FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Jack Thompson vs Uwe Boll

Who is more hated by the gaming community?
Uwe Boll
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Jack T
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

AdamantMonk
For those who don't know, Uwe Boll is the man responsible for such video game films like House of the Dead, BloodRayne, Alone in the Dark, and has more VG movies coming up, like Dungeon Seige, Seed, Postal, and Far Cry.

Jack Thompson is the lawyer leading a one man fight against all violent video games, with the theory that games like GTA are training for cop killing, or something. He took a big part in that whole hot coffee deal, forcing rockstar to pull all their games off the shelves and rebuild the game without the unused code.

More on Jack

More on Uwe

Me personally I'm voting Jack T, because really, I can ignore Boll's stuff. While Jack isn't good at what he does, he still consider himself an enemy of gamers, while Boll just wants to make movies...
linkman2004
Dude, Jack wins that one by a long shot. I've never heard anybody say "I like what Jack Thompson is doing." Razz Uwe Boll may make terrible movies but at least he doesn't call gamers stupid. Razz
rightclickscott
Jack Thompson was litterally diagnosed as insane, while Uwe Boll is perfectly sane, he just likes to rapes video games by making crappy movies. While Jack has no idea what he's talking about and rambles and rants like a moron, getting nothing done, Uwe ruins the reputations of good games, well, mostly good games. Uwe Boll is definetly worse, and gets my vote.
Dark_Jedi06
Jack Thompson just...pisses me off. -_-

His Holy War against video games is a waste of time and resources, seeing as video games aren't the source of all evil as he claims them to be. Just read his website...there has to be something wrong with him.

Just take a look at the load of crap he spills from his mouth:

http://bihira.com/suspended.page/

...never mind, seems old Jack hasn't been paying for his domain service and it's currently down for the moment. Quick, someone buy the domain before he gets it back! Wink
NemoySpruce
I liked Dungeon Seige and feel really bad that Uwe Bol is doing the movie. Jack Thompson aint so bad, what he is doing is actually increasing the value of sex and violence in video games. plus a lot of free advertisement for the developers... rock on Jack!

from wikipedia:
'Boll said that French scriptwriters approached him with the screenplay for Metal Gear Solid; however, Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima was unwilling to sell him the rights to the game'

good move Kojima-san!!!