FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

final fantasy 7 advent children

what do u think
ff7 is perfect
51%
 51%  [ 19 ]
ff7 is gr8
29%
 29%  [ 11 ]
its ok
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
a bit poo
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
completely crap
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 37

Cthulhuman
Ummm.... Wow advent children is really interesting in english, Cid is a redneck and Red XIII is British and mounted on top of him is Cait Sith is a high pitched scottish (or something like that) person. Some of the Dubs don't match it very well but that's to be expected. Feel free to add any additional comments or how you felt about the movie.
ddukki
I think I'm going to go rent this later. It sounds interesting. I hope Cloud and Sephiroth are good voice actors because if they weren't, that'd be a waste.
gh0stface
For being a computer generated movie, it was pretty astounding. The fight choreagraphy was pretty good. The plot, I thought was so-so. Lot better then the first Final Fantasy movie tenfolds though.
Cthulhuman
Cloud and Sephiroth are dubbed by good voice actors and the action is by all means astounding
exarkun
Cool~ I am waiting for it a long time ago. Wonder what it would be like? And is there a downloadable version on the net? Rolling Eyes
CMA
Well, I still think the japanese version is a lot better than the english one. Sephiroth's voice didn't convince me much.
urbanbuddha
CMA wrote:
Well, I still think the japanese version is a lot better than the english one. Sephiroth's voice didn't convince me much.

At least it wasn't Lance Bass from N'Sync who did Sephy's voice, like they did in Kingdom Hearts 1. lol.

As for the dubbing, where is there an anime when the "COMPLETE" cast was better than their Japanese counterpart? I say complete as there are plenty of animes that did voices well, like AL in Full Metal Alchemist.

But yeah, like mentioned before the animation is amazing and the plot is either you love it or hate it and other things like defying physics (though, i know this IS anime and FF, lol). One thing though, Tifa's breast DID NOT increase in every scene XD
Pikokola
well... I guess the Japan one is better XD

sometimes it sounds crappy and not too good in my ears when I hear a dubbed movie Sad in addition sometimes it was dropped off when the scene is not long enough to put the sound Sad

Oh yeah, Tifa's breast didn't increase every scene, but it was increased for about a few times bigger than the real tifa [FF VII]
Scaramanga
urbanbuddha wrote:
As for the dubbing, where is there an anime when the "COMPLETE" cast was better than their Japanese counterpart? I say complete as there are plenty of animes that did voices well, like AL in Full Metal Alchemist.

Well that's a bit of a subjective thing isn't it? Also, I don't understand this elitist attitude some fans seem to have towards to the original Japanese dubs (yes, the Japanese voices are dubbed too.) You know those cute Japanese voice actors are just as bad sounding to a lot of Japanese as American voice actors are here. Admittedly Japanese seiyuu get a good deal more respect than American ones do, in their respective countries, but still...

As for good complete casts, well as much as I dislike to admit it Hellsing had a pretty good dub (although I'm not sure I'd call it superior to the Japanese.)
benwhite
At least Cloud was solid. Tifa was pretty good. I'm not sure I enjoy inserting random accents (redneck, scottish). Kinda corny. and did anyone hear Red XIII's one line? Weird...
urbanbuddha
Scaramanga wrote:
urbanbuddha wrote:

Well that's a bit of a subjective thing isn't it? Also, I don't understand this elitist attitude some fans seem to have towards to the original Japanese dubs (yes, the Japanese voices are dubbed too.) You know those cute Japanese voice actors are just as bad sounding to a lot of Japanese as American voice actors are here. Admittedly Japanese seiyuu get a good deal more respect than American ones do, in their respective countries, but still...

As for good complete casts, well as much as I dislike to admit it Hellsing had a pretty good dub (although I'm not sure I'd call it superior to the Japanese.)

I totally agree it is subjective XD.

One major problem in north american dubs, is that the voice actors are redundant and over worked. I forget which series, but one actor played 5 voices >_>.

My only peeve I found in recent anime right now is Naruto's Sasuke and Bleach's Ishida. I know they are the same seiyuu, but at least add in some variations >_>
romsman
personnally i only liked the english voices of cloud, tifa and sephiroth, the others didn't seem to fit their corresponding characters.
nonetheless it was a great movie.
lilrage
this is the best fight seen in the movie http://www.youtube.com/v/KLJDCQtgLZ0
tsukiyuuki
The dubbing was decent for Cloud, Tifa, Seph, and Kadaj and his guys, but I definitely found the randomly inserted accents incredibly aggravating.

