FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Inspector Morse

Tiger
I am currently reading an Inspector Morse omnibus (two books in one). The two books are "The Remorseful Day" and "The Wench is Dead".

I have seen some of the series on TV too, and I must say that compared to the book, a lot is lost. Unfortunately I didn't watch the series from the beginning, and while I do like the TV series, the book(s) are absolutely amazing.

I must comment on language too - the author is meticulous and pays great attention to grammar, etc. I have to admit that I'm learning a lot abut the English language from this author, even though I am a native speaker.

Has anyone else read the books? I am definitely a fan. Interesting books, but much more than just a "quick read".
The Philosopher Princess
I haven't read the books, nor even seen any. But I adore the tv show and the actor playing Morse who's a really CCoolCoolL character.
Tiger
The Philosopher Princess wrote:
I haven't read the books, nor even seen any. But I adore the tv show and the actor playing Morse who's a really CCoolCoolL character.

Great! What's your favourite thing about Inspector Morse? What other character(s) do you like? Do you have a favourite episode?
The Philosopher Princess
Well, I usually like smart characters a lot, and to contrast this, I often find dumb characters too boring. There can be exceptions, of course. But I really like smart characters who are believably smart, which I think Morse is, and who sort of surprise you that theyre smart. He comes off as a kind of unassuming, rumpled dude but when you see him work, he doesnt let that get in his way. And he seems genuinely nice, which I like. Hes the type of person Id like to know in real life.

I dont know about episodes. Ive loved every one Ive seen. They were shown on PBS Mysteries at times along with Sherlock Holmes and other investigator types.

What about you? Smile