or a five letter word. Is it something like Blaster or something like Fred Ate Food? maybe tell us by somthing like _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Scorpio
Just give us more details as the above 2 posts have asked you to.

Unless detailed instructions are given, problems popup all the time
dwcnps
bladesage wrote:
When will this begin? How many parts will be used here? Are you going to limit the amount of tries each person gets in a row (preferably 1)?

Well we'll start when we get a resonable pot, at the moment you must donate 2 FRIH. Yes we'll probably limit the amount of tries in a row to one.

Blaster wrote:
Yea you have to at least make it so that we know if it is a six letter word or a five letter word. Is it something like Blaster or something like Fred Ate Food? maybe tell us by somthing like _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Yes we will do that (_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, etc.)

Start donating and remember; I won't choose the word SNES350 will Wink .
Kovalchuk17
how can we know what it would be, i mean we need to know how many letters there are or w/w. also how many guesses do we get and do we need to donate in order to be eligible for entry
chizeled
What is the limit of players we are going to have at a time? When we reach that limit is that when we start? So we would not have two consecutive guesses, but we could guess as much as we want, right? We don't have to pay another 2 FRIH$ to make another guess. right? Just a couple of questions, since I donated already. This sounds like it could be fun.
dwcnps
It's starting as soon as SNES350 posts it down and no you don't need to pay another 2frih$ to guess again. The percentage of the prize may be rised due to low pot. Get your entries in soon before it's too late if you haven't already.
chizeled
What is a SNES350? Is it a computer? What is the jackpot up to now?
Scorpio
chizeled wrote:
What is a SNES350? Is it a computer? What is the jackpot up to now?

I think it is a member on frihost( or is it?)

I do remember seeing that name somewhere
chizeled
Hope he gets this going soon. I love hangman. sounds like a lot of fun.
Scorpio
chizeled wrote:
Hope he gets this going soon. I love hangman. sounds like a lot of fun.

I hope he does too, cause it is more than a month since he announced it Crying or Very sad
chizeled
I know, kind of slacking. Hope he isn't waiting for more people, because I think that is it.
SNES350
Sorry for the delay; I know it has been quite awhile since the initial announcement.

The phrase is in one of my posts further down in the topic.

There is more spacing between each word than there is between letters. I have heard thise phrase many times, but it's not something that would pop up every day. dwcnps has agreed that this phrase is fine.

Some rules:

You may guess only ONE letter (or word or the entire phrase) per post per "round". A word/letter guessed which has already been guessed will not count toward this.

Since this is not going to be in realtime, we will have rounds of guessing. Once everyone has guessed during a given round, the next round will begin. An ending time for each round will be designated at the start of that round; if not everyone has guessed by then the next round will begin.

We will be waiting for dwcnps to OK this to go ahead with the competition.
Scorpio
How much can we donate?

For participating I mean.. and also if possible put up the names of who are participating in the first post
chizeled
I htought I already gave my donation a long time ago. Could I be wrong? Let me know.
SNES350
scorpio wrote:
How much can we donate?

For participating I mean.. and also if possible put up the names of who are participating in the first post

In one of the posts above, the minimum is stated as 2 Frih$. I assume more is fine. I donated more than that, after my last post.
dwcnps
SNES350 wrote:
scorpio wrote:
How much can we donate?

In one of the posts above, the minimum is stated as 2 Frih$. I assume more is fine. I donated more than that, after my last post.

Yeah what he said.
alkady
Well this is a weird way to begin, Having to have a reasonable pot to begin. So I'll just donate 2 FRIH$ and hopefully we can start. I doubt it will go much higher.
dwcnps
alkady wrote:
Well this is a weird way to begin, Having to have a reasonable pot to begin. So I'll just donate 2 FRIH$ and hopefully we can start. I doubt it will go much higher.

I wrote:

Pot is currently 62.91 FRIH$

You were saying Rolling Eyes Laughing Wink . Arrow Arrow Arrow
SNES350
We need to make a list of all the people who donated, then we'll go ahead with the contest. If you donated, post saying that you did and include the amount you donated.

dwcnps (how did you come up with that name anyway?), can you post a list of who you know donated?

EDIT: Wow I'm really strapped for points >_> I need to post more.
dwcnps
SNES350 wrote:

dwcnps (how did you come up with that name anyway?), can you post a list of who you know donated?

(The name stands for Doctor Who Club of N.P.S (it's what I want my websit to be called))

Anyway Yes I will It may appear in a few seconds Wink .

TeenZine
alkady
chizeled
thpn
bladesage

If I have missed you out (which I probably have) please post here
SNES350
Sorry, spacing was cut down in my post, and I didn't notice until now. The phrase (with correct spacing!) is:
Code:

E a _ _ _   _ _   _ e _   a _ _   e a _ _ _   _ _   _ _ _ e
_ a _ e _   a   _ a _   _ e a _ _ _ _, _ e a _ _ _ _   a _ _   _ _ _ e.