I still can't believe the turned Cait Sith into a Scot, but I kinda of understand why Nanaki and Cid had accents. I think they were trying to show Nanaki's relative wisdom when compared to the others (since he's older than pretty much all of them, except maybe Vincent, I can't remember). For Cid, I think they were just trying to show that he was from somewhere else. If I recall correctly, his JApanese voice actor had the Japanese equivalent of a southern accent... (can't remember, it's been a while).

But WHY?! For the love of God, WHY?! WHY was Cait Sith a Scot?! *hides in corner and cries*
ltbennett
very good movie !!!!
what do u think
Cool Cool Cool Very Happy Cool Cool Cool
vaoger
i like the movie... there is two part of the movie which i like the most...
1 part...
is where the cloud team versus the kadaj 's summon beast

the secod part is where cloud versus the death... serphiroth..
nice skill where cloud release the omni slash... cool...
DopeyCriz
Im crazy about it Razz

My favourite part is when Reno and Rude fight the baddies.
Also the Final battle Very Happy Very Happy
(The remade One Winged Angel song is AWESOME!)

I won't go on and on, I will make you fall asleep Razz

~DopeyCriz
driftingfe3s
Sure it looked really nice and the fighting scenes were awesome, but it had a very crappy story.
Scaramanga
driftingfe3s wrote:
Sure it looked really nice and the fighting scenes were awesome, but it had a very crappy story.

Compared to what? Heck most of the games have had pretty crappy stories, and this was a "movie" based on a game, so I'm not entirely sure what you expected. At least it was better than Spirits Within.
m00tmuffin
Saw a lot of impressive stuff as I watched it, amazing what they can do with graphics nowadays. Was a pleasing little continuation of the story and the fight/bike scenes were fantastic.
Alein_Atryda_III
I didn't like that one. Graphics were good, but the story... Yeah, it is based on game which had story good enough and had great mood. What we see in AC? Lame j-pop like guys + strange camera movements. And I mean strange. Heck, they just wanted to make everything fast... Fast != good...
ashen
I like the CG, its so cool! But I think the story is too short...
But thats ok for me.

Alein_Atryda_III wrote:
What we see in AC? Lame j-pop like guys

Do you mean Gackt as Cloud?
GDG
I loved the movie and for an anime show I guess that was one of the best graphis I have seen! I agree that the movie was very short and I really wanted to see more of Cloud versus Sephiroth, in my opinion it was a very short battle Confused ! Anyways yeah if you have not seen it and are thinking of seeing it I recommend it totally!
Schmarvin
Great movie, but the ending was crap...I think they should've had a better battle between Sepiroth and Cloud. When Cloud just sliced up Sepiroth, it seemed that the creators didn't even want to make a battle.
romsman
i really liked the movie, it has some of the best CGI graphics up to date, altough the story wasn't really good, maybe it could be appreciated more when all the new FF7 games are released (wich can add value to the story)
alexcheng
The movie was corny at parts and the story was kinda like whatever, but square delivers on what they do best... which is excessively orgasmic CG movies..... god, that omnislash part made me eyeballs pop outta my sockets.

I didn't expect much from the story and such, so I wasn't disappointed there.

but yah, the graphics were soooooooooooooooooo cool Very Happy

The problem with videogame movies that i've found is that there are games that take like 40-50 hours to explain the story, and when you'r playing it through it seems really really good. But condense it to 2 hours movie time, and ur like... ahhh that kinda sucked.

That's the reason why i think spirits within bombed sooo hard... they made it a final fantasy story with 3 hours to tell teh story.

The reason advent child was soooo much better i think is because everyone who goes and watches it already knows the story (or doesn't care) and is going purely to see the awesome CGI.
yiusunhk
Quite honestly, the battles were a fair bit too short for my liking... maybe fighting the summon was only just alright but I still reckon they could very much have lengthened them. The story, was there and it was OK but yeh once again could improve as in with deeper meanings like there is in the game but in all it was still a good production...yes...better than spirits within.
Rebzie
I found the storyline a bit choppy.

