FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

dj programs

NuniPio
does anybody use any dj programs to remix music on their computers?? i use to use ejay but havent tried it for a while.. anybody know of any good ones?
Thug
For making mixes on the pc i use Sony Acid Music Studio 6.0
Its the easiest and best program in my opinion, easy to use.
sgwreviews
I used BPM studio PRO from
http://www.alcatech.com/html/

Don't know much about DJ'in but, I think you can do alot of stuff with it.[/url]
NuniPio
i was thinking something more freeware.. or a lil more cheaper than that
sgwreviews
I got this from a friend of me, maybe someone you know has it too.
Dj Redrum
the best program software out at the moment for the average person is Acid Pro 6 which came out last month. Worth getting if your interested as it has alot of good features and it pretty easy to learn with after a few hours with it.
legion
a good music making software is FLStudio 6 ; it's excellent and has a lot of effects, plugins and other stuff
Dj Redrum
^^^^^

i think he is looking for software to make remixes with not to produce with.

if you are in need though for a beat producing program go for Reason 3 as its the best around for the quality ect...
NuniPio
yea i meant getting songs and remixing them with a few extra beats and perhaps some other songs and my own samples
Dj Redrum
i would say it is best to go for the Sony Acid Pro 6 then...as you can also make beats on there with adding wav loops and pads to use.
minikiltman
www.virtualdj.com You can get a trial..It's okay..
Synaesthetik
any version of cubase is good. good for mixing down tracks... good audio quality
djcaution
NuniPio- yeesh, these replies all suck- let a real DJ answer this:

If you're looking to mix mp3s without turntables or external hardware, there are a lot of programs which have free demo downloads so you can see what you like before you buy. some of these programs, like pioneer's new svj-dl01 software is by far the best stand alone package out there, but it retails for around $300 (free demo available). then there's the other end of the spectrum, Mixstation3 by Atomix. the base package runs for about $40 and you can buy it at futureshop i think.

You should really check out 'Traktor' too, I like that one.

Traktor screenshot
Psynthax
Traktor is awsome, the best one.. It gives you realistic DJing expirience..

It has lots of options.. I would recommend it if you can`t afford real DJ equipment..
NuniPio
i think ive used traktor before but it didnt really do what i wanted.. i want to mix songs with beats and cut it out here n there add other songs in between, put some samples etc etc... i think ill need more than one prog tho
Thug
Hey Dj Redrum you also here, u might know me as - Dj Smokaveli Wink
Andrew426
I use FLstudio 4.
Bourgondier
I also looked for this on the internet, and I found Mixmeister. You have to buy it, because in the trial you will hear I voice saying: ''this mix is made with the trial version of Mixmeister, to delete this message, you have to buy the full version of Mixmeister. Go to http://www.mixmeister.com and order your full version!'' So that sucks. But it's fun to check it out!
selim06
I think Microsoft know how should be a DJ program...Acid 6.0 and Soundforge 8.0 i'm using and i recommend them..
varuncomputers
There are various types of hobbies which people develop....
Among those music one the common hobby which people like to involve
in that....If we practice the music composition,its not only the question of entertainment but it also relax our mind......everybody likes to hear the music.....this is one of the proffession also that has become from long time....
cghq
does anybody know of any good dj games?..... like beatmania?
NuniPio
has anybody used ejay?
Scott
I think you could use Ableton Live for what you said. I love it. It is easy to import songs and then you can strectch them to be on time, and add in samples, beats and stuff.
NuniPio
yea im looking for something similar to ejay
alienjones
Ehm...talking about "DJing" there is no "DJ"-Software.

Here is my program:
Visit some DJ-stuff-store.
Get two turntables and a mixer.
Visit the record-dealer of your choice.
Buy cool records.
Learn how to mix.
Enjoy yourself....

All those "DJ"-programs mentioned above kill the music - I wish people would realize this. I am sick of those lamers leeching the best sounds for free from the internet and thinking there great DJs on using their PCs in order to create "great mixes". DJs support artists as they're artists themselves.

