FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Angels and Airwaves??

picsite
I've heard a ton of people listening to Angels and Airwaves...anyone heard of it?? I'm not sure whether its the band or the album name or what but its something that I see in those Now Listening things on msn....

Any info on this? Comments on how good it is?
snowboardalliance
Tom Delong from Blink 182 started the band. I've only heard a song or two but I think they're alright.
anxiety1
Yeh i posted something bout these a while ago.

i've herd there album now, its quite good but not amazing there a pretty average band and all the hype is a bit crazy

ive seen them lie as well and found them rather dull, and got fed up of tom delongue biging himslef up for the hole ofthe gig
Hobbit
I started a topic about this a long time ago. Check out www.tomsangels.com for news on them, they always update their homepage with news.

I'm a big fan. Laughing
Benmol
I like angels and airwaves very much. (this is the name of the band btw picsite)
They are very much like Blink 182 and Box Car Racer seeing they all have the same lead singer and drummer(Tom Delongue and Travis Barker)and the american punk scene, but they are also quite different in many ways, which are hard to explain. They are a good band though and i would recommend people buy there album "We Don't Need To Whisper" i dont know about anyone else but "The War" and The Adventure" are the best songs.
Benmol
snowboardalliance
Benmol wrote:
I like angels and airwaves very much. (this is the name of the band btw picsite)
They are very much like Blink 182 and Box Car Racer seeing they all have the same lead singer and drummer(Tom Delongue and Travis Barker)and the american punk scene, but they are also quite different in many ways, which are hard to explain. They are a good band though and i would recommend people buy there album "We Don't Need To Whisper" i dont know about anyone else but "The War" and The Adventure" are the best songs.
Benmol

Too bad but Travis isn't in AVA as far as I know. Great drummer though.
anxiety1
no travis aint in the band

what do people think of this album then?

i still think its average.
Hobbit
I wish travis was the drummer. Well I'm a huge fan so obviously for me it's 10/10, ask a non obsessive person.
patrick9480
Yeah, they are pretty decent. Catchy songs are always hard to knock down
patrick9480
Just noticed that snowboardalliance is obviously an anti flag fan. Great band, my brother id obsessed with them. Personally, I prefer Rise Against
Twikki
i dont like it all the songs sound the same i liked it better when tom was in blink182!

Plus 44 is gonna rock though
anxiety1
i like the drummer in A & A, the drums sound really powerful, i dont think travis would fit that band to be honest.

im seeing them support foo fighters soon. Looking forward to seeing them and knowing the words
Moey
I just bought their record "We Don't Need to Whisper." I think it is a very solid cd and the lyrics are quite emotionally and touching. Ive been listening to it non stop for a while now! It has a fresh sound and really brings something new to the table, and I have the feeling that they will be pretty sucessful.

It's far from blink-182 though, it might even be better actually! The cd contains ten songs and its 10 bucks. Wink
warallthetm
Angels & Airwaves (also known as AVA) is an alternative/rock band created by blink-182 guitarist/vocalist Tom DeLonge
alongside former Hazen Street and Box Car Racer guitarist David Kennedy,
ex-Distillers bassist Ryan Sinn
and Offspring drummer Atom Willard.
The band released their first single, "The Adventure", on May 18, 2006. Their debut album, We Don't Need to Whisper, was released on May 23rd, 2006.
They will be at the virgin record stor in time sqaure the 23 at 7 (Awsome!)
ddukki
Why don't Travis and Mark just make a band and stick with it? I loved Blink-182 but then there was Boxcar Racers and it's getting really confusing. I like the new song though, sure enough.
Insanity
The Adventure is an awesome song.
edallica
quite good songs but to be hounest it just sounds like box car racer
Moey
edallica wrote:
quite good songs but to be hounest it just sounds like box car racer

I dont know about that...its more upbeat and inspiring than Boxcar. Boxcar is sort of a more depressing emo band.
kuhdorf
sry but i dont like them i want my blink182 back and no emo shit music from Tom DeLonge