At the end when Sephiroth grows a black wing must be when he goes into kingdom hearts world.
edit_text
My only problem is that when I finaly find a replica of that sword. You know with all the break aways. How will I afford it. Sad

e_t
tanzali2u
The best movie of final fantasy ever ahahaahah...especially when a fight scene ...totally cool...is there any remake of the game of this series?if there is . on what platform?? ps2? ps3? ..
eku53ru
The first time I had watched this movie had been after my Japanese midterm - someone had brought (and bought) the R2 DVD, and let everyone see it. However, the only subtitles on the DVD were in Japanese, so I ended up watching the first half of the movie [almost] raw.

A friend lent me the DVD quite a while later (this time with English subtitles), and I managed to watch it until the end. I have to say that the movie's effects were impressive; however, I was not a Final Fantasy fan to begin with (never played any of the games), and didn't find the movie much to my liking. Perhaps it would be different if I were a fan.
elh_merc
I loved it. They need to make more CGI movies like that. It makes it so you can really have the characters come to life rather then what person best fits the role.
schwa
I'll agree. Whenever they make the movies, they make the characters more life-like. I love my rpg games though and my anime, especially the FF series.
b4r4t
hmm in my opinion - storyline was so-so ...
The potencial of the game + animation effect in XXI century should give us much gr8er movie then that ... Where was all of materia? I wanted to watch summons like KOTR or Kjata but noo :/
Final fight was cool - music too (nice arrangation of original from game) Smile
Turks was funny too - as in game Very Happy

I loved the game, but the movie - it's just a nice anime ... they should go much better than that Razz
Tatsumaru
I enjoyed Advent Children a lot because of how it looked - extremely nicely made. I didn't care much about the storyline, it was too vague and not that good. But yeah, the visuals made up for it Smile
NewGuyinTown
The advent children storyline was... lame. It was lame how one of the character became Sephiroth... I'm like, "That's garbage." I hate to imagine an army of Sephiroth.

The graphics and actions were excellent.

We recommended to watch this movie on a day off from physics, but our physics teacher said it didn't interest him. So we watched opera for the remaining of the class. "..."
TeK
driftingfe3s wrote:

I have to agree. The action scenes were rather cool, especially the one with Sephi, but the story was just horrible, and near non-existant.
kai_guy99
TeK wrote:
driftingfe3s wrote:

I have to agree. The action scenes were rather cool, especially the one with Sephi, but the story was just horrible, and near non-existant.

no way
i though the action scenes were long and tedious, the story wasnt good but it wasnt bad. I thought it was good because of its artistic approach and of course the amazing animation
Itachi
I thought it was an awsome movie but it was too fast pace they compressed the storyline into a too little timeframe. I think if they would have drawn out the storyline more it would have been better. I really like the parts that i thought were funny too. The small comedy in it made it even better so as for me i give it a 9/10 Too Short to sum it up.

~Itachi
Itachi
I thought it was really really good but a little too fast pace. and they need a few more scenes with all of the characters in them preferably not fight scenes.

~Itachi
Dj Redrum
i got this today, and watched it. even though i have never had the chance to play Final Fantasy 7 i think its a good movie but i found the story abit hard to understand as i have missed alot of it from not playing the game.

The graphics well CG was probably the best i've ever seen on screen to.

It would have been goo dif they did the same with FFX and not made the FFX-2 as that was'nt as good as the part 1 serie, or even if they did it with Final Fantasy 8.

Worth watching if your a fan, i think i need to check it out a few more times for me to understand the story more though as i was pretty lost while watching it as i did'nt get it, it would have been better if there was more of the GF's in the movie though other than just the 1 at the end.
Shuragawa
i bought it when it first came out and i loved it so much.the fight scenes were so cool and i loved the music too.i cant stop watching it.too many hot guys ^^
shadedflame
I think the movie itself was outstanding the fights voice acting...and the part with sephiroth...I just thought the party would play a bigger role in it though...
Firstly they came in late...then they basicly just helped cloud they didn't really do that much with the exception of Vincent and Tifa...ans SHinra was basicly comic relief....oh how the mighty have fallen...
Hojo
i really liked the movie. it shows how the life of the characters has changed over the years. the fight scenese were mostly cool, but the part where could finished off bahamut was a bit exaggerated imo. really like the turks in the movie (reno and rude mostly), especially near the end while could chases the other guy with the bike.
the story wasnt too convinceing, they could have done a better job on that, but all in all id have to say it was a good movie
Jaiye
I really loved the action in this movie. After watching it a few times, the story starts to bore me, but the second half of the movie is just pure beauty.
carlokes
FF7 is without any doubt (at least for me) the best of the FF series and maybe the best RPG ever made (and i played a lot of RPG including Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quests).