Guessed letters: a e

No incorrects yet.
dwcnps
+------+
| /
|/
|
|
|
+-------+

Guesses aren't limited but just for FX.
TeenZine
e ?
alkady
A?

Also do I get more than one shot or is it 2 FRIH$ Per Shot?
SNES350
alkady wrote:
A?

Also do I get more than one shot or is it 2 FRIH$ Per Shot?

2 Frih$ to participate, not per guess.

End time for this round can be... midnight tonight (EST here... its 1:40 PM now).

If you have already guess, then no more guessing until either everyone else who contributed guesses or we pass midnight EST, in ~10 hours.

The phrase, and guesses, are in this post (higher up in this topic):
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-352703.html&highlight=#352703
seastatue
Hi, this is my first first post here and I would like to post enough to be able to have a website.

I would like to play this game. Do I have any of these Fri$ yet? If so, where would I find them?
seastatue
Hi, again. I'm back. I posted something in the Guest area and have $6.6 of these fri$ things.

I can't figure out how to send you two of them yet. If I don't figure it out before you see this, please help.
seastatue
OK, I think I did it right and donated $2 to you, dwcnps. Please let me know when I can guess now.

Thanks!

(Also see my post in Guest area and if anyone can help me with answers there, would be appreciated.)
SNES350
I'm 12 hours late saying this (it is 12:48 PM here), but this is a new round of guessing. I didn't realize that with only those two letters it would be so obvious, if you are familar with the phrase.

Again, the phrase is at http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-352703.html&highlight=#352703
seastatue
Thanks for the new round of guessing.

Here is what is in the message you cited:

E a _ _ _ / _ _ / _ e _ / a _ _ / e a _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ e /
_ a _ e _ / a / _ a _ / _ e a _ _ _ _,/ _ e a _ _ _ _ /a _ _ / _ _ _ e.

I would like to guess the entire phrase for my turn this round:

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
dwcnps
seastatue wrote:
OK, I think I did it right and donated $2 to you, dwcnps. Please let me know when I can guess now.

Thanks!

(Also see my post in Guest area and if anyone can help me with answers there, would be appreciated.)

You're ment to give me 2 frih$ before we start but I'll let you off.

If you had guessed corectly then yes you get the prize but I have to take 2frih$ off because really you haven't given me the 2 frih$, I'll change the pot straight away though. Wink
seastatue
I sent you $2 as soon as I saw the "donate" link by the avatars. I clicked yours and send $2fri. Is there somewhere to check the records of these transactions? If you like, I don't mind sending another $2 if I can find out where the receipts are kept. (I just sent you another $2. Let me know if you got this ok. It has deducted these donations from my total.)

Thanks!

I like the game and hope you keep it ongoing.
dwcnps
seastatue wrote:

I like the game and hope you keep it ongoing.

We will continue it.
chizeled
How about the letter r.
I know have donated.
SNES350
Seastatue got the phrase, so he wins.

I have another phrase ready (this one is from a movie), so I will post it after allowing some time for people to join.
chizeled
So do I have give another 2 $FRIH? What was the phrase by the way?
seastatue
SNES350 wrote:

I have another phrase ready (this one is from a movie), so I will post it after allowing some time for people to join.

Thanks, SNE350. How will I get the prize fri$ and to whom do I send the fri$ for the new phrase?

By the way, I haven't found an area that shows a record of my past donations. Do we have something like a "receipt" area for fri$?

Also, I notice there is no "donate" link by my name although I can donate to others. How come?
seastatue
chizeled wrote:
What was the phrase by the way?

"Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise"

--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father & Ambassador to France
chizeled
Doesn't the phrase go: "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise" or did it change just for this time? It can be anything I guess. Just waiting for the nest game and where do I donate $FRIH to?
dwcnps
chizeled wrote:
Doesn't the phrase go: "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise" or did it change just for this time? It can be anything I guess. Just waiting for the nest game and where do I donate $FRIH to?

Me!!!

That's where.

We will be having the second round of the hangman contest here

See you there!!!

moderators -close- this.
seastatue
SNES350 wrote:

Thanks, again. When do I receive my prize?
dwcnps
seastatue wrote:
SNES350 wrote:

Thanks, again. When do I receive my prize?

I've sent it right now!

48.6825frih$ has reached you're door!

-Close- This now please
chizeled
I have sent it, I have to visit the site now?
dwcnps
chizeled wrote:
I have sent it, I have to visit the site now?

(he's already worked himself out so my work here is done Wink ).

Please -close- this.