FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ATI AIW Radeon 9600 Comparison...

picsite
I was just wondering how an All In Wonder Radeon 9600 compares to other graphic cards? I've had it for a while now maybe 2-3 years and paid a lot for it because of it's video input capabilites. Then I found out that I can get video input capture cards for $40 (CDN) and the AIW probably cost me a lot more.

By compares I mean....like what model of Nvidia card is similar to mine or another well known graphic cards maker's card it similar to mine? Thanks
kansloos
The ATI Radeon 9600 is a bit better then the Geforce 5600ULTRA

BTW. The ATI Radeon 9600XT has served me good for a while, but it's really time to bury it.
psycosquirrel
The All-In-Wonder cards are some of the nicest cards on the market... But, they are horribly overpriced. I would get a new vid card and get a seperate capture card. You will pay half as much for better performance.
Donutey
my 9600XT is still pretty good, but I'm letting my current system die a slow death until I buy a completely new one (case psu cpu mobo hdd etc)
Helios
Donutey wrote:
my 9600XT is still pretty good, but I'm letting my current system die a slow death until I buy a completely new one (case psu cpu mobo hdd etc)

Same here.

I also own a 9600XT.

This summer I will upgrade 90% of my machine.
Donutey
yea I'm thinking about an Intel 940... once the price comes down and maybe see if i can live on an integrated graphics setup for a little while...
ForceRun
As with all video card after 2 years it it time to say good-bye, I try not to get the highest end Cards for that reason, the next one will come out with in a few months at the longest. There are a lot of cards that have Video in Video Out (VIVO), I like the Geforce 6 and 7s because the drivers and controls are a ton better than ATi's and they also have the higher technology like PureView (Cleans up video playback!) and the higher end shaders. Pick up a Nvidia GeForce 7600GT that has VIVO for only $150 or so and it should do you fine. For gaming I like the 7900GT better but it cost more but has much more power.