Djing is culture, not consuming. It is a craft, not a status. Djing is knowledge, not theft. It's being part of a scene, not pretending to be cool.
NuniPio
alienjones wrote:

Here is my program:
Buy cool records.
Learn how to mix.
Enjoy yourself....

All those "DJ"-programs mentioned above kill the music - I wish people would realize this. I am sick of those lamers leeching the best sounds for free from the internet and thinking there great DJs on using their PCs in order to create "great mixes". DJs support artists as they're artists themselves.

Djing is culture, not consuming. It is a craft, not a status. Djing is knowledge, not theft. It's being part of a scene, not pretending to be cool.

why waste money on all that when i dont plan to become a pro dj, i just want to make my own mixes, and plus its soo much better to use digital music than records
bulek
BMP studio and Traktor DJ studio 3
essentialmedia
Sony Acid Pro for what you are looking to do, Traktor for DJ'ing. I left vinyl altogether for Traktor and Final Scratch.
essentialmedia
alienjones wrote:

Here is my program:
Buy cool records.
Learn how to mix.
Enjoy yourself....

Alien Jones, you are truly alien to the DJ culture then. Times change, professional DJ's are artists whether we still use vinyl or not. You broad generalizaitons that DJ's who have made the move to digital are any less of a DJ or artists than a vinyl DJ are ignorant and all out wrong.

It does NOT kill the music, ignorance like yours it what kills music. I have been a professional touring musician and I am now a professional touring DJ AND a manager of many professional musicians. We are all artists, we all work very hard to be the best at what we do.

Your ignorance will always keep you in last place, always in the dark and will only ensure that you never evolve to be something truly amazing but always that "guy" who just likes to be a hater in the background.

Don't be so quick to judge. Most professional DJ's that I know and that are part of MY culture and MY community have made the obviously wise choice to digital, you can hate that fact all you want but it will remain true. But then again you are probably one of those that still uses a PC and thinks that making a fire with a twig and stone is easier than using a lighter.

Step out of the dark ages and quit being afraid of technology and progress.

Wink
fkmax
Y dun you use Virtual DJ, I have been using it for few months and i find it rather easy and interesting to use. there are so many softwares out there, but for me virtual dj looks like the better then others, so y don't you try it....

Virtual DJ Rocks
NuniPio
ive tried: EZ-DJ Plus, Lab DJ, RockIt Pro DJ V3.2, djDecks, DSS DJ 5.5, PCDJ Red. they all seem good, one of them is really crap lol i dont remember which one but the last one was pretty good as it allowed me to use both my sound cards, with one of them for previewing music. is there any similar progs to that?
Georgeboy
I'm using ultramixer. This is a new program, still in beta version and it should stay for free for non-commercial use. http://www.ultramixer.com It works fine like bpm studio and I hope that they will add soon new features. The program is still in development.

Greetz
Scott
I use Ableton Live, I don't use it music for live music though.

cjlargear
have you tried audacity??? it is free and very easy to learn...

it allows you to edit (cut, copy, paste, re-arrange) a sound file (musical track) and it also has multitracking abilities.

you can also check in shareware music machine (www.hitsquad.com/smm or http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/MULTITRACK_RECORDING/) for free multitrack recorders (i believe there is also a FREE version of "PRO TOOLS" as well in there (very good for what you are after).
NuniPio
has anybody ever used usb dj decks? are they any good?
equi
For easy beatmixing I've used MixMeister (5 I think)... found it easy to work with. Then of course can SoundForge be good to work with sounds and effect.
deStructuralized
NuniPio wrote:

Depends on the application

If you're strictly using the turntable to rip vinyl onto your computer, they should work fine. If you're trying to do anything beyond that, like scratching or cutting, or mixing live, you might run into some trouble because USB is known to have problems with latency...especially older USB slots.