Although the movie hasn't much of a story, it is fantastic and the fight scenes are wonderful. Also love the fighting scene from Tifa...trully amazing.
Rad Ultima 2
I completely agree with you, carlokes. Final Fantasy VII was the best (even with blocky characters in-game)! Razz

This is just my opinion, but I thought the movie was awesome too. Although I think it could have been much better, I've already watched it four or five times. It takes no time at all before you see fighting and action. Throughout the whole movie the action is just awesome.

I think that they should have included some more interaction between the whole FF7 crew though... As someone else has already mentioned in this thread, Red XIII only said one sentence in the entire movie. lol

Things could have been better, yes, but Square~ is not that experienced with movie-making yet, so I only suppose they are still new at it. Very Happy

Regards,
-Rad
grimscythe
I don't know who has seen the movie and who hasn't , but anyway , i've found it on video google so here is the link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8287770468887409897&q=advent+children[/url] Very Happy
Jaiye
grimscythe wrote:
I don't know who has seen the movie and who hasn't , but anyway , i've found it on video google so here is the link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8287770468887409897&q=advent+children[/url] Very Happy

that's just wrong. go spend the $12 or whatever and actually own it. some movies you can download, this should be bought though. I would love to see a HD version of it also.
Hanpusu-kun
=/
FF VII: AC was good, but didnt live up to my dreams.
First, some scenes was awfully too long. Like the motorway scene.

Then, the anime OVA, Last Order, kicked AC's ass pretty hard.

But still, its a good movie.
AkakoSeven
I don't really care if it had a great plot or not, after all, it was just a continuation - an excellent one in my opinion. The graphics were amazing, the people in the background appeared just as realistic like the ones in the forground, and there was never a moment where I thought, "Hey, this just didn't look real at all!". Yes, scenes such as the motorway scene were really long, but this movie was obviously meant to be more action, fighting and eyecandy than plot. I would have liked to see more scenes of the other characters, and less cloud emoing, but generally, I enjoyed every bit and aspect of it.

As far as the voices are concerned, I always prefer the japanese versions with subtitles, the english dub. mostly screws things up for me.
brushedbybutane
I loved the movie but ... I thought there could have been more Reno Razz.
jimbluey
This movie is very cool.. /heh
specially Vincent and Reno.. /heh...
QrafTee
No problem there, I only watch anime (and their equivilents) in their native Japanese/Chinese as they have better voice actors (though mostly voice actresses). I just feels that the native ones put more feeling into it and they pour their heart, soul, blood, and sweat into their characters and the studios choose the ones who best fit the characters they would portray. The U.S. studios don't really seem to care (there are exceptions) and get the cheapest or the most expensive voice actors and let them ruin the masterpiece we all love so much.

I liked how Advent Children was made and the time it took shows that time is neccesary to rough out all the edges to make something great... that and Square Enix isn't a loser in this category (Spirits Within' *shivers*). I hope they continue doing this for their creations and remember it is their roots that made them successful, not the latest technology or the latest American script. (both again leading to Spirits Within' *shivers*)
Cthulhuman wrote:
Ummm.... Wow advent children is really interesting in english, Cid is a redneck and Red XIII is British and mounted on top of him is Cait Sith is a high pitched scottish (or something like that) person. Some of the Dubs don't match it very well but that's to be expected. Feel free to add any additional comments or how you felt about the movie.
jimbluey
The graphics are very cool... but i dont like the story..
if they make it the same story as the final fantasy 7 on ps1
i think it would be nice..
yeu9h1
Just watch the movie today at my school on a large screen -> amazing comparing with watching on normal TV screen Smile) Anyway, this movie is awesome