FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rewards for "Interesting" topics.

LukeakaDanish
Hi all.

I just had a brainwave...here goes...

What frihost REALLY needs in order for the forums to be a great place to talk is INTERESTING topics...and it seams that far to many (at least 9/10) are junk or so uninteresting that maybe one or no people reply to it and then it just vanishes down the list.

My idea is to reward people who start INTERESTING TOPICS...eg. topics which have...at least 5 replies or something...maybe a bonus 10 points would be in place...they are afterall making the community a more interesting place and thereby helping frihost be successful.

This will mean that everyone has even more points, which might not be perfect for frihost...so my suggestion is making it harder to get points...the way it is now you only have to visit this page every week and make a couple of semi-spam posts or topics...and thats it...I think this still needs improvement!

Luke
Blaster
It is a good idea but frih would be better. maybe for topics that are hot. But if it where points people wold just make these topics and not come back. Frih would be better. So yea it is a good idea but i dont' know how good it would work out.
Animal
This suggestion is really the same as this one.

By giving a user points for replies to his or her topic, there would probably be an increase in spamming. Unfortunately, there is no way to automatically determine what threads are "interesting", so by adding points for the number of replies, we would be opening the system up to further abuse.

Sorry, but that's a "no"

-close-