As for durability issues...everything should be fine as long as you stay away from belt drives.
NuniPio
deStructuralized wrote:
NuniPio wrote:

Depends on the application

If you're strictly using the turntable to rip vinyl onto your computer, they should work fine. If you're trying to do anything beyond that, like scratching or cutting, or mixing live, you might run into some trouble because USB is known to have problems with latency...especially older USB slots.

As for durability issues...everything should be fine as long as you stay away from belt drives.

which decks have you used?
deStructuralized
Honestly, I haven't tried out any USB decks, I've just (1) worked with USB-based instruments, controllers, and recording devices & (2) read a few reviews on them.

Right now I'm working with Numark TT200s.
NuniPio
oh ok.. well yea i do alot of work with computers myself and i do agree that usb is pretty laggy at times and i prefer firewire.. its just finding firewire decks thats the hassle Confused
deStructuralized
True...I don't think there are any Firewire decks out

Ultimately, it's a question of whatever works best for you Smile I say try a few out before you buy them; your local GuitarCenter should have a room with a whole bunch of decks setup and you can try out their feel / response.

However, USB isn't necessary for computer applications. If you have a battle style mixer, and if your computer has a basic 1/8" stereo line-in jack you can use an RCA to stereo conversion cable to hook the mixer up to the computer. The mixer takes care of amplifying the signal, and you can manipulate it further with EQ and effects instead of waiting for it to hit your computer first.

It's basically the difference between:
Turntables --> USB --> Computer (EQ, effects, volume control)

and

Turntables --> Phono Preamp or Mixer (EQ, effects, volume control) --> Computer

Another thing you might want to look into if you want to hook more than one deck up is USB mixers...I believe Numark put one out. That way if you wanna rock your decks without a computer you just need a standard mixer...as opposed to two additional decks Smile
dephunk
I use Propellerhead reason rewired to Ableton Live 6 ...great combination......
NuniPio
dephunk wrote:
I use Propellerhead reason rewired to Ableton Live 6 ...great combination......

is that freeware?
dephunk
no buddy they both 250 each ...unless ya can get from p2p.....
NuniPio
hmm icic, well if it sells for that amount im sure its got some hectic features.. ill give them a try. also have u tried DSS DJ by any chance? i currently use version 5.5 and its my main software which i run at gigs for live mixing (ive almost mastered all the keyboard shortcuts lol)
NuniPio
im thinking of purchasing the B-Control DeeJay BCD2000, has anybody tried this?
tgy588
Sony Acid Pro for what you are looking to do, Traktor for DJ'ing. I left vinyl altogether for Traktor and Final Scratch.
BladeRunner
I started out on ejay, then a combination of Fruity Loops and CoolEdit...but now for that pro touch I can't fault Propellerhead's Reason 3.

http://www.propellerheads.se/
NuniPio
hmm well i purchased the hercules console and am planning to use it with traktor.. ill mess with some other applications i have n let peple know how well it goes.. thanks for the advice guys
kurd
thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
johanafgbg
NuniPio wrote:
ive tried: EZ-DJ Plus, Lab DJ, RockIt Pro DJ V3.2, djDecks, DSS DJ 5.5, PCDJ Red. they all seem good, one of them is really crap lol i dont remember which one but the last one was pretty good as it allowed me to use both my sound cards, with one of them for previewing music. is there any similar progs to that?

i think that virutal DJ is the best program
Afaceinthematrix
Acid Pro is probably the best program out there for mixing...
NuniPio
johanafgbg wrote:
NuniPio wrote:

i think that virutal DJ is the best program

yes virtual dj is a very good program as it has lots of features, but after using traktor it compares nothing like virtual dj.
KMKM
Even i tried virtual dj.. but since i dont like increasing my use of pirated software... so i left it. Anyways it was pretty good for a beginner like me, as i dont know much abt beat mixing and song editing. Razz
Overall it was a nice experience Smile

~KMKM
NuniPio
well if you dont wanna use pirated software.. u simply get the trial or demo versions and they work fine, then once u find a program that does exactly what you need, then u can purchase it.. thats what ive been doing and currently use virtual dj.. but it doesnt seem to do EvERYTHING i want and also some features just arent as good as i expected and work better with other programs. e.g scratching (works better with traktor)
Jaan
Traktor is the only way to go. Unless you have Finalscratch or something else of that sort.
NuniPio
Jaan wrote:
Traktor is the only way to go. Unless you have Finalscratch or something else of that sort.

i agree with you there but then you have to consider the $$$ im looking at getting the xone:3d console from allen & heath with traktor once i have tha cash lol.. it seems like forever tho
missdixy
I use Sony Acid Music Studio 6.0 and it works great for me ^^
Danne206
I use VirtualDJ it's preatty good Smile
okolonas
I`m using Sony Music ACID pro. It`s amazing software for mix music.
http://www.chmelka.com/mixmaster/
charysteos
use fruity loops, its a nice and powerfull program

the song boten anna from basshunter is created with fruity loops Smile
mind
NuniPio wrote:
does anybody use any dj programs to remix music on their computers?? i use to use ejay but havent tried it for a while.. anybody know of any good ones?

eJay isn't DJ Software, eJay let's you build a song, it doesn't let you mix music.

I use Reason 3 & FL Studio with various plugins.
NuniPio
mind wrote:
NuniPio wrote:

eJay isn't DJ Software, eJay let's you build a song, it doesn't let you mix music.

I use Reason 3 & FL Studio with various plugins.

eJay does kinda let you mix music, you just cant play it live
trumnation
Reason 3 is the best if your trying to mix music. If your new though you might want to try using some software thats free first.
Fright Knight
Are there any free DJ software?
defnet
trumnation wrote:
Reason 3 is the best if your trying to mix music. If your new though you might want to try using some software thats free first.

From what i know reasons is more for making beats and sampling stuff. Not for mixing. I think that Traktor DJ Studio is the best program for live mixing. If not interesting in mixing live you could consider Mixmeister.

But note! MIXing and reMIXing are two different things. Are you sure you know what you want to do?

MIX: Traktor just take different trax and mix em
REMIX: Reasons, Cubase, FLstudio, Acid Pro to make beats and then mix em or use a multitrack recording app to add the vocal trax
NuniPio
defnet wrote:
trumnation wrote:

From what i know reasons is more for making beats and sampling stuff. Not for mixing. I think that Traktor DJ Studio is the best program for live mixing. If not interesting in mixing live you could consider Mixmeister.

But note! MIXing and reMIXing are two different things. Are you sure you know what you want to do?

MIX: Traktor just take different trax and mix em
REMIX: Reasons, Cubase, FLstudio, Acid Pro to make beats and then mix em or use a multitrack recording app to add the vocal trax

well the program dss dj does ALMOST what i want, just lacks a few features which would make my life easier, would that me mixing or remixing? i forget the website, just hit a search on google
Henk_de_Vries
For creating, no clue, for mixing live on stage, Traktor.
NuniPio
Henk_de_Vries wrote:
For creating, no clue, for mixing live on stage, Traktor.

do you use some sort of a controller, for example the xone:3d or just the keyboard and mouse?
Sukeyna
For Remix Check Sony Acid Pro 6 + Steinberg Wavelab + FL Studio 7 ,etc..

For Mix Check MixMeisterPro , Red Dj , Atomix ,DjTracktor , etc...

Search this Softwares in google.com and find more information about this Softwares.

Good luck!
NuniPio
Sukeyna wrote:
For Remix Check Sony Acid Pro 6 + Steinberg Wavelab + FL Studio 7 ,etc..

For Mix Check MixMeisterPro , Red Dj , Atomix ,DjTracktor , etc...

Search this Softwares in google.com and find more information about this Softwares.

Good luck!

cheers, will do
deStructuralized
FL 7's already out?

Jesus, those really don't mess around when it comes to software development

What are some new features?